Championship 2018-19 Thread - Page 41 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 2018-19 Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dundee United are a pathetic rabble. Need to get the finger out and **** off out the division

The board will be fucking raging if that happens, they use Dundee United's wage bill - one director waving Scott McDonald's wage packet about like Chamberlain's peace accord - as an excuse for Morton's underperformance.

EOho8Pw.png

The board will be ****ing raging if that happens, they use Dundee United's wage bill - one director waving Scott McDonald's wage packet about like Chamberlain's peace accord - as an excuse for Morton's underperformance.

Yep. I'd guess Ayr have a smaller wage budget than us too. Either way it'll be a marginal difference.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

The board will be ****ing raging if that happens, they use Dundee United's wage bill - one director waving Scott McDonald's wage packet about like Chamberlain's peace accord - as an excus0e for Morton's underperformance.

Sorry don't understand...... and I haven't been drinking.

Sorry don't understand...... and I haven't been drinking.

It’s pretty straightforward- our board has cited Dundee United’s resources as a reason we can’t possibly compete, whilst Livingston and Ayr, with similar resources have done just that.

Anyway, Gomis will be suspended next week, so there’s a wee bonus for us.

According to the P&B thread Gomis was shite and looks past it, but he's caused us problems in the past.

That was a big test for Ayr, who hadn't won since November (also against DU - Csaba's last game in charge) and indeed hadn't scored since 2018. Just goes to show two things: that they're not a one-man team and that they're still very much in the title race. Oh, and a third thing: DU are  even bigger bottlers than Morton.

EOho8Pw.png

According to the P&B thread Gomis was s***e and looks past it, but he's caused us problems in the past.

That was a big test for Ayr, who hadn't won since November (also against DU - Csaba's last game in charge) and indeed hadn't scored since 2018. Just goes to show two things: that they're not a one-man team and that they're still very much in the title race. Oh, and a third thing: DU are even bigger bottlers than Morton.

Neilson was in charge of them for the 5-0 game.

According to the P&B thread Gomis was s***e and looks past it, but he's caused us problems in the past.

That was a big test for Ayr, who hadn't won since November (also against DU - Csaba's last game in charge) and indeed hadn't scored since 2018. Just goes to show two things: that they're not a one-man team and that they're still very much in the title race. Oh, and a third thing: DU are  even bigger bottlers than Morton.

Seems that D Utd were dung and Ayr slightly less so. After all the dross we've played we would only be 8 points off the top if we win tomorrow although admittedly a big if

Bloody hell, not going well for him, is it?

Still has a 50% win record in the league though whereas JJ has a shocking 29%.

They are on a poor run right enough which is great to see, especially after RN being a cock in the Summer!

Seems that D Utd were dung and Ayr slightly less so. After all the dross we've played we would only be 8 points off the top if we win tomorrow although admittedly a big if

You would also need RC to get beat off Alloa in Dingwall for that to happen...

Ross County will edge them, but fair ****s to Ayr. Shown us up big time anyway.

I really don't think they will. Looks like Shankland is staying and they've just came through a horrendous run of form and are still top of the league.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

People pointing to our league position going "it's not that bad" sum up the complete lack of ambition around the club. If we're in a not terrible place in the league despite being rubbish, it only underlines the damage being done.

This was a hugely winnable league this year and while I don't altogether blame the club for losing Snek in the fashion that they did, you're right that the whole attitude is one of just shrugging and moping. Very annoying.

EOho8Pw.png

I really don't think they will. Looks like Shankland is staying and they've just came through a horrendous run of form and are still top of the league.

I think that form is what they’re more likely to keep up though. The odd win here and there like the rest of the teams in this league. Apart from us obviously, we look properly fucked.

I see Alloa and Falkirk have brought their game scheduled for Tuesday 26th February forward to Saturday 9th because both are out the cup. If Queens are knocked out tomorrow, do you think Morton and Queens will do the same?

Archived