Morton vs Ross County - Page 13 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton vs Ross County

Jamie_M

We weren't lucky. We sat in an stopped them creating any real chances. Calling it kick and rush, etc shows more of a limited knowledge of football than anything.

There's a big difference between calling tactics laughable and not enjoying the style.

The difference being the 6th pint probably. However, its amazing how everyone was giving the tactics pelters prior to us scoring, and now it's a managerial masterstroke.

I want a pretentious signature too.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The difference being the 6th pint probably. However, its amazing how everyone was giving the tactics pelters prior to us scoring, and now it's a managerial masterstroke.

Yep, agreed. The first half just wasn't good, as proven by the difference after half time. The idea that the first half was some sort of Simeone-Mourinho hybrid masterclass stretches any kind of credulity, it was just downright bad.

The second half was much better and driven by Millar and Tidser, which wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for the forced change. If the team improves then the manager deserves some credit, but the idea that last night was straight from the tactics board is extremely dubious especially when you look at the starting eleven which didn't contain our most decisive player.

AWMSC

To be honest, there seems to be a bit of an underlying dislike for the manager just now and people look for excuses to moan. It wasn't pretty and we panicked on the ball at the back a bit but it wasn't that bad. The shape and work rate were there and the quality and pressing in better areas came in the second half.

I dont think hes the man for the job but I actually defended him after the ICT game because on that occasion i thought he had set us up properly. Delighted with the result last night, but im not convinced it was part of a masterplan. He didnt even have Tidser on the pitch for fuck sake.

I want a pretentious signature too.

It definitely looked like they were playing to an instruction to hold their shape and not let them in behind. The lack of pressing the ball is frustrating to supporters, but if we’d been tearing about closing the ball down and leaving big gaps they’d have probably turned us over.

Defensively it’s much much improved from the debacle at Dunfermline.

There is something about JJ which I find interesting, despite the team not being great and with several people calling for him to be punted without even having managed for Half a season - we seem to be doing well in the league - FFS were fourth and in with a decent chance of making the play-offs, that's a very good position to be at this stage of the season.

I think that he should be given the chance to build his own team - sign a few, move a few on etc. And see how we look at the end of the season.

*insert signature here*

There is something about JJ which I find interesting, despite the team not being great and with several people calling for him to be punted without even having managed for Half a season - we seem to be doing well in the league - FFS were fourth and in with a decent chance of making the play-offs, that's a very good position to be at this stage of the season.

I think that he should be given the chance to build his own team - sign a few, move a few on etc. And see how we look at the end of the season.

Hard to disagree with any of that. We do need a couple of key signings however.

Not even a rumour of a signing either. 4th place or not, we need a striker pronto.

I've yet to see a 'rumour' score a goal, never mind win a league title.

Just because the kitman may not be privvy to all of this managers dealings, that doesn't mean that he isn't looking to address certain weaknesses on the pitch.

*insert signature here*

My killie supporting mate

Get in the fucking sea.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Offfft. That's an incredible minter from him.

Why are footballers so dense?

Don’t know if I’d say he’s dense, if anything it might make sure he gets the move this month instead of waiting till the summer.

I dont think hes the man for the job but I actually defended him after the ICT game because on that occasion i thought he had set us up properly. Delighted with the result last night, but im not convinced it was part of a masterplan. He didnt even have Tidser on the pitch for **** sake.

Tidser is a good player but he’s hardly undroppable. Our starting midfield three was McAlister, Millar and Telfer - that’s a perfectly fine central midfield, particularly given that all of them just contributed to our victory over Partick last week.

It was a perfectly straightforward selection tbh.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I thought it was pretty dire at times, first half especially, and a real poor game of football at that.

I didn’t think Ross County were anything special I. All honesty and if, big IF, JJ can sign three quality players in the window then no reason why we shouldn’t be pushing teams.

Striker is required, we don’t have anything out wide and he could be doing with tightening the defence.

If he were to move on Bell, Thomson, Tiffoney and with additional resource from the board, he could bring in the faces required to make us more difficult to beat and more of a threat going forward.

I thought it was pretty dire at times, first half especially, and a real poor game of football at that.

I didn’t think Ross County were anything special I. All honesty and if, big IF, JJ can sign three quality players in the window then no reason why we shouldn’t be pushing teams.

Striker is required, we don’t have anything out wide and he could be doing with tightening the defence.

If he were to move on Bell, Thomson, Tiffoney and with additional resource from the board, he could bring in the faces required to make us more difficult to beat and more of a threat going forward.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but given the recent run of form he is on* I would try and keep Tiffoney. He took his goals against Inverness and Partick very well and offers us pace and width in a midfield that lacks it. 

*Is it a coincidence that he has pulled his finger out and started looking like an actual footballer since he knows his loan deal is coming to an end? 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Archived