Important! - Page 2 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Important!

Don't know if I will make the meeting , although i have forwarded my intentions to the Chairman , no reply but thats fine but if this situation ends with a restructuring to allow Sevco 5088 a place in any other division than the 3rd then I will walk away. What would be the point of having any rules if we will just ignore them when someone waves a few quid under the noses of the diddy clubs.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nick I would concur with the general sentiment already expressed on this board. I would also suggest that you should not accept anonymous contributions. If people have a point to make they should have the balls to make it and after all this is the commercial enterprise of Morton FC we're talking about not the East German Stasi or the NUM. I also think it will give more credence to your submission to the club.

Anonymous contributions shouldn't be accepted, not just for the valid reasons from RT but also to protect the process from abuse.

You want to be sure that all contributors are genuine Morton fans.

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

If DDF or Crawford Rae attend the meeting on Thursday, I think that the first thing that must be established, if there is going to be a vote on 'newco' entry to the SFL, is who exactly are 'newco'.

Also, do 'newco' meet all the criteria for entry.

And, if a vote is to be taken by SFL clubs re 'newcos' entry, how exactly does that work, will it be one vote or a number of votes on different issues, to establish a 'newco' entry.

or does anyone even know yet !?

If DDF or Crawford Rae attend the meeting on Thursday, I think that the first thing that must be established, if there is going to be a vote on 'newco' entry to the SFL, is who exactly are 'newco'.

And, if a vote is to be taken by SFL clubs re 'newcos' entry, how exactly does that work, will it be one vote or a number of votes on different issues, to establish a 'newco' entry.

I believe it's Gillian who will be attending.

Raith and Falkirk oppose Rangers newco First Division move

However, it is the idea of Rangers taking a place in the First Division rather than the Third Division which is likely to provoke most debate.

If the board accept the proposals then a vote of all clubs would be required.

An emergency general meeting could be called with five days' notice, and a vote to allow a newco entry would require a 75% majority, or 22 clubs out of 29, to succeed.

I can see that any intention to parachute Rangers into Div1 would need agreement of the SFL and constituent clubs.

Does the same apply if SPL decide to dock Rangers 70 points retrospectively so that they are relegated instead of Dunfermline?

Irrelevant.

Rangers are in liquidation. Dock them all the points they want - they really no longer exist.

Sevco 5088 are currently looking for a league to play in.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Danny, can't be absolutely sure about this, but, current SFL rules require new entrants to start in the lowest division unless they are relegated from SPL (like Dunfermline this year). Last couple of times clubs went out of business, Airdrieonians and Gretna, when a vacancy arose clubs were invited to apply for entry. Part of that process required each applicant to provide a document to the SFL stating how they met the criteria and why they should be elected.

Voting then took place by the 29 clubs to elect a new member (until one team got a majority of votes).

To change the rules to allow a new entrant into Div 1 would require approval of 75% of members at an EGM ie 22 votes out of 29. I assume before anyone put this forward they would check that the new entrant being proposed met the criteria.

Personally I cant see 75% of SFL clubs voting for the Div 1 thing. Only takes 8 votes to bring it down and 2 of them are already in the bag.

.................................................FT

Danny, can't be absolutely sure about this, but, current SFL rules require new entrants to start in the lowest division unless they are relegated from SPL (like Dunfermline this year). Last couple of times clubs went out of business, Airdrieonians and Gretna, when a vacancy arose clubs were invited to apply for entry. Part of that process required each applicant to provide a document to the SFL stating how they met the criteria and why they should be elected.

Voting then took place by the 29 clubs to elect a new member (until one team got a majority of votes).

To change the rules to allow a new entrant into Div 1 would require approval of 75% of members at an EGM ie 22 votes out of 29. I assume before anyone put this forward they would check that the new entrant being proposed met the criteria.

Personally I cant see 75% of SFL clubs voting for the Div 1 thing. Only takes 8 votes to bring it down and 2 of them are already in the bag.

.................................................FT

Spot on Jim. The current SFL criteria for new entrants also states that applicant Clubs must have 3 years of audited accounts. How does Sevco 5088 manage that then? Spartans for me!

Cheers Jim appreciated

A lot of the voting structure has been speculation, so thanks for the post.

Does 'newco' require SFA membership in the first instance ?

Is there a time scale for calling an EGM or subsequent EGM ?

But the big question is - will DDF listen to the fans ?

Spot on Jim. The current SFL criteria for new entrants also states that applicant Clubs must have 3 years of audited accounts. How does Sevco 5088 manage that then? Spartans for me!

Well, that's one question for Gillian for starters.

Raith and Falkirk oppose Rangers newco First Division move

However, it is the idea of Rangers taking a place in the First Division rather than the Third Division which is likely to provoke most debate.

If the board accept the proposals then a vote of all clubs would be required.

An emergency general meeting could be called with five days' notice, and a vote to allow a newco entry would require a 75% majority, or 22 clubs out of 29, to succeed.

I would think that Airdrie United and possibly Stranraer will abstain from voting given that they stand to benefit from The Rangers being placed in the Third Division rather than the First (If elected into the SFL in the first place of course :rolleyes: ).

Ballantyne abstained on voting on Livingston's relegation 3 years ago because his club stood to benefit.

Cheers Jim appreciated

A lot of the voting structure has been speculation, so thanks for the post.

Does 'newco' require SFA membership in the first instance ?

Is there a time scale for calling an EGM or subsequent EGM ?

But the big question is - will DDF listen to the fans ?

Interesting first question. I am sure I read somewhere recently that a team could not join the SFA until they had a league to play in.

So we could have ludicrous situation of either SPL or SFL accepting a newco team in and then the SFA denying them membership or alternatively accepting them on condition they accept the punishment on the oldco and suspending them for 6 months or a year or more.

Another example of the madness of having 3 ruling bodies in this country.

I think the notice period required for a SFL EGM is 5 days.

.............................FT

I would think that Airdrie United and possibly Stranraer will abstain from voting given that they stand to benefit from The Rangers being placed in the Third Division rather than the First (If elected into the SFL in the first place of course :rolleyes: ).

Ballantyne abstained on voting on Livingston's relegation 3 years ago because his club stood to benefit.

I dont think any team has ever been elected into the SFL and then had a decision made on what division they play in.

Either - 1. The rules are changed and newco are voted straight into Div 1.

Or - 2. The rules are not changed. A vacancy arises. Anybody can apply. A new entrant is elected and plays in lowest division.

........................................FT

If any new club was admitted to SFL3 and then immediately moved up 2 divisions, that means that 2 clubs need to be relegated. I can't see those 2 clubs, who would probably be Airdrie and Stranraer, being terribly happy about that, and I don't think any SFL2 or SFL3 club would vote to allow New Rangers to play through in golfing parlance.

The 3 years audited accounts thing seems to preclude entry anyway. Looks like the Blue Square league for them then.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Archived