Who would you keep from current squad for next season? - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Who would you keep from current squad for next season?

74GMFC

Perhaps for the first time in my many years of supporting Morton, there isn't one single player I'd be sorry to see leaving Morton.

On form, Tidser is our best outfield player, but he has always been very inconsistent. Seems to have spells he is outstanding, followed by spells of being relatively ineffective... this has been a fairly typical Tidser season.

To be fair to him, the inconsistency isn't always his own doing. He's the first player to get shuffled around to fit others into the team, rather than fitting others to suit him. Both JJ and Duffy were guilty of this.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair to him, the inconsistency isn't always his own doing. He's the first player to get shuffled around to fit others into the team, rather than fitting others to suit him. Both JJ and Duffy were guilty of this.

If he’s really as good as some think would that happen all the time?

What a horrific thing to put in to players contracts at this level when budgets are so tight and poor performing teams get the chance to start from scratch the following season due to one year contracts.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Know what gets my goat too. The fact everyone seems to have forgotten that the prize money for finishing top 4 would wipe out any loss we've made in recent years. The cost cutting is moronic under the circumstances. We should be turning a profit without operating in fucking Poundland.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

It’s actually quite difficult to tell how some of our players would perform if played in their natural positions. I’d be happy to keep Tidser (if possible), Miller, Iredale and Gaston. Possibly McAlister as a right back and Waddell if we can get him on a permanent deal. That’s about it!

It’s actually quite difficult to tell how some of our players would perform if played in their natural positions. I’d be happy to keep Tidser (if possible), Miller, Iredale and Gaston. Possibly McAlister as a right back and Waddell if we can get him on a permanent deal. That’s about it!

I'd be happy to give McAlister a go elsewhere just not in his current position where he's absolutely useless.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

I'd be happy to give McAlister a go elsewhere just not in his current position where he's absolutely useless.

The overall point is spot on though, it's really hard to judge players in the circumstances. I actually thought McAlister was alright under McKinnon without being 100% convinced, but it sums the problem up: some of them might have come into their own after a while playing in a settled, half-way competent system, but we'll never know. I don't really think any of the players have a major attitude problem, so they're getting a bum deal too.

That said, McAlister is one who's attitude is questionable. He likes to shout and bawl and make statements in the paper vaguely pointing the finger at others without ever taking on any responsibility himself on or off the pitch.

AWMSC

Archived