Important! - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Important!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In view of the limited space at the Darroch, can anyone intending to go, please e-mail us at either

nickrobinson@gmst.org.uk

or

ryandeegan@gmst.ork.uk

can a mod please pin this thread

Nick, unfortunately I can not attend this meeting but as a supporter who regularly attends Morton games and a supporter of over 30 years i would like to offer some input on the night. I will make up a document and email it to you in the next day or so. I expect my views will be similar to most peoples but another voice, i'm sure, won't be of any harm.

If you have a problem with me, text me. If you dont have my number then you don't know me well enough to have a problem with me.

Nick,

I am in the same boat as Weegie. I assume there is some scope for supporters that cannot make it to send a brief summation of their thoughts on the matter and these could be read out at the meeting. This will ensure that as broad a section of the Morton support as possible has a say.

Mon the Ton

same as

my statment

Dear Mr Rae,

I understand that you will be getting vast amounts of correspondents on this issue and appreciate your time

I have been supporting Greenock Morton for as far back as I can remember. Growing up my father took me to my first game on a cold wet Tuesday night in to see us go out of the Scotish cup on penalties to eventual winners Motherwell. I remember this being an exciting thing for me and had a lot of fun (despite the result). After this I began pestering my father to take me more often which he did we travelled the country with our team. And witnessed grate times (1994 team, the Peterhead Game and appearing on the video in a big hat and kilt) and low times (relegation and the years under your predecessor who I still refuse to name)

I believe this is the same for most fans; we are a family team and always have been. I looked forward to the day where I could bring my child along to cappielow to share in what I experienced, good and bad.

However I Feel Concerned over the interview with you that appeared in The Herald and Evening Times newspapers last Tuesday about inviting the “newco” The Rangers into the first division

I am deeply concerned that the cub may be willing to put a short term gain before sporting integrity respect and fair play, values that the club have held dear for its 138 year history. And values I wise to pass on to my child.

We are a club that thousands love and are passionate about, but I fell this is in jeopardy with many fans voting with their feet if entry in to the 1st division is allowed.

The only option open to the ranges is to reapply to the Scotish football league along with any other team that wishes to apply and that there bid is looked at on a level playing field with all overs ( if any)

it will hurt many to have to make the choice not to return if fair play is not in place . But unfortunately it will be your decisions that make them choose and it wills saddened many that your legacy would be tainted with this situation and what comes from it especially after saving the club.

I look to you to do the right thing for the club its fans and Scottish football.

Regards

I am dyslexic and I am getting tired of your shirt

Email address doesn't work mate, can you stick me down for a space?

Paddy Sheekey

Run Silent, Run Deep...

"Men who go to sea in Submarines are nothing but pirates in His Majesties uniform" Admiral of the Fleet Lord Jellicoe

Bit strange for a meeting of football supporters to be held in direct competition with a European Championship Semi Final.

Unfortunately I'm working that night so won't be able to attend unless I can get a shift swapped. Disappointing as I was interested to hear the views of the Trust board on the issue.

Bit strange for a meeting of football supporters to be held in direct competition with a European Championship Semi Final.

Unfortunately I'm working that night so won't be able to attend unless I can get a shift swapped. Disappointing as I was interested to hear the views of the Trust board on the issue.

I'm pretty sure that the results of the meeting will be posted on here mate, as soon as they can after the meeting.

If you have a problem with me, text me. If you dont have my number then you don't know me well enough to have a problem with me.

The trust board meets the last Thursday of the month and the Euros did not factor in our thinking when that was set up. We avoided Tuesdays and Wednesdays as Morton might have a midweek game and nobody wants to do Mondays or Fridays.

The trust board meets the last Thursday of the month and the Euros did not factor in our thinking when that was set up. We avoided Tuesdays and Wednesdays as Morton might have a midweek game and nobody wants to do Mondays or Fridays.

Merely an observation Nick, merely an observation.

Nick I would concur with the general sentiment already expressed on this board. I would also suggest that you should not accept anonymous contributions. If people have a point to make they should have the balls to make it and after all this is the commercial enterprise of Morton FC we're talking about not the East German Stasi or the NUM. I also think it will give more credence to your submission to the club.

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

I'd say the semi-final is pretty unimportant compared to the 'newco' issue

Also, did Sean not talk a few years back about having one of the Trusts AGMs videod so people could tune in ?

I know it's a bit late in the day, but is that a possibility ?

Nick I would concur with the general sentiment already expressed on this board. I would also suggest that you should not accept anonymous contributions. If people have a point to make they should have the balls to make it and after all this is the commercial enterprise of Morton FC we're talking about not the East German Stasi or the NUM. I also think it will give more credence to your submission to the club.

I would agree on this mate. any suggestions/points of view that I make will be signed with my name (not weegieton). I'm not afraid to air my views and let my name be used.

Archived