Auld's Pies Are ****ing Rotten, Greasy, Disgusting, Inedible.... - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Auld's Pies Are ****ing Rotten, Greasy, Disgusting, Inedible....

capitanus

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a very simple solution to the Greasy Pie crisis, try cooking them upside down.

Then the top would fall out. 

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Anything other than ketchup and you are another certified wrong'un.

My condiment of choice for a roll and slice.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Not getting this ketchup patter. It’s tomato sauce FFS.

If it says Ketchup on the bottle, then it's Ketchup.

Tomato sauce can be many things including chutney, burger relish, coulis, pizza base topping etc.

Also, nothing other than Heinz for Tomato Ketchup and HP for Brown Sauce. I recall being in a restaurant and they were trying to make something of their 'home made ketchup' on the menu. It wasn't very good and they were a bit indignant when I asked them to give me Heinz Ketchup instead.

*insert signature here*

If it says Ketchup on the bottle, then it's Ketchup.

Tomato sauce can be many things including chutney, burger relish, coulis, pizza base topping etc.

Also, nothing other than Heinz for Tomato Ketchup and HP for Brown Sauce. I recall being in a restaurant and they were trying to make something of their 'home made ketchup' on the menu. It wasn't very good and they were a bit indignant when I asked them to give me Heinz Ketchup instead.

Daddy's brown sauce is the dugs baws

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Daddy's brown sauce is the dugs baws

Made in Poland now. Its main rival HP is now made in the Netherlands.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

• 2 weeks later...

We recently upgraded our matchday experience with the introduction of local bakers Aulds as our official kiosk catering partners for the 2018/19 season.

Unfortunately, there was a negative reaction to the quality of the pies after our first home match against Queen of the South, which we communicated back to Aulds.

Managing director Alan Marr explained:

Aulds pieces are produced with Aberdeen Angus beef which is fully traceable from farm to fork. One of the key elements of our pies is that they are not bulked out by lots of additional material; they are made with lean meat.

All meat contains fat and water, as would a fillet or sirloin steak. Pies can be bulked out with other materials, for example higher levels of rusk and, therefore, the fat that comes out of the meat is then soaked up by the rusk.

This is not the case in an Aulds pie and therefore the juices from the meat can remain as extra liquid if not absorbed by the shell.

The benefits of this are that, when kept hot for long periods, the Aulds pie does not dry out as much as those where larger quantities of rusk are used. It also ensures that you are eating high-quality beef.

Over the years this has proved a very popular way of making a pie and the Aulds pie has been recognised with many awards, including two Scotch Pie World Championships.

When a pie is eaten on a plate, fat from the meat is not an issue. However, at times when eating the pie from a foil and being hand held the characteristics of the pie can bring issues with dribbles down your football top!

The facts are that an Aulds pie is one of the pies on the market with the least additions of rusk and seasoning to the meat filling and the taste reflects this.

So how can this be avoided? Well basically it can be done by increasing the amount of rusk to the product to soak up the juices from the meat, ensuring the liquid is bound into the meat filling.

This allows the pie to be enjoyed with all the flavours trapped but may be a slightly drier eat. It will still be made with Aberdeen Angus beef and a slightly increase level of seasoning to ensure the taste remains the same.

We have since worked with Aulds to address the feedback received and, after taste tests involving Morton staff, we will now sell a slightly modified ‘football pie’ at kiosks on matchdays.

We hope the change will have everyone’s approval and ask you to continue giving us your feedback as we strive to enhance your matchday experience.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Until the last couple of sentences i was sure the message from that statement was " This is a real pie so enjoy your layers of grease " but fair play to the club for hopefully sorting it out.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

I had two sausage rolls from the Aulds near my work today. Had them in a piece with cheese and brown sauce, which is utterly ridiculous but it was very tasty.

That sounds absolutely brilliant.

EOho8Pw.png

Announce the slice fucking roll as well or it's sack the board time. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived