League Opener - Morton Vs Qots - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

League Opener - Morton Vs Qots

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to it.

This is the games in which Ray will be judged.

Can see this one being a draw. Going to be a very tight league.

Team wise, I think the back 4 will be the same as it was on Saturday.

Midfield, I think we will see Millar, McAllister, McLean, Telfar and Tidser all playing and possibly Bell up front on his own.

Hoping Buchanan will be fit by Saturday.

Gaston

Tumilty Buchanan Waddell Iredale

Millar 

McAllister Tidser

MacLean Bell Telfer 

The midfield is quite a tricky one to choose but they're all very good players and hard to leave one out. Think Telfer is capable of playing that more advanced role. Shame Denny won't be fit, he loved a goal against QOS in his first season here. 

Hoping Buchanan will be fit by Saturday.

Gaston

Tumilty Buchanan Waddell Iredale

Millar 

McAllister Tidser

MacLean Bell Telfer 

The midfield is quite a tricky one to choose but they're all very good players and hard to leave one out. Think Telfer is capable of playing that more advanced role. Shame Denny won't be fit, he loved a goal against QOS in his first season here. 

Assuming they are all fit, that's the line up I'd go with too except Telfer on right and McLean on left.

McKinnon has a choice to make on his number 1. Gaston for me but with Scully playing all the friendlies and most cup games due to Gats being injured, he might go with Scully at least for now.

Another decision is the centre half pairing if all 3 are fit. Waddell and Buchanan are his signings so you would imagine they have the edge over Kilday.

Bell/McHugh is another one what with Bell just coming in and not as many pre-season games under his belt compared to McHugh.

The good thing is we have a few options now. Add Oliver into the mix as well.

Pretty confident going into this. Hopefully 2000+ home fans and a win by a few goals. 3-1.

Harkins supplying Dobbie gives me the fear. We need Jim to sit on top of him and try and stop him playing. Personally I hope Kilday is benched but we'll just need to wait and see.

I was really impressed with us on Saturday so I'm excited about this one.

I want a pretentious signature too.

We have played against Dobbie before and done them.

If Buchanan can maintain him and Millar or Jim take control of Harkins we will be fine. We have pace which Harkin's can't handle.

Guest mcintyre_gmfc93

Harkins supplying Dobbie gives me the fear. We need Jim to sit on top of him and try and stop him playing. Personally I hope Kilday is benched but we'll just need to wait and see.

I was really impressed with us on Saturday so I'm excited about this one.

Kilday hasn't put a foot wrong, it would be pretty harsh to drop him.

Kilday hasn't put a foot wrong, it would be pretty harsh to drop him.

I take it you were not at Ayr then, he was very poor then. On Saturday he wasn't really tested but even then he was very slow. Jury is still out for me still not convinced he deserved a new contract.

forever optimistic

Guest mcintyre_gmfc93

I take it you were not at Ayr then, he was very poor then. On Saturday he wasn't really tested but even then he was very slow. Jury is still out for me still not convinced he deserved a new contract.

I wasn't no, so fair play. The last two games he's been solid, albeit against poor opposition.

Guest mcintyre_gmfc93

Quite possibly. I've only been to the albion rovers game. I just don't rate him as a very good player.

Fair enough. I was at the game as well, don't think he put a foot wrong, Waddell looked more vulnerable than Kilday.

Archived