The Rangers - Page 3 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Rangers

4th July vote  

88 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• I wouldn't mind The Rangers in the SPL
    • First Division
    • Third Division
    • Anywhere but the SPL
    • I couldn't care less

I can understand the giving up on football sentiment but I don't see how you could blame DDFR for whats going on. I think he has only marginally more power over it than you and I.

He doesn't need to go in to national papers and say he is all for it.

I would be expecting the chairman of a team struggling to get fans to at least consult them on something as big as this and even if nothing could be done about it at least, as a club, we would still have some integrity.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can understand the giving up on football sentiment but I don't see how you could blame DDFR for whats going on. I think he has only marginally more power over it than you and I.

He will or at least should have a vote, he can vote against the newco arriving in Division 1 or he can vote in favour of it, if he votes against and they end up there then fair enough but if he votes for it I'm out for at least a season.

They won't get in unless the other clubs are in agreement. That means he has considerably more power than you and I!

Nick, he's already said in the paper that he's in favour of it. I just question whether one season with rangers in the league is worth the potential risk of disillusioning an already swindling hardcore support for years to come.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Nick, he's already said in the paper that he's in favour of it. I just question whether one season with rangers in the league is worth the potential risk of disillusioning an already swindling hardcore support for years to come.

I presume you meant dwindling ? :rolleyes:

The future just ain't what it used to be

It would be juniors football for me. No particular team and not as a supporter of any particular club.

I've taken on a few juniors games over the past 2 seasons and have been welll impressed with both the standard of football and the way the clubs are run.

If things don't change, they'll stay the way they are.

I presume you meant dwindling ? :rolleyes:

:lol: must have changed it on my phone.

Both are appropriate most likely! :P

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Having Rangers in SFL1 would mean that the other nine clubs have no chance of promotion. It would also mean smaller home gates as a result, except possibly for the 2 games against Rangers. I suspect that the net effect would be revenue neutral. I therefore see no benefit to any SFL club other than Rangers if they are allowed into SFL1. The SPL clubs will benefit as they'll get their precious Rangers back 2 seasons sooner, but what's in it for us??

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Having Rangers in SFL1 would mean that the other nine clubs have no chance of promotion.

What grounds do you have for that believe?

They will start with no players, who the hell is going to sign for them in the SFL? Their youth academy for the few bright sparks generally produces utter s***e, as the crap that has graduated from it like Chris Smith shows...

I think there was similar from SPL chairman until they saw the depth of feelings from their own supporters. If Dougie voted Sevco 5088 into the 1st, we and anyone else who voted would be forever tagged by that fact.

It was bad enough when DDFR spewing out the virtues of the Celtic support and this is in the same vain of insulting distain for Morton supporters. We would be promoting the inconsequences of the teams playing in Division 2 and 3. We know that it is possible to recover from getting dumped into the 3rd division.

So will the league pay compensation to the teams who would have benefitted from promotion if Dundee or Dumfy go to the SPL. What will be the attitude of any new teams coming into senior football can we not start in the first?

There are 2 outcomes one is invitation to division 3 the other is suspension /expulsion, every other scenario would be a mockery, a sham, a fudge.

As a Morton supporter, as say no as it would be unjust. Restructuring is needed but not by selling 19 clubs down the river. I will join the boycott , we'd be undermining our own competition , 5hitting in our own nest.

I think there was similar from SPL chairman until they saw the depth of feelings from their own supporters. If Dougie voted Sevco 5088 into the 1st, we and anyone else who voted would be forever tagged by that fact.

It was bad enough when DDFR spewing out the virtues of the Celtic support and this is in the same vain of insulting distain for Morton supporters. We would be promoting the inconsequences of the teams playing in Division 2 and 3. We know that it is possible to recover from getting dumped into the 3rd division.

So will the league pay compensation to the teams who would have benefitted from promotion if Dundee or Dumfy go to the SPL. What will be the attitude of any new teams coming into senior football can we not start in the first?

There are 2 outcomes one is invitation to division 3 the other is suspension /expulsion, every other scenario would be a mockery, a sham, a fudge.

As a Morton supporter, as say no as it would be unjust. Restructuring is needed but not by selling 19 clubs down the river. I will join the boycott , we'd be undermining our own competition , 5hitting in our own nest.

The thing is, It would be absolutely shit if the new Rangers are voted back into the SPL, but the SPL are a seperate entity from the SFL, so it's entirely viable that they could be voted back into there as there is a space available.

But for the SFL to vote a new team right into the top league in their organisation, ahead of 20 other more deserving teams is a million times worse than them being voted into the SPL, as there is obviously no procedure in place for that to happen as it's clearly one of the most morally corrupt things that could happen in professional sport, and the fact it's even being entertained is a disgrace.

32.gif

Where's the 'left to rot in the Juniors as both senior bodies have the stones to kick them out for good' option?

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

The thing is, It would be absolutely shit if the new Rangers are voted back into the SPL, but the SPL are a seperate entity from the SFL, so it's entirely viable that they could be voted back into there as there is a space available.

But for the SFL to vote a new team right into the top league in their organisation, ahead of 20 other more deserving teams is a million times worse than them being voted into the SPL, as there is obviously no procedure in place for that to happen as it's clearly one of the most morally corrupt things that could happen in professional sport, and the fact it's even being entertained is a disgrace.

Yep - agree with all of that.

Mad Vlad has issued a statement saying Hearts will vote NO to Newco. Thats Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts and ICT and Motherwell have said they will consult with fans ( Motherwell are letting the fans decide how the club vote )

All good, but going straight into the 1st division is not an option for TRFC as they need to apply to join the SFL at the bottom. The only way they could come into our league is if our league becomes SPL2 and then they could be punished by relegation to SPL2.

If there is a an SPL2 with 2 promotion spots via play-offs and an introduction of a pyramid system etc then I don't think Rae voting for such a thing should merrit a boycott from fans.

"More and more people, no matter their political persuasion, are now seeing this for what it is; not a YES vote for SNP led nationalism but simply a YES vote for self-determination and the best way forward for a nation, increasingly ignored and disadvantaged by a London biased Government "

http://nationalcollective.com/

Mad Vlad has issued a statement saying Hearts will vote NO to Newco. Thats Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts and ICT and Motherwell have said they will consult with fans ( Motherwell are letting the fans decide how the club vote )

All good, but going straight into the 1st division is not an option for TRFC as they need to apply to join the SFL at the bottom. The only way they could come into our league is if our league becomes SPL2 and then they could be punished by relegation to SPL2.

If there is a an SPL2 with 2 promotion spots via play-offs and an introduction of a pyramid system etc then I don't think Rae voting for such a thing should merrit a boycott from fans.

If long needed re-structure of Scottish football came about because of Ranger's demise and re-introduction, then that is a completely different matter to slightly swelling your bank account for one year.

If the SPL 2 is formed, then at least there is a procedure for the new Rangers to be voted into it, which although isn't perfect, at least isn't corrupt, and Scottish football would benefit for years to come.

So far all i've seen is ways for Rangers to benefit, so if everyone can benefit then i'd have a lot less of a problem with that.

32.gif

If anyone feels so strongly that they think they will give up following Morton then can you at least first write to the Club and let them know the strenghth of your feeling as it seems to have worked for Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and ICT. Here is the statement from Kenny Cameron of ICT:

Open letter to the fans from ICTFC chairman Kenny Cameron:

The Rangers situation has resulted in a huge volume of letters, emails and phone calls to me from Caley Thistle supporters -- so many that I cannot reply individually, though all have been given due consideration and the board fully appreciates our fans' strength of feeling on the issue.

Similarly, all the posts on the fans' website have been noted. This week we consulted with the Supporters Trust, whose input is particularly important to us.

It is fair to say that those who say that Rangers have been punished sufficiently are in an extremely small minority of all the representations received.

The directors of the club have taken all the comments on board. Our final decision on the issue will be taken based on the views of supporters and the Supporters Trust combined with what we think is best for our club from a business perspective and for Scottish football in general.

This is an extremely busy period, otherwise I would have taken time to reply to all of our fans who have taken the trouble to contact me. Their views will not be arbitrarily dismissed.

Meanwhile, as events continue to unfold, the board will continue to assess the situation on an ongoing basis.

Thanks for your input, Kenny Cameron

"More and more people, no matter their political persuasion, are now seeing this for what it is; not a YES vote for SNP led nationalism but simply a YES vote for self-determination and the best way forward for a nation, increasingly ignored and disadvantaged by a London biased Government "

The above is what it all boils down to. That said, Rangers shouldn't be rehabilitated at any level of senior football after cheating the taxman out of a debt larger than every other club's tax liabilities combined, after their use of double contracts, after dragging the football authorities into the courts, and all the other revelations that are sure to come out in the coming weeks. Morton should play no part in the soft sponge treatment that Jim Traynor et al have been peddling for Scottish football's greatest ever cheats. The club have folded, let the Newco rot.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

The above is what it all boils down to. That said, Rangers shouldn't be rehabilitated at any level of senior football after cheating the taxman out of a debt larger than every other club's tax liabilities combined, after their use of double contracts, after dragging the football authorities into the courts, and all the other revelations that are sure to come out in the coming weeks. Morton should play no part in the soft sponge treatment that Jim Traynor et al have been peddling for Scottish football's greatest ever cheats. The club have folded, let the Newco rot.

Completely agree with all that- I just won't boycott Morton FC for any reason- I would be happy to boycott all games home and away invloving Newco though.

Archived