The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread - Page 125 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread

TRVMP

Hawke spoke about Dykes last night at the Q and A saying that he is the kind of player we will be targeting 🙈

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hawke spoke about Dykes last night at the Q and A saying that he is the kind of player we will be targeting 🙈

Iron Man out.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

See, if we’re going to go down the signing absolute jobbers route again then we’d be better off reappointing Moore. He was willing to think outside of the box to find transfer targets within a joke budget, generally played to win matches, didn’t get turfed out of the cup by pub teams and even delivered a famous swording of Celtic on their own midden. Kenny Shiels’ suicidal brand of passing and attacking football would also be a fitting return to our banter years effort as well.

Trying to tread water is a tough sell already but it’s the guaranteed lack of entertainment and ambition to win under this gutless shitebag of a manager that will lead to total apathy.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Securing the highest league finish the club has had in a generation is a strange definition of ‘complete failure’. And our incumbent manager will be redefining that term all over again if given the time to do so.

I have nothing against targeting young players who have come through other youth systems and are in search of first team football. In fact I think that's the only future we can reliably find decent players at. But I do have a problem when the "scouting" involves Dykes apparently phoning up the club and asking for a game, like this is a SAFA league. If we're doing this, we need reliable contacts and wide-ranging scouting.

EOho8Pw.png

Securing the highest league position with a huge budget and top-drawer squad. No prizes for finishing second. We should have won that league.

Our squad clearly wasn’t that top drawer given that we were actually relying on Archie fucking Campbell as our chief goal threat for weeks on end and Scott Taggart to play like Gianluca Zambrotta all season long. And if we’re grading underachievement on huge budgets then Jim McInally sets the benchmark for ‘complete failure’ far higher than anyone else, slithering out of a pub league at the third time of asking or not. We are largely where we are right now because he wasted £1 million and stalled all of the club’s momentum to pull off his annual bottle-smashing routine.

Moore’s time was up even before the Celtic game but he’s still comfortably twice the manager of the absolute fucking loser we’ve got right now and better than plenty of those that we’ve had over the last twenty years.

• 4 weeks later...

Not a chance we'll get 1500 punters to invest. For that reason a tiered investment option should be available for those who can and wish to invest more, plugging the shortfall in numbers that there'll inevitably be.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Archived