Betfred Cup Group Stage July 2019 - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Betfred Cup Group Stage July 2019

I’d expect Annan to beat Dumbarton, what with them having a settled squad, a credible pre-season and looking a decent pick to replace Dumbarton in League One at the end of the coming season anyway.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the first game of the new season, Dundee United take an early lead through "Larry" Shankland, only to draw 1-1 away to Hearts and then lose on penalties. Still, not an awful result.

EOho8Pw.png

The game was a good watch, and Hearts winning on penalties was probably a fair outcome. They edged the game without necessarily doing enough to win it. If Nicky Clark scored that sitter in the second half then it would have been a nice snatch and grab win for DU.

I thought Ikpeazu was more of a hindrance than a help to Hearts, and the new striker Washington didn't look upto much. I don't know if it's just been a run of bad luck, but I can't remember the last time I watched Connelly play for Dundee United and not either give away a goal or get himself booked.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Connolly is dreadful, but Bouhenna is worse. Dundee United have the best squad in the division by a distance but failing to get rid of those two could trip them up.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Connolly is dreadful, but Bouhenna is worse. Dundee United have the best squad in the division by a distance but failing to get rid of those two could trip them up.

Dundee United head coach Robbie Neilson has issued a hands-off warning to former Tannadice boss Csaba Laszlo, who wants Algerian midfielder Rachid Bouhenna for his new club, Sepsi Sfantu Gheorghe, after bringing the 28-year-old to the Scottish Championship club last year. (Daily Record, print edition)

Annan 0-1 Dumbarton 

QoS 0-0 Motherwell 

About 25 minutes to go.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Berwick Rangers must be really shite.

Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Connolly is dreadful, but Bouhenna is worse. Dundee United have the best squad in the division by a distance

They’ve certainly got good depth but I don’t see how their first team is much, if at all, better than last season’s mediocre gang.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

3-0 Motherwell FT

They’ve certainly got good depth but I don’t see how their first team is much, if at all, better than last season’s mediocre gang.

It’s not, but Dundee look a much poorer team than Ross County on paper and everyone else is worse or about the same. They’ve become clear favourites without noticably improving.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

It’s not, but Dundee look a much poorer team than Ross County on paper and everyone else is worse or about the same. They’ve become clear favourites without noticably improving.

They’ll eventually get promoted by the law of averages.

The big difference that will get them promotion is Shankland.

Shankland is a far worse striker than Šafranko and they were still too shite to win promotion with him in their team. Neilson hasn’t found a way to put all his best players in their proper positions and until that changes they’ll remain a far less impressive team than their squad looks on paper.

Shankland is a far worse striker than Šafranko and they were still too shite to win promotion with him in their team. Neilson hasn’t found a way to put all his best players in their proper positions and until that changes they’ll remain a far less impressive team than their squad looks on paper.

Behave. Shankland is a good striker at this level.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Dunfermline 3-0 up at St Mirren.

Whilst it is a scoreline to be laughed at, it infuriates me that plenty other teams just go there and get on with the business, yet we have a habit of scraping draws or shitting the bed when we go there.

Behave. Shankland is a good striker at this level.

Try reading the post for the sake of comprehension next time.

Archived