League Opener - Morton Vs Qots - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

League Opener - Morton Vs Qots

McKeown can't play as he hasn't been granted international clearance yet. 

Gaston

Tumilty Waddell Buchanan Iredale 

Millar Tidser McAlister 

MacLean Bell Telfer 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he'd been signed yesterday then I'd be more hopeful. Signing someone on the Friday and hoping for international clearance to be granted 24 hours later is a big ask. It could happen, but I'm very doubtful. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

McKeown can't play as he hasn't been granted international clearance yet.

Gaston

Tumilty Waddell Buchanan Iredale

Millar Tidser McAlister

MacLean Bell Telfer

Yup, thats the team there. If McAlister or Millar can deal with Harkins then we'll win this.

I want a pretentious signature too.

Don't think it's wise to chuck McKeown into the starting lineup even if he has clearance. Unfortunately I can see McHugh keeping his starting place after his usual couple of goals against pub teams, so we'll have that to deal with. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I don't think McHugh has been that bad in the last few games. Seems a lot stronger and fitter albeit against poor teams.

It's almost as if he's found his natural level playing against teams that finished 4th in League Two last season and one that'll be sent packing to the Lowland League come May.

There's not much wrong with McHugh's finishing but you actually have to do something to earn regular scoring opportunities against credible opposition. He offers no pace, strength, skill, height or movement to do so. Completely mediocre in every other department of that trade.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

It's almost as if he's found his natural level playing against teams that finished 4th in League Two last season and one that'll be sent packing to the Lowland League come May.

There's not much wrong with McHugh's finishing but you actually have to do something to earn regular scoring opportunities against credible opposition. He offers no pace, strength, skill, height or movement to do so. Completely mediocre in every other department of that trade.

I know, I get that argument but he done the same last season and didn't look as fit or strong so hopefully he has more of an impact this year.

Still can't see him being any more than a decent option off the bench late in the game though. He's been that for most of his career.

I'd imagine it will be given that there's undoubtedly be a bigger attendance

Hopefully, if someone can confirm to save me going into town before the game it would be appreciated.

pen.jpg

I know, I get that argument but he done the same last season and didn't look as fit or strong so hopefully he has more of an impact this year.

Still can't see him being any more than a decent option off the bench late in the game though. He's been that for most of his career.

Agreed with this. I think all of the players from last season really benefiting from the sport science introduction. Tidser looks better than he has done and come the closing stages of games we are really going to see the benefits.

Can't wait for this today. Feel confident

Archived