Pre-Season - Page 8 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Pre-Season

I agree that Millar was always better, but prior to about 2012 Harkins was one of the best players at this level with Partick & Dundee while McAlister was stagnating with us then barely getting a sub appearance at Hamilton. There's no doubt Harkins was the better player of the two at that time. After that McAlister finally became the player he'd looked capable of being before he was wasted by spending years with Jim McInally, improving at Dundee then Blackpool while Harkins floated around struggling to hold down a regular start at Dundee in seventeen different spells, Killie and St Mirren before washing up at little Ayr.

I completely agree that both Millar and McAlister are upgrades on Harkins in 2018 though, even accounting for Harkins being our best player by a distance last season.

"Most", then. Either way, offer any other team in the league McAlister and/or Millar or Harkins and the choice will be unanimous. 

AWMSC

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Dear oh dear... classic Morton. A shoestring squad, with only 10 days to go before the first league game...

The 'glamour' friendly cancelled because we can't get a worthwhile team together!! :(

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

Dear oh dear... classic Morton. A shoestring squad, with only 10 days to go before the first league game...

The 'glamour' friendly cancelled because we can't get a worthwhile team together!! :(

I bet you're absolutely delighted it is cancelled. 

OK then, wiseguy, let's jeopardise the players for the sake of a game vs a bunch of sheep shaggers. 

The league is far more important. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

The inevitable conclusion to what has been a shambolic pre-season schedule, in which we started one week after most teams in the country and arranged one proper game (because 'bounce matches' make normal friendlies look like the World Cup Final in terms of credibility). Predictably enough, some of our players are short of fitness, some of them have picked up injuries as well and we've been papped out of an important money-spinning cup competition after just two games. There's obviously been a lot happening behind the scenes at Cappielow this summer but that simply underlines the need for Iron Man to actually organise these things as the chief executive. The club should have had a credible pre-season schedule organised before and regardless of Duffy getting sacked at the end of last season; it's not as if we're playing at a level where the manager must whisk the team off to a top secret training camp to reveal their unique footballing philosophy. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived