Spfl - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Spfl

Meeting held llate last night at Hampden,ending after midnight, to set a blue print for the new proposed SPFL made up of two divisions including " The Rangers" sky will broadcast rangers away games . All old first div clubs will receive a compensation payment from sky but at this stage the amount has not been confirmed. The reintroduction of a added play of system is to be included into the league with immediate effect.I would say this could be beneficial to many clubs in the old first div. This is to have the stamp of approval on the 4 th of July and hopefully put an end to this saga and allowing Scottish football to lick its wounds and move forward.

eat drink and be merry for tommorrow you may be radioiactive

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest David Edwards
Meeting held llate last night at Hampden,ending after midnight, to set a blue print for the new proposed SPFL made up of two divisions including " The Rangers" sky will broadcast rangers away games . All old first div clubs will receive a compensation payment from sky but at this stage the amount has not been confirmed. The reintroduction of a added play of system is to be included into the league with immediate effect.I would say this could be beneficial to many clubs in the old first div. This is to have the stamp of approval on the 4 th of July and hopefully put an end to this saga and allowing Scottish football to lick its wounds and move forward.

This is so much of a stitch up I'm surprised the date won't be the 12th of July. If it goes ahead the football authorities should hang their heads in shame. 'New Rangers' shouldn't even be considered for admission to any league until they come up with a plan to pay back the estimated £93m owed to HMRC.

Looking forward to Morton getting money from the Sky deal and seeing Cappielow in glorious HD :-)

There was never any doubt this was the only outcome. The big clubs have more sway, while they will openly say no to Rangers in the SPL, it was what they did not say that was clear that Division 1 was the obvious place. Not 1 SPL chairman came out and said Division 3.

it's clearly not fair/right but that's what all big companies do these days, they say rules are for others we are "special".

Clearly the powers in the SPL/SFA could not care about the lower leagues or the fans opinions for that matterThey changed the rules for both Motherwell and Aberdeen to avoid relegation in previous years, they were always going to bend over for Rangers.

Just bounce if you hate St Mirren

I read it as a Scottish Professional Football League made up of four divisions with Newco into Division 1. Not a result with which many people will be happy. Not fair, not just and in effect just a tawdry deal made for the benefit of one club.

I hope it has been mis-reported. If Scottish football needs to be reorganised/restructured it should be done in a measured and responsible way and not in a matter of weeks with only one intended outcome.

Deal with the "Rangers" issue, get it out of the way and then move on to what should be the entirely separate matter of the restructuring of the league set up with consultation with alll clubs.

A deal put together in a few minutes for the sake of one club will come back to haunt Scottish Football for years to come.

This is so much of a stitch up I'm surprised the date won't be the 12th of July. If it goes ahead the football authorities should hang their heads in shame. 'New Rangers' shouldn't even be considered for admission to any league until they come up with a plan to pay back the estimated £93m owed to HMRC.

They don't owe that money. They were liquidated and the newco owe nothing.

NO

This is to the benefit of 'The' Rangers

They are not wanted

Why won't they just go away ?

The only benifit to rangers is staying in the top div, perhaps allowing them to hold onto their squad. And who doesn't want them, DDR hasn't said that I haven't said that, so I suppose u r the spokesman for all the other fans now, what amazes me is the blinkered views of all the fans out with the old firm whom blame them for everything that is s*** about their club. These same morons also have more interest in the going ons at OF clubs than they have at their own. Send e - mails with threats to club owners is a bit extreme and immature if u ask me, Morton as many other clubs are not directly affected by actions taked against a new club rangers if anything one team will directly be better off when they replace them in the top tier. How many times do you want to punish the club concerned . So if anything the relegation of "the rangers" has no affect on the three bottom div except perhaps in morals but hey we are in a money driven age .

GET OVER IT

Regardless of what div ." the rangers" are in next season I'll be buying my season ticket will you, oh and I won't be E- mailing DDR to tell him

Well if Morton do go up next season it WILL be as champions, history tells you that.

eat drink and be merry for tommorrow you may be radioiactive

Regrettably, in the world we live in deals are made all the time which ease the pain of guilty consciences with some form of inducement, usually money. The SFL is no different in that respect. Changing previously unfair rules/practices/money division is such an inducement and we all know what the correct moral argument is but the high ground stance is, of course, easy to take when you are not paying the bills!

Your second sentence is pie in the sky. The company is bust and debts get written off, thats the law of the land. The only glimmer of light may be for the tax authorities/liquidators to find a way to look through the corporate shield and go for Whyte, Murray and their co-conspirators. Oh and add Duff and Phelps to that list!

Guest David Edwards
They don't owe that money. They were liquidated and the newco owe nothing.

Technically, and legally they don't. Morally they do. They're the same obnoxious gang under the skin.

The only benifit to rangers is staying in the top div, perhaps allowing them to hold onto their squad. And who doesn't want them, DDR hasn't said that I haven't said that, so I suppose u r the spokesman for all the other fans now, what amazes me is the blinkered views of all the fans out with the old firm whom blame them for everything that is s*** about their club. These same morons also have more interest in the going ons at OF clubs than they have at their own. Send e - mails with threats to club owners is a bit extreme and immature if u ask me, Morton as many other clubs are not directly affected by actions taked against a new club rangers if anything one team will directly be better off when they replace them in the top tier. How many times do you want to punish the club concerned . So if anything the relegation of "the rangers" has no affect on the three bottom div except perhaps in morals but hey we are in a money driven age .

GET OVER IT

Regardless of what div ." the rangers" are in next season I'll be buying my season ticket will you, oh and I won't be E- mailing DDR to tell him

Well if Morton do go up next season it WILL be as champions, history tells you that.

If you buy a Morton ST for this coming season, it'll be your first! I think we all know where your real loyalties lie. :lol:

Guest David Edwards
Regrettably, in the world we live in deals are made all the time which ease the pain of guilty consciences with some form of inducement, usually money. The SFL is no different in that respect. Changing previously unfair rules/practices/money division is such an inducement and we all know what the correct moral argument is but the high ground stance is, of course, easy to take when you are not paying the bills!
And so easy to ignore when money's on offer. Reminds me of Terry Southern's 'Magic Christian'. People will swim through s***e for money.

Your second sentence is pie in the sky. The company is bust and debts get written off, thats the law of the land. The only glimmer of light may be for the tax authorities/liquidators to find a way to look through the corporate shield and go for Whyte, Murray and their co-conspirators. Oh and add Duff and Phelps to that list!

Aye, and the law of the land is an ass in so many respects. This one in particular, allowing rogues to run free.

Technically, and legally they don't. Morally they do. They're the same obnoxious gang under the skin.

Douglas Rae was not liable for all the debts that Hugh Scott left behind, like it or not neither is Green.

HMRC meant that no-one got money rather than some.

Not directed at you comment but Generally in these threads people are not dealing in reality, it's like mob rule.

Kill rangers.. And boycott everything if they survive.. as I said earlier the Airdrie deal hit me more than any deal that Rangers do..as I felt it affected Morton more..

GET OVER IT

The rangers cant be relegated cos they are not and never have been an SPL club, and most of their players are legging it as i type this anyway.

I've said it already on (one of) the other threads, IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN !!!

A made up story from the s***test of s*** newspapers.

The future just ain't what it used to be

Guest David Edwards
Douglas Rae was not liable for all the debts that Hugh Scott left behind, like it or not neither is Green.

HMRC meant that no-one got money rather than some.

Not directed at you comment but Generally in these threads people are not dealing in reality, it's like mob rule.

Kill rangers.. And boycott everything if they survive.. as I said earlier the Airdrie deal hit me more than any deal that Rangers do..as I felt it affected Morton more..

I do deal with reality. I accept that the likeliest outcome is that Rangers will be dealt with as a 'special case' and let off lightly. I accept it but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

It was always going to be thus, find a punishment that will hurt Rangers............. but not too much.

Obviously suits the SPL Chairmen who can be seen to be acting tough while risking little but you have to wonder if the extra revenue a Newco will bring will be enough to compensate for what looked like being a competitive First Division this season if they runaway with the title.

I suppose there's also the moral question of whether the SPL have the right to foist Newco on the SFL at all especially at the top tier.

I suppose if this does go through it'll be more than I thought they'd suffer but it's little enough in real terms - one season out of the SPL when they had no chance of winning it. Ah well y'all have my sympathy.

Just Visiting.

I do deal with reality. I accept that the likeliest outcome is that Rangers will be dealt with as a 'special case' and let off lightly. I accept it but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Is that not what we are all saying?

Guest David Edwards
Is that not what we are all saying?

I'm not sure. What are you saying, what would be your preferred outcome, your idea of fair treatment for 'New Rangers'?

Yes they are no other club had blatantly cheated, ignored rules, profited from that in terms of footballing success, given that the administrators are subject to an investigation shouldn't all this be put on hold until we know there will be a club.

If the authorities tear up the rule book to accommodate Sevco 5088 who might never play a game, no history, no financial record then I have finished with football at this level as it is clearly run for the purpose of the Glasgow ugly twins.

Guest David Edwards
Yes they are no other club had blatantly cheated, ignored rules, profited from that in terms of footballing success, given that the administrators are subject to an investigation shouldn't all this be put on hold until we know there will be a club.

If the authorities tear up the rule book to accommodate Sevco 5088 who might never play a game, no history, no financial record then I have finished with football at this level as it is clearly run for the purpose of the Glasgow ugly twins.

You know what chrissiboi? I tend to agree. :D

Something that I find obvious that otherwise hasn't been stated, Rangers FC were not an SFL club whenever these wrongdoings had taken place, they were a member club of the Scottish Premier League which is in turn a breakaway league which Rangers left the SFL to join in 1998-9 season.

Since this is a problem which is concerning a non-member club arising from wrongdoings of a member club from another league, then why should the SFL be accomodating or inconvenienced in this instance?

It is the SPL's problem, its up to them to deal with it. Its not the SFL's problem.

*insert signature here*

Archived