Drums At Football Games - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Drums At Football Games

K K Kelbie

1) Are shite.

2) Are doubly shite when combined with songs about abject donkeys like Kudus Oyenuga

3) Create only a suitable 'atmosphere' for spectacular failure from the team rather than encouraging success

Let today's match be the permanent end to this failed experiment then.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree drums add nothing but annoyance. Atmosphere doesn't mean constant din from a drum. It's something that builds and falls with the ebbs and flows of a game naturally.

Not the first time I'll have had a moan but they're pish. Ban all drums.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

The third goal did bring one positive in not having to hear the drum anymore.

I don't see how it adds anything to the atmosphere that singing without it wouldn't - more noise doesn't automatically equate to a better atmosphere, a problem which is exacerbated when the drummer isn't a drummer and has no rhythm so it's just a racket rather than following any discernible song.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

It's funny that the same people who were all in favour of smoke bombs are now all against drums. :blink:

Were they?? Happy to be corrected but as far as I remember most were annoyed with Warren Hawke telling folk off for smoke bombs whilst doing f*ck all about glass bottles being flung at us at Ibrox.

That’s hardly championing the cause of smoke bombs.

It's funny that the same people who were all in favour of smoke bombs are now all against drums.  :blink:

Which people?

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Observations from Today's Game in a competition that on the whole outcome of the Season means very little.. Kilday is still as poor as He always was even though He has been out injured for Months We Really need a Right Back & a Wide Player & get Gary Oliver kicked up the backside..We Move On..

Observations from Today's Game in a competition that on the whole outcome of the Season means very little.. Kilday is still as poor as He always was even though He has been out injured for Months We Really need a Right Back & a Wide Player & get Gary Oliver kicked up the backside..We Move On..

And what has that to do with the drum? There is a post for the game.

Shh... don't criticise Gary Oliver. Most are delighted he has re-signed, all ready to bang in his standard 6 goals during the season...

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

If it builds up a bit of atmosphere then there's no harm in trying it. Fair play to the guys for trying.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

In what way do drums create an atmosphere? We've played Livingston god knows many times and it's been emphatically proven every time that the presence of a drum does not add anything to the experience. The idea that a football player might be motivated or inspired by somebody scudding a drum is absurd.

AWMSC

If it builds up a bit of atmosphere then there's no harm in trying it. Fair play to the guys for trying.

Aye, they're trying to find new ways to generate an atmosphere but now they've tried it we can all see it added nothing - even at Somerset where creating an atmosphere is easier than most grounds we'll be visiting this season - so there's no need to try again.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Where will they be standing at Scapa?

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Archived