Johansson's Future - Page 15 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Johansson's Future

Admin

Johansson's Future  

84 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think should happen to Johansson?

• Sacked before the end of the season
    • Sacked at the end of the current season
    • Allowed to see out his contract until the end of next season
    • Given an extended contract beyond his current deal
  2. 2. What do you think will happen to Johansson?

• Sacked before the end of the season
    • Sacked at the end of the current season
    • Allowed to see out his contract until the end of next season
    • Given an extended contract beyond his current deal

The Raes Douglas & Former Chairman who saved the Club blah blah & now Crawford hate serious questions being asked about the Club & the way it has been ran in the past & currently.. I have had the pleasure of asking Questions & getting told if Tou don't like it don't come back & getting Old Raes Wrath for it..

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are approximately 250 shareholders of Morton Football Club. Of the 250 you’ll be lucky if 15 turn up at the next AGM. And you can guarantee it will be the same faces that turn up asking the same lukewarm questions.

In my opinion that just sends a message to the Rae’s that a lot of people are not that interested in how the club is run because if they were they would turn up and ask questions. It’s ok coming on this forum and giving your opinion but it doesn’t have the same effect as having to reschedule the AGM because there is not enough room in the boardroom to accommodate everyone. That would send out a powerful message.

I’m sure there are a few shareholders on the forum and more than likely if you’re not a shareholder you know someone who is.  Even if you’re not a shareholder you can still attend by getting a proxy from someone who is.  

As for JJ anyone with any management experience will tell you that good players don’t always make good managers, and that goes for all walks of life. I’ve heard many a management candidate come across as really knowledgeable in interviews but be absolutely hopeless when it comes to doing the job.  So I wouldn’t criticise the club too much on that front, it happens in any walk of life.

But if you’ve made a mistake then you need to take action to fix the problem. A lot of football management is all about good man management. Some players need an arm round the shoulder and a bit of encouragement; others need to be told the hard truth and others a good kick up the backside. If you haven’t got that ability in your locker then you’re going to fail. The same goes for the manager. Someone at Cappielow need to take the same approach with the manager and if that doesn’t work then do the right thing for the club and move on.

fans are frustraited an let off steam on here but youre bang on about it

Just read Johansson's comments in the Tele. What on earth is he on about? He genuinely seems to think losing so many goals is down to some kind of unnatural bad luck, and talks about nerves in the box. Stop fuckin playing inside it then, play the game as high up the pitch as possible and make use of our our best players. If your only tactic is to get bodies deep, it's only natural players are going to be on edge and nervous, especially when you so clearly aren't well-drilled on defending set-pieces.

As for the thing about the squad being too big, that demands an immediate clarification for the club. There's absolutely no way that the squad is too big, nor does it seem conceivable that any of the summer signings - Millar and McAlister - are on huge waves, so why on earth is the manager saying such things? Either he's talking nonsense or there should be hell to pay for the board and chairman.

AWMSC

I refuse to believe that he doesn't know, or at least has had someone tell him how good Tidser was playing in an advanced role at the beginning of the season and how many goals he was directly involved in, so it's utterly bizarre that despite all the issues with our performances that he hasn't once tried him in that position that I'm aware of.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

At the end of the day Crawford Rae does not give a **** what we think we need rid of him as soon as possible he has this seasons ticket money so the best way at the moment is stop using the carpark stop using hospitality the pie stall 50/50 and programmes. Start hitting him in the pocket and try and force his hand.

You'd think that after banging the same drum at every single opportunity over the past five years you'd have come up with a less tragic and pointless effort than 'boycott the club car park' by now. And they'll already have got the bulk of the hospitality booked up and the money from Aulds to do the catering. So that's the car park, matchday programmes and a 50/50 draw; I'm sure the club are shitting themselves at the prospect. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

That we're still having this debate about the big bad board 48 hours after the manager was 100% culpable for the seventh humiliating result in his twenty games in charge confirms that TTGJ's deflection tactic has been all too successful. I once thought that we had a decent enough person in the job who just happened to be completely out of his depth; now the signs of snakery are becoming all too apparent. 

Let's deal with the valid medium and long term issues at the club only after the short term problem of having a useless gobshite as manager is resolved. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

What's the exact quote about the squad being too big?

"I knew that it would be tough to make changes in January when I took over. They said there was a lot of players here and the budget was overspent so we had to cut it down and make some savings and use some of those savings for this transfer window. You can see we've had to cut the squad size quite a lot and we haven't been able to bring anyone in and that's just the reality of it. I'm trying to use some of that money we saved to bring in some players for those positions, but it's a difficult window to do that as there's a lot of competition for good players and unfortunately we're not in a position to compete financially, so it's something I'm trying to do"

Admittedly a lot of it's maybe just rambling, but the implication is there that he's been instructed to whittle down an already small senior squad is a fairly serious one.

It's also largely irrelevant to what's happening on the pitch: Johansson is saying he knew this was the squad he was going to have to work with and might not be able to change it, so if he can't get the best out if it then that's his problem and his alone. He hasn't been lied to, he hasn't been promised things he wasn't going to get: he knew what he was taking on and he's failed spectacularly. 

It does also bring us back to asking what on earth happened during the recruitment process. If Johansson knew what was on offer, what kind of vision did he sell to the board? Was he really an impressive candidate, or was he the only one that didn't do an about-turn when they were told they'd need to trim an already small squad? 

AWMSC

The complete silence of the board this week has been noted. Do we think the vote of confidence will be coming in the programme, or are they just going to bury their heads in the sand, say nothing and hope fans shut up and eat our cereal?

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

The complete silence of the board this week has been noted. Do we think the vote of confidence will be coming in the programme, or are they just going to bury their heads in the sand, say nothing and hope fans shut up and eat our cereal?

Given Johansson's comments about trimming the squad and that it was already "too big", I think a statement from the club really is essential . The problem is, I don't see any way that statement couldn't start with "We'd like to thank Jonatan for his efforts, but...".

Anyway, it might have been mentioned elsewhere but his comments in the Tele on Tuesday were somewhat perplexing, he's basically said "I put out a team to counter-attack against East Fife as it was the best way to use the players I had...it didn't work because we maybe don't have the pace or quality in the final third".

Wtf is that about? Schrödinger's tactics? It's absurd at face value, but even more so when you consider that, in his infinite wisdom, Johansson's refused to use Ross MacLean who was perfectly adequate until he came along and also Tiffoney, who wasn't exactly a regular feature but who he seemed to want to keep. If you have players like that and don't want to use and/or don't have replacements lined up to come in on 1st January, you don't really get to whine about it when you've just lost to East Fife. As for a lack of quality in the final third, it's another idiotic whine when you consider his abuse of Tidser: no doubt we could do with more options, but you lose the right to complain when you're so badly misusing the quality you do have.

AWMSC

Oh to be a Monaco fan.

Thierry Henry suspended as manager while they decide whether to sack him after just 5 wins in 20, their last loss coming as they were knocked out the cup by a team from the league below.

Ok, JJ has 6 wins from his 20 but still.

Oh to be a Monaco fan.

Thierry Henry suspended as manager while they decide whether to sack him after just 5 wins in 20, their last loss coming as they were knocked out the cup by a team from the league below.

Ok, JJ has 6 wins from his 20 but still.

If we were Monaco then we would be bringing back Jim Duffy...

We only have 3 players who are competent at the level we aspire to: Tidser, Miller and McAlister. We have no proper full backs, wingers or strikers, so I can understand why JJ is trying to offset this unprecedented talent deficit by using damage limitation tactics. I don’t believe the root of the problem lies with JJ.

Archived