And It's A No From Us! - Page 2 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

And It's A No From Us!

Had an idea which will probably never get off the ground but here goes.

It would be good if all clubs who cast a no vote towards the newco entering the 1st div could have their grounds packed out by us for one of our visits next season.

As an example, Raith issued a statement confirming they'd be voting no instead of chasing 30 pieces of sliver. It would be a superb gesture to attempt to take as large a travelling support as possible to Kirkcaldy for one of our games through there. Buy a programme, pie, the lot to show a bit of unity and appreciation for clubs listening to the supporters for a change.

Hopefully the idea would catch on and supporters of opposition sides would return the favour.

"packing the ground out" is obviously a bit of an exaggeration but even 800-1000 would make a huge difference.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Had an idea which will probably never get off the ground but here goes.

It would be good if all clubs who cast a no vote towards the newco entering the 1st div could have their grounds packed out by us for one of our visits next season.

As an example, Raith issued a statement confirming they'd be voting no instead of chasing 30 pieces of sliver. It would be a superb gesture to attempt to take as large a travelling support as possible to Kirkcaldy for one of our games through there. Buy a programme, pie, the lot to show a bit of unity and appreciation for clubs listening to the supporters for a change.

Hopefully the idea would catch on and supporters of opposition sides would return the favour.

"packing the ground out" is obviously a bit of an exaggeration but even 800-1000 would make a huge difference.

Good idea in theory.

Would it work in return though? Raith fans hate cappielow.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Good idea in theory.

I don't particularly like Fife so it's swings and roundabouts. Plus, if they're bringing a large support they won't have to worry about legroom. ^_^

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Regarding reconstruction, it's a yes from me. However not for the coming season - a reasonable perio of notice is needed. If it's for the 13-14 season then fine, and that means Rangers would still be in the lower tier for a second year.

Maybe should have a rule preventing promotion for teams for the first 5 years of their existence too...

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

I believe they need 23 out of 30 (or 29 if someone goes up to the SPL) in favour to get into the 1st, so 8 required to oppose.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Good idea in theory.

I am friends with several Raith fans and they have always said to me its not Cappielow they hate its the main stand.

pathetic,what a shower if suicidal self distructive numbskulls :angry:

ENGLISH MOTHER****ER. DO YOU SPEAK IT?

Seriously, what does that mean? Are you not happy that sporting integrity's being upheld and the fans (for once) are having their say in how the game's run? :unsure:

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

If DDR can effectivly turn away a large sum of money for the running of the club, then he cant be expected fans to dig deep into their own pockets everytime it comes to fundraising.I for one whom have donated large amounts over the years,and i am ready to make a stance on doing absolutly SFA in the future. I will also have a think about why i should continue supporting any kind of football across the board,scotland included.

you lot have your views and actions , well this is MINE :angry:

eat drink and be merry for tommorrow you may be radioiactive

So far Falkirk, Raith, Peterhead and ourselves have spoken up officially to say that they wouldn't vote to allow Rangers into the First Division, so really only another 4 from the remaining 26 clubs would have to say no for it to be official.

You'd imagine Livi would vote no, given how they were punished a few seasons back, so really only another 3 clubs needed.

If DDR can effectivly turn away a large sum of money for the running of the club, then he cant be expected fans to dig deep into their own pockets everytime it comes to fundraising.I for one whom have donated large amounts over the years,and i am ready to make a stance on doing absolutly SFA in the future. I will also have a think about why i should continue supporting any kind of football across the board,scotland included.

**** up and **** off.

Dougie hates the ****.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

No disrespect Charles - but I think you are in a group of one in this respect.

I know you really like Morton - why not go the full hog now and support them completely?

If things don't change, they'll stay the way they are.

Archived