Who Is Next? - Page 40 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Who Is Next?

Malt

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only heard a bit, Duffy saying no managers office, don't own the training ground and it's only ok.

Not having a managers office is pretty poor stuff but several clubs don't own their training ground. Sounds like Duffy is starting to show a bit of resentment. Pity he wasn't man enough to admit to his own failings.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Something else that's irking me just now is this 3 year plan of Crawfords. Why 3 years? We just going to dick about the first 2 years. We've already made the play offs prior to last season's collapse so why we not shooting for the title next season? This is all bluster from Rae, I'm not fooled by anything he's said. Plenty of plus points with the season tickets etc but imo it'll be much of the same til there's change at the top or meaningful investment. Not meaning to be a doom monger, just being honest.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Something else that's irking me just now is this 3 year plan of Crawfords. Why 3 years? We just going to dick about the first 2 years. We've already made the play offs prior to last season's collapse so why we not shooting for the title next season? This is all bluster from Rae, I'm not fooled by anything he's said. Plenty of plus points with the season tickets etc but imo it'll be much of the same til there's change at the top or meaningful investment. Not meaning to be a doom monger, just being honest.

I think it would be a pretty low percentage shot to expect or target promotion in the new managers first season. The turnover of squad and change in management will take time to bed in. I think 3 years is a credible timescale. First season is a big rebuild, 2nd season must put up a challenge to win the league ie playoffs at worst, 3rd season expect we should be ready for success if not already achieved.

It's a good balance of ambition and what is realistic and achievable IMO.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

His dad probably doesn't have anything more left.

Regarding infrastructure, pretty much outlined above. Parklea is meh and there's no managers office etc.

Duffy said he did want to win the league etc, but it's easy for him to say that now

TIME FOR CHANGE!

With regards to 'No managers office' I am pretty sure that I was shown a managers office when I was given a tour of Cappielow. If my memory serves me right it was a small room, barely bigger than a cupboard, near or off the dressing room or tunnel, and the door was on the right hand side.

Also, managing a football club is not an office job. It's a job for the training ground and the pitch. That's a crap excuse.

*insert signature here*

I'm getting increasingly annoyed with Duffy's campaign to impugn Morton, incidentally. He knew we had an old ground and a council training ground when he joined, so why is he complaining now? A complete lack of class from him towards the club that stuck by him after his difficult start to his tenure. He's now going on the radio effectively saying "they were shite anyway" while getting hauners off his pals in the media.

I wished him nothing but the best after we got rid of him but as far as I'm concerned he can get to fuck permanently. 

EOho8Pw.png

I may be grasping at straws here but I get the feeling that the 3 years is more about the infrastructure than the squad. Just the impression I get.

EOho8Pw.png

I'm getting increasingly annoyed with Duffy's campaign to impugn Morton, incidentally. He knew we had an old ground and a council training ground when he joined, so why is he complaining now? A complete lack of class from him towards the club that stuck by him after his difficult start to his tenure. He's now going on the radio effectively saying "they were s***e anyway" while getting hauners off his pals in the media.

I wished him nothing but the best after we got rid of him but as far as I'm concerned he can get to **** permanently.

He'll be at Partick soon when Archibald jumps ship or gets his jotters. Then we can give him plenty of stick.

*insert signature here*

I may be grasping at straws here but I get the feeling that the 3 years is more about the infrastructure than the squad. Just the impression I get.

It's a load of pish, Ewan. We've had plans and grandiose ideas since the turn of the century. I'm fed up with the promise of jam tomorrow. In what manner will our infrastructure be so much better in 3 years than what it is now that will suddenly make us a premiership club in waiting? I'd actually like to hear specifics about this mythical 3 year plan.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Also how are we suddenly going to start building a sqaud for the top league seeing as we (mainly) only give out 1 year deals, pay crap wages and the fact that any player of quality won't hang around anyway? It just doesn't stack up for me and I think it's empty words.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

There are clubs of smaller stature currently plying their trade in the top league so Nielsen is talking s***e.

The only people that think that way are Morton fans.

We competed at the top table twice in Robbie Nielsen's lifetime, and never during his career. The last time was when he was 7.

To someone like Robbie Nielsen, we do have ideas above our station if we think our place is anywhere higher than mid table in the 2nd tier.

To someone like that, Hamilton, Ross County, Livingston, and any other 'smaller stature' clubs are bigger than Morton.

I don't have an issue with that belief. I do have issue with the context in which it is being used which is to criticise the decision to bin Dim Jim.

Criticising him as a manager was completely appropriate but few criticised him as a person as he always tried to be objective and was widely regarded as a top man. Seems to be showing some true colours that he is a bit of a bellend after all.

Whatever happened to all of those dribbling imbeciles from a few weeks ago claiming that Ally McCoist was going to be the manager, due to the great relationship he has with 'thu Eeeeeeeze-dales' who don't even own the club?

*insert signature here*

Something else that's irking me just now is this 3 year plan of Crawfords. Why 3 years?

Seen a few people say this but they realistically couldn't have come out and said 'we plan to win the league this year'. If it doesn't come off, the new regime is a failure from the off.

3 years seems realistic for a plan, any longer and the fans wouldn't buy in, any shorter and it's shortsighted.

They most definitely can't fanny about for 2 years though and they most certainly have to set a target for this coming year - playoffs minimum.

It's a load of pish, Ewan. We've had plans and grandiose ideas since the turn of the century. I'm fed up with the promise of jam tomorrow. In what manner will our infrastructure be so much better in 3 years than what it is now that will suddenly make us a premiership club in waiting? I'd actually like to hear specifics about this mythical 3 year plan.

I'm just trying to give the new regime the benefit of the doubt, which admittedly might be daft. Some specifics would help a lot.

EOho8Pw.png

I'm just trying to give the new regime the benefit of the doubt, which admittedly might be daft. Some specifics would help a lot.

We don't have a new regime. It might look slightly different than before but it's still the same.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

We don't have a new regime. It might look slightly different than before but it's still the same.

So, there's no bus tycoons and no Ally McCoist, and your 'Ah know a Rangers supporter and he said...' Was in fact a load of complete pish, bought wholesale by a complete whammy of an individual.

I never seen that one coming. :rolleyes:

*insert signature here*

There is no plan. They’ve given themselves 3 years to appoint someone capable of dragging us out of this division/sell the club so they don’t have to worry about it.

Cynical? Maybe.

There is no plan. They’ve given themselves 3 years to appoint someone capable of dragging us out of this division/sell the club so they don’t have to worry about it.

Cynical? Maybe.

There's got to be something. Hopkin is obviously giving it some thought to drop down a league and he wouldn't do that if there wasn't some assurances about ambition. I know he's a fan but he's not stupid.

Archived