Spfl - Page 2 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Spfl

Is that not what we are all saying?

Who is the all that you refer to? I agree with very little that you ever say. In this instance, I don't agree with you at all.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not sure. What are you saying, what would be your preferred outcome, your idea of fair treatment for 'New Rangers'?

From a personal perspective, I believe that any new applicant to join the SFL should be treated the same way and that means applying to join at the lowest level, i.e. the third division. I would be prepared to waive the need for three years accounts for any new company coming out of a previously established league club but in the absence of such accounts, or if the accounts look dodgy, require a bond - Livi were asked for £750k - guaranteeing that they can fulfil their fixtures. That would apply to any new applicant and Rangers should be no different.

In respect of Rangers, I would also require that the Newco carries any football punishments that would otherwise have been meted out to the old Rangers. In that respect, they would be liable to for the fines already imposed and the outcome of the SFA appellate tribunal. If there was an agreement to accept the player registration embargo in lieu of a suspension from the tribunal, I would go for that.

I would not make them pay the "football" debt as in my opinion, that gives an unfair preference to football clubs over the ordinary creditors generally. Why should Dundee United get preferred treatment over the cleaning firm or the catering suppliers? What I would do is give clubs the right to take back players sold to Rangers and not paid for insofar as those players are still on the books of Newco.

Thats broadly my preferred outcome for Rangers but I would also like for Scottish football

• Two up two down or at least a play off spot to the SPL
  • Bigger leagues
  • One body running all the leagues with a new leadership and a fair voting structure
  • A fairer distribution of money
  • Campbell Ogilvie sacked
  • Neil Doncaster sacked
  • The end to the old firm cartel running Scottish football at their pleasure

Can I get my preferred treatment of Rangers and the above list? Doubt it although with them out of the SPL, some of the wish list may be a better possibility.

Guest David Edwards
From a personal perspective, I believe that any new applicant to join the SFL should be treated the same way and that means applying to join at the lowest level, i.e. the third division. I would be prepared to waive the need for three years accounts for any new company coming out of a previously established league club but in the absence of such accounts, or if the accounts look dodgy, require a bond - Livi were asked for £750k - guaranteeing that they can fulfil their fixtures. That would apply to any new applicant and Rangers should be no different.

In respect of Rangers, I would also require that the Newco carries any football punishments that would otherwise have been meted out to the old Rangers. In that respect, they would be liable to for the fines already imposed and the outcome of the SFA appellate tribunal. If there was an agreement to accept the player registration embargo in lieu of a suspension from the tribunal, I would go for that.

I would not make them pay the "football" debt as in my opinion, that gives an unfair preference to football clubs over the ordinary creditors generally. Why should Dundee United get preferred treatment over the cleaning firm or the catering suppliers? What I would do is give clubs the right to take back players sold to Rangers and not paid for insofar as those players are still on the books of Newco.

Thats broadly my preferred outcome for Rangers but I would also like for Scottish football

• Two up two down or at least a play off spot to the SPL
  • Bigger leagues
  • One body running all the leagues with a new leadership and a fair voting structure
  • A fairer distribution of money
  • Campbell Ogilvie sacked
  • Neil Doncaster sacked
  • The end to the old firm cartel running Scottish football at their pleasure
Can I get my preferred treatment of Rangers and the above list? Doubt it although with them out of the SPL, some of the wish list may be a better possibility.

I doubt it as well, but if enough like minded fans make their voices heard, there just might be an outside chance. Thanks however, for expressing your 'pie in the sky' wishes and making your position clear. Go tell Dougie. :D

Knew this was a done deal. Shambles

THEY SHOULD APPLY LIKE ANY OTHER CLUB TO GAIN ENTRY INTO THE SFL NOT STRAIGHT INTO THE FIRST WHERE RELEGATION IS THE ONLY THING THAT WILL BE FOUGHT OVER.

NO TO NEWCO IN FIRST DIVISION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I doubt it as well, but if enough like minded fans make their voices heard, there just might be an outside chance. Thanks however, for expressing your 'pie in the sky' wishes and making your position clear. Go tell Dougie. :D

What makes you think I have not done so already?

Knew this was a done deal. Shambles

THEY SHOULD APPLY LIKE ANY OTHER CLUB TO GAIN ENTRY INTO THE SFL NOT STRAIGHT INTO THE FIRST WHERE RELEGATION IS THE ONLY THING THAT WILL BE FOUGHT OVER.

NO TO NEWCO IN FIRST DIVISION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not a done deal.

The future just ain't what it used to be

The only benifit to rangers is staying in the top div, perhaps allowing them to hold onto their squad. And who doesn't want them, DDR hasn't said that I haven't said that, so I suppose u r the spokesman for all the other fans now, what amazes me is the blinkered views of all the fans out with the old firm whom blame them for everything that is s*** about their club. These same morons also have more interest in the going ons at OF clubs than they have at their own. Send e - mails with threats to club owners is a bit extreme and immature if u ask me, Morton as many other clubs are not directly affected by actions taked against a new club rangers if anything one team will directly be better off when they replace them in the top tier. How many times do you want to punish the club concerned . So if anything the relegation of "the rangers" has no affect on the three bottom div except perhaps in morals but hey we are in a money driven age .

GET OVER IT

Regardless of what div ." the rangers" are in next season I'll be buying my season ticket will you, oh and I won't be E- mailing DDR to tell him

Well if Morton do go up next season it WILL be as champions, history tells you that.

Well at least you've admitted that it's a different club.

The implications for Morton allowing a new club directly into the 1st division couild be catastrophic.

Mr Rae should have a real good hard think to himself over this one.

I have a question

Speaking to Gers fans at work and they seem to believe that Celtic did the same thing as Rangers fairly recently (i.e formed a newco), without any punishment.

It is hard to get any info on this without finding myself in a mire of sectarian bile

can anyone on here shed any light on whether this is indeed the case?

I have a question

Speaking to Gers fans at work and they seem to believe that Celtic did the same thing as Rangers fairly recently (i.e formed a newco), without any punishment.

It is hard to get any info on this without finding myself in a mire of sectarian bile

It didn't, it's just rangers fans playing the "but they did it first mister" card.

The future just ain't what it used to be

I have a question

Celtic did not create a Phoenix club, they were floated on the stock exchange so Celtic football and Athletic Club became Celtic PLC or something like that. Celtic were never in administration never mind liquidated.

If you buy a Morton ST for this coming season, it'll be your first! I think we all know where your real loyalties lie. :lol:

Sorry Arshwipe my season ticket tally over the years for Cappielow os into double figures not including the 4 I purchased each season for the four barns whom I also took along for a number of these yrs

So to u and ur fellow arshwipes whom constantly doubt my loyalty

GET IT RIGHT UP YEAS

eat drink and be merry for tommorrow you may be radioiactive

Wouldn't fancy being an official at games featuring 'The Rangers' next season if they are in the First Division. Knowing that you are working under circumstances where the people that run the game in Scotland are desperate for 'The Rangers' to win the league before a ball is kicked.

Will take a brave referee to give 50/50 decisions against them. <_>

Third Division is the only place a new club should be going to... Scottish football a joke a usual.

It didn't, it's just rangers fans playing the "but they did it first mister" card.

Well it makes a change from them spouting "pedo" at everyone who has some tenuous (imaginary or not) link with Celtic FC

I see Dumbarton and (Donald Findlay's) Cowdenbeath have both said they would welcome Sevco 5088 in SPL1 next season

too many "rangers men" at these clubs I fear

They don't owe that money. They were liquidated and the newco owe nothing.

Either they, as a new company, do not owe money and can start afresh as a new club and apply to SFL 3, or, as a representation as the old company they can take their 'demotion' to SFL 1 and pay back every penny. They can't have their cake and ****ing eat it.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Either they, as a new company, do not owe money and can start afresh as a new club and apply to SFL 3, or, as a representation as the old company they can take their 'demotion' to SFL 1 and pay back every penny. They can't have their cake and ****ing eat it.

That is however what is being advocated.

Why can't Sevco 5088 join the third if they adhere to the criteria of entry get their SKy deal to show their away games where each division would benefit as they progressed through the divisions.

Changes could be implemented to the Leagues within that time no one loses any integrity even them.

For the chairman of any club to vote for any other scenario brings the game into disrepute and should be charged accordingly.

Wouldn't fancy being an official at games featuring 'The Rangers' next season if they are in the First Division. Knowing that you are working under circumstances where the people that run the game in Scotland are desperate for 'The Rangers' to win the league before a ball is kicked.

Will take a brave referee to give 50/50 decisions against them. <_>

Third Division is the only place a new club should be going to... Scottish football a joke a usual.

May as well not bother and just award them 3-0 victories and let them fly the league flag so their supporters have some sort of trinket.

Guest David Edwards
That is however what is being advocated.

Why can't Sevco 5088 join the third if they adhere to the criteria of entry get their SKy deal to show their away games where each division would benefit as they progressed through the divisions.Changes could be implemented to the Leagues within that time no one loses any integrity even them.

For the chairman of any club to vote for any other scenario brings the game into disrepute and should be charged accordingly.

Not much of an audience (and therefore not much profit) I would've thought for Sky or any other company broadcasting Rangers 'winning' their way through the leagues. Even Rangers fans might get bored with it.

Well it makes a change from them spouting "pedo" at everyone who has some tenuous (imaginary or not) link with Celtic FC

I see Dumbarton and (Donald Findlay's) Cowdenbeath have both said they would welcome Sevco 5088 in SPL1 next season

too many "rangers men" at these clubs I fear

Dumbarton think it's OK to hire out their stadium on a Saturday afternoon during the football season and then expect other teams to accept this, so it's no surprise they are all for it.

As for Cowdenbeath, I'm just surprised the smoke signals have reached them so quickly.

AWMSC

Celtic did not create a Phoenix club, they were floated on the stock exchange so Celtic football and Athletic Club became Celtic PLC or something like that. Celtic were never in administration never mind liquidated.

When the bonnet came in to rescue them that was the big fear of losing 'their History' if an investor wasn't found.

So Sevco 5088 followers are no longer the people they are "We Were The People" they can be We are the New People

etc but when the toxic Rangers are liquidated thats it they are dead.

David Murray has killed them, the records should clearly state that and the actions of this so called respected business mogul left a trail of destruction that ended a clubs 130 year history with a mountain of unpaid debt. We will have to wait and see if any criminal actions come to light.

Archived