Season Tickets - Page 16 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Season Tickets

His problem was no attention to detail. At the same time though the whole design out own bespoke one has been our most popular tops ever. I've said it a few times but he's an ideas guy and not a leader.

I might have my timings wrong, but was this top not released under Gillian Donaldson's watch, before Hawke took over a few weeks later and immediately pulled it and started the design contest? 

Blb suggested it was the old old ceo which would infact be the one before iron man if I'm reading it right so no need to jump to his defence quite so quick.

Blb!?

pl06DrqUXXWx.gif

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't matter. Commercially it's the most successful and that's what matters. Next step is to capitalise on that.

What evidence is there that the actual voting process is the cause of this commercial success rather than the fact that we’ve ditched buckshee, out of the catalogue crap? Be extremely specific.

There’s a place for voting somewhere in process but I don’t think it’s worth doing every year based on simplistic nonsense like the above. We need to get a classic home top done right for the first time in years instead of having the same person putting daft fades or go faster stripes on it every time round.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I've little desire to defend Hawke here, but I do think that at times people's personal dislike of Hawke taints their judgement a wee bit. Again, I don't think he done a good job at all but initially he seemed like he had some good ideas (in some areas anyway), but in practise all we got was fuck up after fuck up. There's room for a bit more nuance in any discussion about him though, rather than just dismissing everything as a disaster.

AWMSC

I've little desire to defend Hawke here, but I do think that at times people's personal dislike of Hawke taints their judgement a wee bit. Again, I don't think he done a good job at all but initially he seemed like he had some good ideas (in some areas anyway), but in practise all we got was fuck up after fuck up. There's room for a bit more nuance in any discussion about him though, rather than just dismissing everything as a disaster.

I don't think he really managed things through to completion but things like the community trust, youth academy, online tickets, strip voting, pie stall branding, etc were all things he started with varying degrees of success. Like I keep saying, the problems have mainly been the implementation rather than the ideas which was a lot more than the Gillian Donaldson had.

I know he had a lot of other things that were planned and sounded good and never got off the ground for whatever reason which is his biggest problem. The revamp of hospitality is a good example where it got done quickly when he left but he had various different plans over the years without being able to get them done.

I've little desire to defend Hawke here, but I do think that at times people's personal dislike of Hawke taints their judgement a wee bit. Again, I don't think he done a good job at all but initially he seemed like he had some good ideas (in some areas anyway), but in practise all we got was fuck up after fuck up. There's room for a bit more nuance in any discussion about him though, rather than just dismissing everything as a disaster.

Judge him by his achievements instead of mealy mouthed platitudes and there’s no need for nuance at all: he was a useless failure.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

It was all talk. The only aspect he followed through on was his man-servant irnbru.

His problem was no attention to detail. At the same time though the whole design out own bespoke one has been our most popular tops ever. I've said it a few times but he's an ideas guy and not a leader.

I'm quite sure that was the tail end of Gillian Donaldson's tenure as Chief Executive, and not that of the inept Work-Geordie "Worz me Drone?" that is your hero, Warren Hawke.

To try and defend him by saying 'he's an ideas guy and not a leader' is no defence when he had taken several years worth of salary to be the leader of our business.

*insert signature here*

I've little desire to defend Hawke here, but I do think that at times people's personal dislike of Hawke taints their judgement a wee bit. Again, I don't think he done a good job at all but initially he seemed like he had some good ideas (in some areas anyway), but in practise all we got was fuck up after fuck up. There's room for a bit more nuance in any discussion about him though, rather than just dismissing everything as a disaster.

There's the odd mouth breather on here, but they're few and far between. I'd like to think that most folks' disdain for Hawke is a direct result of his utter contempt for his paying customers. Let's not kid ourselves, the guy was a wanker who went out his way to antagonise us in order to keep himself in a job, and ultimately that was a contributing factor to him being emptied.

Let's be honest here, Hawke was a prick and getting him to fuck ranks alongside swapping Andy Barrowman for Ross Forbes and pumping the beggars in their own rancid bin as great Morton victories of this decade.

I'm quite sure that was the tail end of Gillian Donaldson's tenure as Chief Executive, and not that of the inept Work-Geordie "Worz me Drone?" that is your hero, Warren Hawke.

To try and defend him by saying 'he's an ideas guy and not a leader' is no defence when he had taken several years worth of salary to be the leader of our business.

It's not a defence, it's my opinion of him. I wasn't the one who employed him.

I might have my timings wrong, but was this top not released under Gillian Donaldson's watch, before Hawke took over a few weeks later and immediately pulled it and started the design contest? 

Blb!?

pl06DrqUXXWx.gif

Apologies, see above. :)

*insert signature here*

Archived