Who Is Next? - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Who Is Next?

Malt

They need to sell the Rangers shares first

I'll buy them for £1 if I am allowed to set fire to them straight afterwards.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure. Thought he came straight in at the head, don't know about before.

Would just seem a strange change of trajectory.

Yes, but it would also be cheap, so Warren will be rubbing his hands.

EOho8Pw.png

McDowall is as glaikit as they come, I have no confidence that he knows how to manage.

And no 'glaikit' managers in Scotland have ever been successful I suppose? Two words - Neil Lennon. Another two - Danny Lennon. Fckin hell, Scottish Football is littered with Glakit people who have made a healthy living out of management.

Walter Smith seemed to rate McDowall and his ability well enough to go outwith his own clique to appoint him as a coach, ahead of such 'Legends' like Bummer Brown, David Weir, Billy Kirkwood, Archie Knox etc.

*insert signature here*

They need to sell the Rangers shares first

'They' don't have shares in Rangers.

In any case, 'without written permission from the board' is the key phrase here.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

And no 'glaikit' managers in Scotland have ever been successful I suppose? Two words - Neil Lennon. Another two - Danny Lennon. Fckin hell, Scottish Football is littered with Glakit people who have made a healthy living out of management.

Walter Smith seemed to rate McDowall and his ability well enough to go outwith his own clique to appoint him as a coach, ahead of such 'Legends' like Bummer Brown, David Weir, Billy Kirkwood, Archie Knox etc.

Neil Lennon is far from glaikit.

So what have you heard LwT.

IIRC you called this last week. So you must be on to something. Or at least know someone who knows.

Hoppy next?

As I said at the time. It's come from a Rangers fan I know, who didn't even know I was a Morton fan when he first told me.

I have absolutely no idea if there's anything in it or not but I've no reason to doubt what he's said.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

I think there's a reason his management career lasted ten games, is what I'm saying.

EOho8Pw.png

I think there's a reason his management career lasted ten games, is what I'm saying.

It wasn't exactly in the best of places at the best of times, was it?

Okay let's write him off altogether. He's unemployable. Worthless. Garbage. A piece of shit.

Let's not hire him, let's go for someone who has only ever known success, as they will definitely want to come to Cappielow and have Daddy's Boy Crawford giving him his wisdom on how Football should be played and how business should be run.

Seriously, I think you should give some thought as to who we are. We are not going to get some young guy who is the next best thing, or someone who is tried and trusted. We are likely to get someone who is either an unknown quantity, has a past of mixed fortunes or a complete bag of spanners. Its who we are. Were a shite club.

*insert signature here*

Serious question - why are you bugging him up so much? He's a youth coach with an alright record who failed in his one management job. Would he be the worst appointment ever? Probably not. But why is he even on your radar? There are dozens of other people who'd want the job.

EOho8Pw.png

No, he took over a side that had recently made the playoffs and dragged them down to midtable mediocrity. Which is why Queens fans were not bothered at all by his departure. And Ross County fans felt the same way about his departure earlier this season.

If we're basing appointments on winning a national trophy before stinking the place out then you'd be as well touting John Hughes. These jobbers shouldn't darken the door of this once-proud club when there is a club legend and management prodigy available across the sea instead.

Nonsense.

He took over queens when they had just been promoted to the championship and guided them to their joint-highest finish in the Scottish leagues in the past 43 years.

They also had a win rate of 46% that season.

Sorry what was that you were saying about fact-based analysis again???

History is a discipline that does fact-based analysis rather than accepting Hovis-themed nostalgia from unreliable witnesses. Which is why it's the only credible way of understanding the past, including that of football clubs. And the facts clearly show that there was no such thing as the 'good old days' as you or the majority of Morton fans see it. Crowds were only higher when the club was at a higher level and were actually worse when milling along in the second tier then than they are right now.

The sooner that both the people running GMFC and half the Cowshed recognise that 1979 or 1996 are not benchmarks for the size of the club's core support, the sooner that we can start seriously assessing where the club is going wrong and start building one fit for the 21st Century.

Archived