Why do you hate Falkirk? - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Why do you hate Falkirk?

The fact they done away with their youth system.

They had managed to make that set-up the heartbeat of the local boys club community and pulled the plug without any care or respect for the boys clubs who had provided them with a conveyor belt of young talent. Many youngsters had the carpet swept from under them whilst plenty of aspiring coaches were put out a job. Heard that some boys clubs stopped running as a result. And for what? To give Hartley a war chest which they absolutely blew and got relegated.

Mods, please.

They have that horrendous combination of an arrogant sense of entitlement alongside a persecution complex, usually only seen at clubs as self-absorbed as the Old Firm and Liverpool.

It’s what enables their fans to not only complain that their local council don’t do enough for them, as many football fans do in self-delusion about the relevance of their club to their community as a whole, but actually go as far as using the stadium they had built with taxpayers money as an example of the council being out to get them. It’s staggering arrogance, even more so when said council does nothing for other senior clubs in the same area.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

They’ve been one of the.vilest clubs in Scottish football for years and that Helen Lovejoy pish is what swung it for you? Wake ****ing wept.

Was just adding another reason to many :lol:

I think you're throwing the baby out with the bathwater there.

Grangemouth's youth system, for all they traditionally attracted a good crop of players, the great players in the area are pinched by Hearts, Hibs, Rangers* and Celtic. The costs of a youth system are ever-growing and there has to be a time where clubs of our size say 'no more' and cut the chord. Bear in mind that the transfer fees they've received down the years only just offset the cost of the youth system. All it takes is two or three seasons without a sale and you're in the s***. I also fail to see how local boys clubs, who in theory have access to better players and coaches without Grangemouth in the picture, go bust because of it.

From what I have heard from a mate in Falkirk, a few of the better boys clubs had coaches from Falkirk as part of the community outreach work. When they shut down the youth system, those clubs lost the coaches. Could be a lot of nonsense but the guy is a football coach in Falkirk. Edited by so72

From what I have heard from a mate in Falkirk, a few of the better boys clubs had coaches from Falkirk as part of the community outreach work. When they shut down the youth system, those clubs lost the coaches. Could be a lot of nonsense but the guy is a footy coach in Falkirk.

'Footy'?

Sea.

• Upvote 2

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

From what I have heard from a mate in Falkirk, a few of the better boys clubs had coaches from Falkirk as part of the community outreach work. When they shut down the youth system, those clubs lost the coaches. Could be a lot of nonsense but the guy is a footy coach in Falkirk.

Grangemouth's community and academy set-ups are separate though (as with most clubs). Either you or your mate have the wrong end of the stick there I think. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Wasn’t at the Marino Keith game so cant list that as a reason, although I’m aware there was some distasteful comments made.

Therefore I simply viewed them as another club forming the league set up that we had to play against, although Brockville was one of my least favourite grounds to visit.

However, after this seasons events I put them below St Mirren and and just above the Ugly Sisters in my list of horrible clubs.

There was a nasty head knock with Derek Collins, taking both of them out.

Collins was the first to get up and Falkirk fans booed him causing the cowshed to go nuts.( back in the day when the fence was up so we were really close to the away fans)

Keith got up later and of course we applauded him off the pitch.

That's certainly my memory of the incident.

Edit- https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12342209.keith-injury-scares-falkirk/

Edited by Madton
  • Upvote 1

Right, here goes. Best way's probably to try and split it into categories;

The SPL

Falkirk were of course the major victims of the formation of the SPL, and the stadium criteria which came in as a result. They were denied promotion in 2000 after finishing third in the First Division. In reality, they were denied a three-way play off place with 2nd placed Dunfermline and bottom placed Aberdeen for two places in the division. The rules had been set out a full two years before that, and they didn't comply with them. Was it a crap rule? Yes. Did they vote for it? Probably not, no. Did they accept their share of the compensation payout? Undoubtedly, yes. Nothing to complain about. If you object so strongly to the formation of a body that screws you around, don't allow said body to cross your palms with silver.

Then, they were subsequently denied promotion in 2003 after winning the First Division title because their stadium didn't comply and they were denied the opportunity to ground share with Airdrie at New Broomfield. Quite an injustice when you consider that the following season, the SPL allowed Inverness to share at Aberdeen. Of course they fail to mention that they were very fortunate to even be in the First Division that year, having only been saved by the demise of Airdrie. Inverness's promotion the following season lead to much bleating about the rules being changed to help someone else but screw them over. However, had the rules not been changed, they wouldn't have been allowed promotion in 2005, and even now, would still not be allowed to play top flight football, as they still don't have 10,000 covered seats in their council bus shelter.

The Stadium

The way their local council held them up in selling Brockville was a travesty. How on earth would they want to shaft their local club like that? Perhaps it's because the council actually owned a third of the ground and had a responsibility towards the local taxpayers, and not just the local football club.

But even still, throwing their £3.1 million share into the new ground? How much have they put into East Stirlingshire and Stenhousemuir? And they still complain about how the council are shafting them. They're very quick to remind fans of clubs that have been in administration that they paid everything they owed back. That's much easier to do when you have a council that's dishing out handouts to see you through.

The Managers

The first Falkirk manager I remember was Jim Duffy, followed by Jim Jeffries, who admittedly put together a very good team, which won the league in 1991. After that, Alex Totten was an absolute weapon. The man was an absolute master at playing the victim. It seemed like a weekly occurrence that you'd put Football First on and hear him bleating about how his "good honest bunch o' lads" couldn't possibly compete in a league with such behemoths as Airdrie, Clydebank and Morton, all of whom were on their knees at the time. There was one time I even remember him complaining that they couldn't compete with us for signings because Dundee United were good enough to give us Stephen McConalogue on loan whilst paying his full wage so we could get a team on the park. Heaven forbid that someone could possibly be operating in more trying circumstances than poor Falkirk. He's a friend of my brother's father in law, who told me a few years ago about his health struggles. It was a bit of a job for me to hide my indifference.

After that, there was Ian McCall, who was tapped up by Dundee United, much to their fury. Sound familiar?

Scottish born Republic of Ireland international Owen Coyle and John "Yogi" Hughes were next. No prizes for guessing what I don't like about Coyle, but Hughes was a wank. A chest puncher who shouted about "standards" at his club when in actual fact, he ran about with his tadger out on TV in his playing days. Get that hard drive searched, he's definitely OFTW.

Pressley was the prick's prick, if he was chocolate he'd eat himself. I doubt I need to go into too much detail about any reasons for disliking him. Most will feel the same.

Houston never bothered me too much, but he is a beetroot faced wall-puncher whose time here hasn't endeared him to me.

Hartley I didn't mind until his outburst about the 10-2 game. Taking over at Them just cemented my disdain for him.

Then Raymond. Rat.

The Fans

What a shower. My two particular favourites on P&B are roman_bairn and Gaz FFC, but they're not alone. Pair of bell ends. Like others, the Marino Keith game was significant in forming my opinion of them. The atmosphere was poisonous that day. Brockville was never the most welcoming either, although much more enjoyable than their current bus shelter. I particularly remember the last ever visit there, a 3-1 midweek win when we were in the enclosure at the front of the stand and being spat on by the locals was we celebrated.

Nowadays they're not the most endearing either of course. I had the misfortune of sharing the train to and from the 1-0 win in October, and whilst they were no worse than myself and my mates have been, but I'm prepared to be a hypocrite on this one. They were bastards.

All week I've thought about how miserable Saturday's win would've made that fat, specky, Peppa Pig lookalike moron with the lilac Stone Island jacket that was goading everyone in the Norseman before the 1-1 game. It's given me a warm glow inside, get it up him.

The Taboo Subject

It's been alluded to elsewhere on the thread, but I'm not prepared to give my opinion on Falkirk's role in The Taboo Subject on a public forum. Those who are friendly with me will know.

There's probably more, but that'll do for now.

Great contribution - feel free to share 'more'.

GET DOON

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Right, here goes. Best way's probably to try and split it into categories;

The SPL

Falkirk were of course the major victims of the formation of the SPL, and the stadium criteria which came in as a result. They were denied promotion in 2000 after finishing third in the First Division. In reality, they were denied a three-way play off place with 2nd placed Dunfermline and bottom placed Aberdeen for two places in the division. The rules had been set out a full two years before that, and they didn't comply with them. Was it a crap rule? Yes. Did they vote for it? Probably not, no. Did they accept their share of the compensation payout? Undoubtedly, yes. Nothing to complain about. If you object so strongly to the formation of a body that screws you around, don't allow said body to cross your palms with silver.

Then, they were subsequently denied promotion in 2003 after winning the First Division title because their stadium didn't comply and they were denied the opportunity to ground share with Airdrie at New Broomfield. Quite an injustice when you consider that the following season, the SPL allowed Inverness to share at Aberdeen. Of course they fail to mention that they were very fortunate to even be in the First Division that year, having only been saved by the demise of Airdrie. Inverness's promotion the following season lead to much bleating about the rules being changed to help someone else but screw them over. However, had the rules not been changed, they wouldn't have been allowed promotion in 2005, and even now, would still not be allowed to play top flight football, as they still don't have 10,000 covered seats in their council bus shelter.

The Stadium

The way their local council held them up in selling Brockville was a travesty. How on earth would they want to shaft their local club like that? Perhaps it's because the council actually owned a third of the ground and had a responsibility towards the local taxpayers, and not just the local football club.

But even still, throwing their £3.1 million share into the new ground? How much have they put into East Stirlingshire and Stenhousemuir? And they still complain about how the council are shafting them. They're very quick to remind fans of clubs that have been in administration that they paid everything they owed back. That's much easier to do when you have a council that's dishing out handouts to see you through.

The Managers

The first Falkirk manager I remember was Jim Duffy, followed by Jim Jeffries, who admittedly put together a very good team, which won the league in 1991. After that, Alex Totten was an absolute weapon. The man was an absolute master at playing the victim. It seemed like a weekly occurrence that you'd put Football First on and hear him bleating about how his "good honest bunch o' lads" couldn't possibly compete in a league with such behemoths as Airdrie, Clydebank and Morton, all of whom were on their knees at the time. There was one time I even remember him complaining that they couldn't compete with us for signings because Dundee United were good enough to give us Stephen McConalogue on loan whilst paying his full wage so we could get a team on the park. Heaven forbid that someone could possibly be operating in more trying circumstances than poor Falkirk. He's a friend of my brother's father in law, who told me a few years ago about his health struggles. It was a bit of a job for me to hide my indifference.

After that, there was Ian McCall, who was tapped up by Dundee United, much to their fury. Sound familiar?

Scottish born Republic of Ireland international Owen Coyle and John "Yogi" Hughes were next. No prizes for guessing what I don't like about Coyle, but Hughes was a wank. A chest puncher who shouted about "standards" at his club when in actual fact, he ran about with his tadger out on TV in his playing days. Get that hard drive searched, he's definitely OFTW.

Pressley was the prick's prick, if he was chocolate he'd eat himself. I doubt I need to go into too much detail about any reasons for disliking him. Most will feel the same.

Houston never bothered me too much, but he is a beetroot faced wall-puncher whose time here hasn't endeared him to me.

Hartley I didn't mind until his outburst about the 10-2 game. Taking over at Them just cemented my disdain for him.

Then Raymond. Rat.

The Fans

What a shower. My two particular favourites on P&B are roman_bairn and Gaz FFC, but they're not alone. Pair of bell ends. Like others, the Marino Keith game was significant in forming my opinion of them. The atmosphere was poisonous that day. Brockville was never the most welcoming either, although much more enjoyable than their current bus shelter. I particularly remember the last ever visit there, a 3-1 midweek win when we were in the enclosure at the front of the stand and being spat on by the locals was we celebrated.

Nowadays they're not the most endearing either of course. I had the misfortune of sharing the train to and from the 1-0 win in October, and whilst they were no worse than myself and my mates have been, but I'm prepared to be a hypocrite on this one. They were bastards.

All week I've thought about how miserable Saturday's win would've made that fat, specky, Peppa Pig lookalike moron with the lilac Stone Island jacket that was goading everyone in the Norseman before the 1-1 game. It's given me a warm glow inside, get it up him.

The Taboo Subject

It's been alluded to elsewhere on the thread, but I'm not prepared to give my opinion on Falkirk's role in The Taboo Subject on a public forum. Those who are friendly with me will know.

There's probably more, but that'll do for now.

Post of the year, would recommend.
MORTON - NEWCASTLE

Good thread this, would recommend. Their fans on Pie & Bovril really are horrific. Hibs were bad when they were about but even they absolutely ripped the pish out of that collection of morons.

There’s one, Grangemouth Bairn, that for years now I’ve honestly thought hasn’t been playing with a full deck of cards. The lights are on, but there is absolutely nobody home.

I hope they go down and I hope they go bust.