Morton V Albion Rovers - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton V Albion Rovers

RyanTON

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Partick may not be going through as it stands.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Partick will go out if Hearts beat I.C.T. by three or less tomorrow. Any other result puts them through.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Good win but that could’ve and should’ve been a lot more than 5 if we took our chances and never took our foot off the gas in the second half.

First half we completely dominated with Tidser & Jimbo completely controlling the game, really like the midfield we’ve put together. Goal took a long time to come but when it came it was a case of how many we were going to score. Albion really were that poor. Two well taken goals by McHugh & Bell with the latter being a very good team goal.

Second half Albion came into the game a bit and had a few pops at goal but nothing really tested Gaston in goal. Then I think the fitness shone through and they started to badly tire and we ran over the top of them again. Clear penalty for a foul on Oliver (?) defender no where near the ball and wiped him out. Tids put the pen away. Good to see Armour getting a senior goal, good finish as well. Albion players had chucked it by now and Tids picked up the ball and just past their non existent defence and rounded the keeper for his second. Not really tested but a good win.

Oliver was very good on the wing night see him there more often, McLean on the other side had a very quiet game. Bell done well very direct and makes good runs on the shoulder of defenders. Waddell didn’t have much to do but won just about every header he went in for looks quite slow though, lack of pace in defence is slightly worrying. Not the best opposition for these players to judge but a very good start.

Guest mcintyre_gmfc93

Hard to disagree with any of the above. Armour was great when he came on, seems to have bulked up a bit and put himself about. Scored a good goal and should've had another. If we got out of second gear it could've been 7 or 8.

A special mention to Michael Tidser. What a fucking player, he looks back to his best albeit against poor opposition.

First time I've seen us this season and i was very encouraged by it. Obviously with the yardstick only being albion rovers, its hard to make a sound judgement, but some of the passing and movement was superb. Bells goal was one of the best goals I've ever seen from a Morton team.

I want a pretentious signature too.

However it's goals that count

Luckily we have scored in all our competitive games so far then.

I've no doubt there are goals in our side, especially with Denny still to return and another forward thinking player hopefully coming in.

The 5 conceded to Ayr and Thistle is more concerning for me but hopefully that is just down to trying out different formations,fitness, trying players in different positions etc. Once we have a settled keeper and back 4,hopefully we will be more solid.

Archived