Morton V Albion Rovers - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton V Albion Rovers

RyanTON

Going by Ray’s latest interview we have 7 players missing for this one: Strapp, Waddell, Buchanan, Millar, Telfer, Thomson & Johnston.

Going to be a few youngsters in the starting XI for this one and a very weak bench. Very worrying as the first game of the league season is just over a week away.

Still think we’ll have enough to win the game though 2-0.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something like this perhaps;

Scully

Tumilty Kilday Iredale

Maclean McAlister Thomson Tidser

Mchugh Bell Oliver

Not really bothered about the result now, just no more feckin injuries!

Pitch should be a bit less solid.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Something like this perhaps;

Scully

Tumilty Kilday Iredale

Maclean McAlister Thomson Tidser

Mchugh Bell Oliver

Not really bothered about the result now, just no more feckin injuries!

Thomson isn’t fit nor will he be for a while. And playing Tumilty in a back three sounds like a Duffy tombola move.

Otherwise I’d be happy with supplementing those positions with a couple youngsters and just getting this nonevent over with.

Thomson isn’t fit nor will he be for a while. And playing Tumilty in a back three sounds like a Duffy tombola move.

Otherwise I’d be happy with supplementing those positions with a couple youngsters and just getting this nonevent over with.

Kyle Thomson.

I don't think I'm going to bother either. An expensive lesson for the club. They'll be lucky to get 600 there today.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

I don't think I'm going to bother either. An expensive lesson for the club. They'll be lucky to get 600 there today.

If they're willing to cancel a friendly that would bring in a bit of money so the team is ready for the league I'm sure they won't mind about a cup they've openly said is being used mainly for pre season.

This is a pretty searson game. Let's get the new lad some game time and if we can give some youth a run or people lacking fitness then perfect game.

First game of season where it counts.

If they're willing to cancel a friendly that would bring in a bit of money so the team is ready for the league I'm sure they won't mind about a cup they've openly said is being used mainly for pre season.

It's a major cup competition that probably made us our only profitable season in the last 20 and we've been papped out before the last group games are even played 2 years running. It's an utter waste.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Yeah meant Kyle, not Robert but as he still doesn't have clearance, that idea is out the window!

As for Tumilty, absolute is a duff type move but if Waddell and Buchanan are out and iredale can't move in because Strapp is out, I don't see another option, unless he plays Tidser at left back again! Difference is Duff did that type of move in competitive games, when other options were available!

As you say, its a non event, so wouldnt be bothered in the slightest if Tumilty was used as a temp centre half or indeed Tids at left back.

If there are a couple of dev players available in those positions, then yeah throw them in.

As long as we come through this with no more injuries and Telfer, Millar, Waddell etc are fit for next week, that's all that matters!

Archived