Drums At Football Games - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Drums At Football Games

K K Kelbie

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never going to get full buy in, Marley, so I guess you just need to accept that but also accept there's folk that don't mind and are happy for you guys to give something different a go.

Do what you want, not what every one else wants you to do

Your totally right and we respect that people have different opinions but personally me and Marley thought that some comments where snidey and there was no need for them. Loving all the backing and positive comments though.

Please explain how this is a “dreadful idea” Toby

I think I made it clear in my post. The idea is supported by Warren Hawke.

The default response of the discerning Morton supporter to an idea endorsed by Warren Hawke is "fuck that".

We did speak to the club about this and only if we did get a big enough backing then we would get where the away fans are in the shed currently

To be fair I don't have a huge problem with it and if we're winning I'm sure no one will care.

^^^ Check the nick of this. Like anyone gives a **** what he thinks.

And yet, you gave that much of a **** that you responded.  :1eye:

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Hi everybody, I’ve been organising everything to do with the drum along with a pal. We’ve all read through this forum and thought we should say something about it. We understand that it’s not everyone’s cup of tea but we think some of the posts and snidey comments we got on Saturday were quite harsh.

"We understand it's not everyone's cup of tea"

The thing about a drum or a trumpet is that in a relatively small area if it's not your "cup of tea" and someone will insist on playing it, there is very little way of escaping it. Even by going from the Cowshed to the Sinclair Street end, you'll still hear it.

It kind of reminds me those odious self congratulating twats at Partick Thistle with their 'great atmosphere' which consists of 'Boom, boom Yella Army' for most of the fucking game. If you ever get that bad theyll be queuing up the burst the drum.

*insert signature here*

Guys old enough to be their fathers, telling the boys to keep the noise down...at a football match!!!

Hilarious!

Mon eh drums.

Don’t think anyone’s telling them what they can and can’t do, but rather, saying if they like it or not.

I don’t, others do. I’d say the most sensible response on here is Scott’s- we can’t be picky in who supports the club and if it encourages the next generation then so be it.

There are plenty of things about younger peoples’ tastes that I don’t like, and plenty that folk in their 30s didn’t like about my tastes when I was that age.

I enjoyed the drum; it gave the game atmosphere and it is 1000 times bettter than "hullo hullo we are the morton boys". Why we sing that song I will never know.

Keep up the good work lads. You are the next generation of fans so if it encourages more young folk to attend and have a laugh then I welcome it.

I look forward to seeing your following and song book grow.

I enjoyed the drum; it gave the game atmosphere and it is 1000 times bettter than "hullo hullo we are the morton boys". Why we sing that song I will never know.

Keep up the good work lads. You are the next generation of fans so if it encourages more young folk to attend and have a laugh then I welcome it.

I look forward to seeing your following and song book grow.

Because it’s a great song. Drums at the football are brutal.

Good luck with it boys. Not my cup of tea but lets hope it takes off. 1 million times better than a bugle.

Too far.  The bugle was a significant feature of our 60s support, and it did get the crowd going.

I'll reserve judgement on the drum until after I've experienced it personally but on the basis of games against Livi I just find it irritating.  It's the monotonous thud thud thud that jars.  Maybe if we had Ray Cooper, or even Charlie Watts.  We don't want Cappielow turning into an orange walk tribute act.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Archived