Alex Salmond - Page 2 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Alex Salmond

capitanus

The absolute outrage regarding this when you compare the time Cameron shagged a pig head or whatever it was, or May skipping through the fields of corn, is minimal. 

SAD. 

Apples and oranges being compared there.

Neither were pending criminal cases, so the press were free to comment on them without restriction. Both Cameron shagging a pig's head and May skipping through a field of corn both have comedic elements to them, which aided the amount of coverage. They were also both in office at the time, whereas Salmond isn't currently First Minister. The only people that are laughing at Salmond at the moment are people who didn't like him to begin with. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Apples and oranges being compared there.

Neither were pending criminal cases, so the press were free to comment on them without restriction. Both Cameron shagging a pig's head and May skipping through a field of corn both have comedic elements to them, which aided the amount of coverage. They were also both in office at the time, whereas Salmond isn't currently First Minister. The only people that are laughing at Salmond at the moment are people who didn't like him to begin with.

Agreed. There are lots of Unionists in Scotland reveling in and enjoying the fact that somebody might have been the victim of attempted rape. Pretty vile.

Agreed. There are lots of Unionists in Scotland reveling in and enjoying the fact that somebody might have been the victim of attempted rape. Pretty vile.

Pretty much, although I'm sure had it been Jim Murphy or someone of that ilk there would be people on the other side of the fence doing the exact same thing. 

There are also a lot of 'Unionists' rightfully appalled at this too, as well as some who will believe his innocence and there will also be some who will think that there is something very murky going on.

Don't forget that he is a former British Parliamentarian on the Kremlin's payroll, in an era when relations between both countries are justifiably strained to say the least.

Whether he's guilty or innocent, I honestly don't know but I reckon that this could be the undoing of the SNP in a similar way that the Sheridan case caused the SSP to crumble into dust.

*insert signature here*

Salmond is neither a member of SNP or sitting MP. Just some wishful thinking from some to think he'll derail the SNP.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Salmond is neither a member of SNP or sitting MP. Just some wishful thinking from some to think he'll derail the SNP.

Don’t know about that- he was their post boy for what was basically a generation- to say he’s not intrinsically linked to them would be naive in the extreme.

If convicted, and on multiple serious charges, there’s no way that this will do anything other than show the SNP in a negative light to voters who won’t be prepared to look below the surface for his current links with them.

Don’t know about that- he was their post boy for what was basically a generation- to say he’s not intrinsically linked to them would be naive in the extreme.

If convicted, and on multiple serious charges, there’s no way that this will do anything other than show the SNP in a negative light to voters who won’t be prepared to look below the surface for his current links with them.

Anyone who is willing to disregard the entire SNP because of Salmond's actions probably weren't going to consider voting for the SNP in the first place. The SNP are the most divisive party in Scotland, they have a group of hardcore followers as well as a group of staunch critics. I'd say 90-95% of the voting populous in Scotland already have well formed views of the SNP, hence the reason I don't think the Salmond case will actually impact the polls. The only thing that could potentially change that would be infighting within the party being leaked publically. 

Anyone who is willing to disregard the entire SNP because of Salmond's actions probably weren't going to consider voting for the SNP in the first place. The SNP are the most divisive party in Scotland, they have a group of hardcore followers as well as a group of staunch critics. I'd say 90-95% of the voting populous in Scotland already have well formed views of the SNP, hence the reason I don't think the Salmond case will actually impact the polls. The only thing that could potentially change that would be infighting within the party being leaked publically. 

time will tell as it awlays does!

Yep, agreed. The SNP's electoral base is a fairly well-established one now, I can't see it making a huge difference, if nothing else because the other parties are already viewed in such a dim light that trying to bring sex crimes in to a campaign would finish them off. 

There's a million and one ways for a competent opposition party to make serious progress against an increasingly insipid SNP and this isn't likely to be one of them.

AWMSC

Good. Becoming a joke outfit.

Even the nats are starting to see. See Eanie's twitter. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Archived