Sfl Clubs To Vote On Newco, 12 July - Will We - Page 2 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Sfl Clubs To Vote On Newco, 12 July - Will We

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Current position as of today: 8 clubs have so far stated NO to a Division 1 Vote -

MORTON

RAITH ROVERS

FALKIRK

EAST FIFE

STRANRAER

STIRLING ALBION

CLYDE

PETERHEAD

Plus One abstention, AIRDRIE, as they would be promoted to our league if 'The Rangers' are denied entry to the SPL or Division 1.

Seems a simple majority will carry any motion a week on Thursday, so another SEVEN teams - for a minimum 15-14 decision - need to nail their colours to the mast of our viewpoint between now and then for a Division 3 outcome of this whole sorry mess...........

Simple majority, are you sure ???

then in 4 league games in 2 seasons time if they are fortunate enough to win back to back promotions.

Life certainly wont be easy for them in the third and even more difficult in the second imo, they may well have the money, sorry some decent players but they will have to go and play decent football at some real dumps with poor playing surfaces, good stuff imo.

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

All,

I have been reading all the anti-rangers stuff, can we assume that if it were Celtic they would get the same abuse?

I believe Rangers should start in the 3rd but do not believe they should be taking the xtra stick they are receiving considering 1 man has effectively ruined a club with 100+ years tradition, I would say the same if it were Celtic.

It gets on my nerves when old firm fans think they are better than everyone else but I feel everyone is taking this way to far.

I reckon Rangers will be a force again in 5+ years and they will not forget who was kicking them when they were down.

Whose to say that in the future any team who seem anti-rangers now may have a boycot of Rangers fans when they are drawn in a cup tie, which is a big bonus for small clubs.

Be careful Morton Fans , we want justice but some want to twist the knife which is not nice and a bit below the belt.

Brian.

This meeting on the 12th may never take place.

Look out for the result of the SPL vote tomorrow... ;)

Another unoriginal thought delivered too late I see

I sure hope Danny is right and there is no chance of this happening. Nothing would surprise me at this stage though

According to Jim Traynor on Sportsound, 11 SPL clubs are meeting tonight for an emergency meeting.

All,

I have been reading all the anti-rangers stuff, can we assume that if it were Celtic they would get the same abuse?

I believe Rangers should start in the 3rd but do not believe they should be taking the xtra stick they are receiving considering 1 man has effectively ruined a club with 100+ years tradition, I would say the same if it were Celtic.

It gets on my nerves when old firm fans think they are better than everyone else but I feel everyone is taking this way to far.

I reckon Rangers will be a force again in 5+ years and they will not forget who was kicking them when they were down.

Whose to say that in the future any team who seem anti-rangers now may have a boycot of Rangers fans when they are drawn in a cup tie, which is a big bonus for small clubs.

Be careful Morton Fans , we want justice but some want to twist the knife which is not nice and a bit below the belt.

Brian.

I would be exactly the same with any club, i dont really see any great levels of abuse. All i want is for the right thing to happen, as traynor said the rules should have changed years ago after livi, dee and gretna, then we would not be having these discussions and be in this situation where the buck is being passd and teams are being bullied and intimidated for tne sake of a brand new club.

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

The SFA wanted Rangers in the first because as a condition Sevco would have to accept their sanctions. If they are readmitted to the SPL I think the SFA will have no choice but to see through the appeal and force a suspension from the game for 1 year leaving the SPL with 11 teams.

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

The SFA wanted Rangers in the first because as a condition Sevco would have to accept their sanctions. If they are readmitted to the SPL I think the SFA will have no choice but to see through the appeal and force a suspension from the game for 1 year leaving the SPL with 11 teams.

Suspension would be the end for sevco imo

All,

Brian.

Hi Brian,

Couple of points.

It was not "one man" that ruined the club. It has alledgedly been years and years of systematic and deliberate cheating with more than one person complicit.

Also we cannot use fear of their fans to cloud our judgment. Besides, most gers fans want to start again in div 3 according to most reports.

All,

Brian.

I don't see any knife being twisted. The main problem is if you let the newco into division one, what happens the next time a SPL club go into administration and fold. Do they automatically reform and go into SFL1. That's an easy way out for clubs and if you allow it to happen once why should it not happen again. The next club it happens to might genuinely go into administration and fold without cheating the whole of Scottish football. Should they be punished more than a club who did?

Current 'Nos' are actually:

Morton

Dunfermline

Falkirk

Raith

East Fife

Stirling Albion

Stranraer

Peterhead

Annan

Clyde

VT, We have the same list of 10 for the 3rd Division vote, 'cept I have Hamilton and you have Dunfermline... Just checked, and Hamilton Chief Les Gray was widely quoted in the weekend papers as saying "My view is clubs in the First Division would never vote for Rangers to be admitted - for reasons of football integrity, they should apply for the Third." So, that's a definite Yes!

I thought that Partick & D.A. were waiting for fan feedback before deciding - and, if so, it's pretty certain which way that will go: same as the rest of us! - but maybe I've missed something more definite from Mr.Yorkston amongst the deluge of 'guff' - as Oor Dougie put it so eloquently the other day - that we've been drowning in lately? If so, then that's ELEVEN "No", with just FOUR more now required from the 18 teams still to show their hand..........

European Fairs Cup [aka Inter City Cup / UEFA Cup / Europa League], 30th September 1968: Morton (3) v Chelsea (4) !!!

Les Gray came out with a much more watery statement about 'needing clarification' and 'for the best interests of the entire game' yesterday. Dunfermline were one of the first to oppose the documents sent to the SFL, doing so on Friday:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/in-full-dunf...ation-1-2384623

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Another unoriginal thought delivered too late I see

I sure hope Danny is right and there is no chance of this happening. Nothing would surprise me at this stage though

According to Jim Traynor on Sportsound, 11 SPL clubs are meeting tonight for an emergency meeting.

I'm just catching up again with all this, not long back from Grangemouth.

(Peter W, you should be ashamed of yourself, worst play-acting to gain a penalty that i've ever seen in my life).

Anyway, looks like Reegan has made a plea today for the SFL clubs to reconsider, speak to their fans and convince them that we're all going to die if 'newco' aren't voted into the first division.

Turnbull Hutton, Raith chairman, is a top man, i take my hat off to you sir, still vehemently speaking out against 'newco' and talking straight - saying pressure is being put on the SFL clubs to sort out the SPL/SFAs problem.

So I sincerely hope the SFL chairmen stand firm.

Fellow Traveller - cabn you confirm voting system ?

I asked Gillian aboutSFL voting, and I know you expalined to me at the time and put a long post on somewhere but can you confirm 75/25% voting system.

However, Gillian did remark about rule changes, for which I was castigated in a few quarters for mentioning it.

There now seems to be some sort of move on to have a rule change voted on by SFL clubs, possibly for a 50/50 vote - nostradamus or what ?

I can't see ANY second or third division clubs voting yes - what would be in it for them? Furthermore I assume that their fans will take the same view as the 98% or so of people who want them to apply for admission to the SFL and start at the bottom.

If the SPL clubs change their minds at this stage they will have lost all credibility, not to mention a lot of season ticket sales whose purchasers will be demanding refunds. I can't see them backing down at this stage.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

(Peter W, you should be ashamed of yourself, worst play-acting to gain a penalty that i've ever seen in my life).

Anyway, looks like Reegan has made a plea today for the SFL clubs to reconsider, speak to their fans and convince them that we're all going to die if 'newco' aren't voted into the first division.

Turnbull Hutton, Raith chairman, is a top man, i take my hat off to you sir, still vehemently speaking out against 'newco' and talking straight - saying pressure is being put on the SFL clubs to sort out the SPL/SFAs problem.

I asked Gillian aboutSFL voting, and I know you expalined to me at the time and put a long post on somewhere but can you confirm 75/25% voting system.

However, Gillian did remark about rule changes, for which I was castigated in a few quarters for mentioning it.

There now seems to be some sort of move on to have a rule change voted on by SFL clubs, possibly for a 50/50 vote - nostradamus or what ?

Re Turnbull Hutton, I am seriously considering making the 2 trips to Starks Park this season after his fearless stance.

Re voting system

Not even the SFL/SFA know and have called lawyers in to make sense of their own "rules"

According to Jim Spence on Sportsound tonight

Archived