The Rangers - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Rangers

4th July vote  

88 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• I wouldn't mind The Rangers in the SPL
    • First Division
    • Third Division
    • Anywhere but the SPL
    • I couldn't care less

Will the SPL chairmen be thinking more about their cashflow and profit and vote to allow The Rangers a place in the SPL on 4th July or will they vote otherwise?

What would you prefer?

With David Longmuir saying The Rangers will not be allowed into the First Division, could this be reversed if it came to the crunch?

Could you really see The Rangers starting next season in the Third Division with that £110 million TV contract potentially at risk if they do?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Will the SPL chairmen be thinking more about their cashflow and profit and vote to allow The Rangers (newco) a place in the SPL on 4th July or will they vote otherwise?

What would you prefer?

With David Longmuir saying The Rangers will not be allowed into the First Division, could this be reversed if it came to the crunch?

Could you really see The Rangers starting next season in the Third Division with that £110 million TV contract potentially at risk if they do?

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the rest of the post, couldn't care less either way. The outcome will be what's in the best interests of the OF. Always is. Can't understand why you're all getting hot and bothered about this. Relax. There's cricket on.

MARTY OUT!!!!!

Another Rangers thread.. I hope they die, simple as. Celtic to follow would be nice but hey life's not perfect :ph34r:

this :)

"More and more people, no matter their political persuasion, are now seeing this for what it is; not a YES vote for SNP led nationalism but simply a YES vote for self-determination and the best way forward for a nation, increasingly ignored and disadvantaged by a London biased Government "

http://nationalcollective.com/

Come on guys give the OF a break,we DO need them just as they need us, get over it. Me id be happy for Rangers to be visitors at Cappielow next season. I've waited long enough for a game against the govan bears.Cappielow would be bouncing in such an event.

Cowshed bangers barmy army :rolleyes:

eat drink and be merry for tommorrow you may be radioiactive

Come on guys give the OF a break,we DO need them just as they need us, get over it. Me id be happy for Rangers to be visitors at Cappielow next season. I've waited long enough for a game against the govan bears.Cappielow would be bouncing in such an event.

Did not give a flying feck about Scottish football when they were trying to escape to England or the Atlantic League, never mind the illegal payments and gaining an unfair advantage by not paying tax.

We don't need Sevco whatever your going to call yourself to get Cappielow rocking, what Morton need is a successful team on the park playing consistent well.

as long as a foreign referee is appointed ;)

Cheerio, cheerio cheerio :bouncy: :bouncy: :thumbup2: :thumbup2:

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

Bawheid - I suggest you tune in to Alex Thomson @ chanell 4 news over the coming days.

don't think you'll be bouncing, in fact I think you'd better take a wee seat

I voted 3rd but I didn't see a 'hope their finances are too ****ed and the infighting stops them from setting up a bid to enter, freezing them out of next season altogether' option.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Are the diddy clubs on the brink of a deal that would see The Rangers 'parachuting' into Div 1?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2012/06/21/ra...86908-23898830/

There was now way The Rangers were ever going to play in the Third Division, and this 'emergency' meeting they had at Alloa yesterday clinches it.

So basically The Rangers would go into the First Division in exchange for the following for the diddy teams:

• Guarantees going forward on voting rights
  • Fairer financial distribution, easier access to the top flight (return of the play offs in the top league)
And there's another thing, The Glasgow Cup gets revived so SKY still get their Old Firm games.

Sounds like a done deal to me.

Minnow clubs! Absolute chite paper.

I wouldn't even wipe my arse on it.

I will say again that I have no issue whatsoever with facts being discussed, but accusations and allegations are another thing entirely..

Are the diddy clubs on the brink of a deal that would see The Rangers 'parachuting' into Div 1?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2012/06/21/ra...86908-23898830/

There was now way The Rangers were ever going to play in the Third Division, and this 'emergency' meeting they had at Alloa yesterday clinches it.

So basically The Rangers would go into the First Division in exchange for the following for the diddy teams:

• Guarantees going forward on voting rights
  • Fairer financial distribution, easier access to the top flight (return of the play offs in the top league)
And there's another thing, The Glasgow Cup gets revived so SKY still get their Old Firm games.

Sounds like a done deal to me.

Third division not first division. not happy. Same attitude as rest SPL fans. .boycott

Not acceptable. All fans of SFL clubs should make it known that they will have nothing to do with any stitch ups to save Rangers. They wouldn't bend the rules for any other club (apart from Sellick of course) and this move should be resisted strongly.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

I've said in previous threads that my attendance at any Scottish football match will end if there is a stitch up of any kind to accomodate the disgusting behaviour of that club. I did send an email to the club, but have had no response (and don't expect one). I can only talk for myself and the 3 friends that I attend the matches with. I rarely attend away matches these days, so it will only be home games that are impacted.

I've said in previous threads that my attendance at any Scottish football match will end if there is a stitch up of any kind to accomodate the disgusting behaviour of that club. I did send an email to the club, but have had no response (and don't expect one). I can only talk for myself and the 3 friends that I attend the matches with. I rarely attend away matches these days, so it will only be home games that are impacted.

I'm starting to feel the same - the simple fact is that this is a new club and they shouldn't just be allowed to jump all these places in to the league.

The only option available to them should be to apply for the extra place in the SPL (which they shouldn't get but is an option because it is a separate entity) or the extra place at the bottom of the SFL when teams have shuffled up because of the rejection from the SPL.

Rushing through a change to suit them is ridiculous especially in light of all the surveys not too long ago showing what fans wanted, i.e. bigger leagues, being ignored and talked down so this would just go to show that changes are made to accommodate certain clubs but fans are not important.

Has anyone suggested to them that they might want to try to get into the pyramid system in England, a course of action that they wanted to take not long ago with no concern for the same Scottish clubs that are now being subtly pressurised to do them a favour?

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Archived