Best Takeaway In Inverclyde? - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Best Takeaway In Inverclyde?

TheGoon

The Tele are running a poll on this at the minute. What's the best takeaway in and around the Inverclyde area?

Obviously depends on what you're after but I'd go with Saba. China Garden is still probably the best Chinese, Luigis is probably still the best chippy.

Am I wrong?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Tele are running a poll on this at the minute. What's the best takeaway in and around the Inverclyde area?

Obviously depends on what you're after but I'd go with Saba. China Garden is still probably the best Chinese, Luigis is probably still the best chippy.

Am I wrong?

Very wrong.

I usually only go for an Indian or Pizza if I'm getting a takeaway. Get the odd Hoagie from Saba if I fancy one.

I've not tried anywhere other than the Taj Mahal in Gourock within Inverclyde for an Indian but having tried a few places for Pizza, Nico's in Gourock wins by a fair distance. Very good Pizza's and well priced.

Go on then.

Ha. I really should have expanded. I've always thought Saba is a big greasy and dirty.

For me it would be Cathay Royalle for Chinese or Sizzlers for a general takeaway. Would agree on Luigis.

Ha. I really should have expanded. I've always thought Saba is a big greasy and dirty.

For me it would be Cathay Royalle for Chinese or Sizzlers for a general takeaway. Would agree on Luigis.

Saba's kebabs are unmatched. Is Sizzlers the one over by Royal Mail?

Are you talking about the one in Gourock? If so, been gone for years...

Talking about the one on West Blackhall* St on the corner across from what used to be Aldo's. I may have the name wrong.

*my phone tried to correct that to Blackhawk, which is a far better name for a street

EOho8Pw.png

Talking about the one on West Blackhall* St on the corner across from what used to be Aldo's. I may have the name wrong.

*my phone tried to correct that to Blackhawk, which is a far better name for a street

That's Cathay Royalle

Don't know if it comes under Inverclyde but Macari's in Wemyss Bay is the best chippy I've came across down that way.

Also,

I think that if some enterprising individual was to open a decent chippy around the Cathcart Street area they'd make an absolute fortune.

*insert signature here*

Archived