General Election Straw Poll/result Predictor - Page 3 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

General Election Straw Poll/result Predictor

Deano1874

39 members have voted

1. 1. Voting Intention

• Labour
    • SNP
    • Tories
    • Lib Dems
    • Green
    • Other nonentities
  2. 2. Result Prediction

• Tory Majority
    • Tory Minority
    • Labour Majority
    • Labour Minority
    • Tory led coalition
    • Labour led coalition

The SNP campaign has been non-existent. Could attribute it to complacency/not planning for Corbyn's surge, either way they've made an arse of it. That being said, we might be doing this again in a few months.

Yeah, even from over here I'm normally all over the SNP but there's been very little buzz this time around. They need to regroup, but I believe they can. Either way they are going to end the night with still a comfortable majority of Scottish seats.

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/constituencies/S14000038

SNP.........................Ronnie Cowan.......votes..15,050 - share38.5.  Net percentage change in seats -16.6

Labour.....................Martin McCluskey...votes..14,666 - share37.5. Net percentage change in seats +7.2

Conservative...........David Wilson...........votes...8,399 - share21.5.  Net percentage change in seats +11.5

Liberal Democrat.....David Stevens.........votes.....978 - share2.5.    Net percentage change in seats 0.0

Ooft.

I didn't see any of this coming a few weeks ago.

Poor Eck.

The great chieftan o the puddin race didn't either.

He can now now spend some quality time at home practising his trolling.

The death of Scottish nationalism is upon us.

Glorious :lol:

2nd best result ever for the SNP. Still by far largest party. I think they're doing awrite.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

That's because the deluded folk voting for them continuously think that every election is about independence. They're in decline.

The deluded are folk voting Tory thinking the vote was a referendum as opposed to a UK parliamentary election. In fact not even deluded - just plain spiteful and thick.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

The deluded are folk voting Tory thinking the vote was a referendum as opposed to a UK parliamentary election. In fact not even deluded - just plain spiteful and thick.

The exact same could be said for the failing SNP. 

The sooner folk get their head out the indy water and realise that not everything is about that, the better. 

The SNP have continuously overlooked the matters at hand in an attempt to ram through the second referendum. Time to focus on their failings. Same goes for every other party.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

The SNP will have been well chastised by this vote. It could turn out a decent wake up call in the long run because they should have campaigned much more aggressively on supporting public services and education where their record has been called out.

I genuinely do not know why people think Tories are a better bet in that regard though. I could understand and even expect a decent Labour swing (off the back of Corbyn doing well, not that red Tory snake Dugdale trying to take credit) but Scots voting conservative is real turkeys and Xmas stuff.

onsP5NR.jpg

Clutch those straws nice and tight.

Well if a bad day for SNP looks like 35/59 seats it shows how strong their grip really is. Backwaters like Angus and Ayrshire are no great loss.

At least Inverclyde got it right ;)

onsP5NR.jpg

The SNP will have been well chastised by this vote. It could turn out a decent wake up call in the long run because they should have campaigned much more aggressively on supporting public services and education where their record has been called out.

I genuinely do not know why people think Tories are a better bet in that regard though. I could understand and even expect a decent Labour swing (off the back of Corbyn doing well, not that red Tory snake Dugdale trying to take credit) but Scots voting conservative is real turkeys and Xmas stuff.

They can;t campaign any more aggressively because they know that deviating from indy2 approach will lose them votes. 

As i said, people still believe that every vote they cast is a vote for an independent Scotland. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

They can;t campaign any more aggressively because they know that deviating from indy2 approach will lose them votes.

As i said, people still believe that every vote they cast is a vote for an independent Scotland.

I think that's wrong. Plenty of voters still side with SNP on anti austerity and protecting public services but don't want independence. The very word independence has been used far more in the unionist campaigns.

onsP5NR.jpg

I think that's wrong. Plenty of voters still side with SNP on anti austerity and protecting public services but don't want independence. The very word independence has been used far more in the unionist campaigns.

seems to be working which probably tells you all you need to know. People don't want it, 

Lets deal with current matters

TIME FOR CHANGE!

seems to be working which probably tells you all you need to know. People don't want it,

Lets deal with current matters

I agree and dont want another look at a referendum in this government at the least.

onsP5NR.jpg

It's been more than a bad day: Began a while ago with laughable attempts by the SNP to keep Scotland in the EU, clearly costing them votes by pro-brexit nationalists yesterday. Surely the only way forward for the SNP is for her to step down and a pro-brexit leader sought? With Scottish Independence completely dead the relevance of her party is about to drastically dwindle in the wake of brexit.

The Ton Survived & Your Pipe Dream Died

18th September 2014

I leafleted and campaigned over the past few weeks and there were some interesting views. SNP supporters voting Conservative as they didnt want another referendum or voting Conservative because they wanted out of Europe. There were also anti SNP votes becaused they despised Nicola Sturgeon, particularly from women.

Archived