The Famous v Dumbarton - Return of the Duff - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Famous v Dumbarton - Return of the Duff

With our business seemingly done for the day and little hope of any marquee signings tomorrow before the game I felt now was a decent enough time to start the thread.

If we play a 3-5-2 I hope it's with Grant, McLean and McAllister at the back. Salkeld and Strapp out wide, Millar, Lyon and Jacob's I guess in the middle and then Nesbitt and Sutton/Muirhead up top.

Hoping it'll be a comfortable victory but can see us making a right meal of it if I'm honest.

If we play as we did in the second half of the St Johnstone game I think we could pull off 3-0.

If we play like we did in the first half however I doubt itll be anything better than 1-1 (then of

course 4-2 Morton win after penalties)

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, let's not give Dumbarton airs here. They have an Everyday Value squad as well, but at part-time level. Expectations might be low this year but we should be beating them at home.

EOho8Pw.png

Based on nothing but a couple of friendlies and some educated guesses, I think we'll line up along these lines

Ramsbottom

McLean - Grant - McAlister

Salkeld - Millar - Jacob - Lyon - Cadden

Nesbitt

Muirhead

Bench of Tumilty, Strapp, Dykes, McHugh, Orsi, Sutton and a keeper. Any mention of the injury that Pearson picked up, and how long he might be missing? Might need to get a loan keeper in short term for cover.

Also, let's not give Dumbarton airs here. They have an Everyday Value squad as well, but at part-time level. Expectations might be low this year but we should be beating them at home.

Dumbarton have got nothing to lose though, as sitting back, being well organised and hitting on the break will be good enough to take it to penalties at least if we can't break them down in ninety minutes. Given that we floundered and lost vital points at home to Queens' Park under those very circumstances a couple of years ago, I wouldn't put much confidence on the half-baked team we've got being comfortable winners tomorrow night.  

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

No, because the whole point of having two goalkeepers on the books is that if one gets injured for some time, you're still fine (it's not actually 'competitition for places', as any team that regularly swaps out its goalkeeper from one game to another is going to be a basketcase defensively). And if the other keeper gets injured, you can always access the loan market even after the ordinary window shuts. 

Given that we've still only got two natural centre-backs for a team that seems set to play 3-5-2 most of the time, we should not be squandering any of our remaining budget on more cover. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

It's a bit of a risk only having 1 keeper for now. Can we not do some emergency loan until September? Is Ramsbottom takes a knock in training or worse, in a game, we'd be in a bit of bother to have no back up.

So you're saying we need another keeper then? Cool.

Try reading for the sake of comprehension next time. 

It's a bit of a risk only having 1 keeper for now. Can we not do some emergency loan until September? Is Ramsbottom takes a knock in training or worse, in a game, we'd be in a bit of bother to have no back up.

'Bit of bother' = a player from our crack development squad - who are already deemed good enough to fill any other position in the team - plays a single game at most before we effortlessly secure a loan replacement. Or we could spend what little budget there is going round now on a keeper who won't even sit on the bench between September-January(May) and then have to sign some cheap, dung centre back to be first choice and chuck in goals every single week. 

Panic signing goalkeepers because of one injury is one of the reasons why we can never have nice things at Morton. 

Archived