What Does It Mean If Rangers Go Newco - Page 3 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

What Does It Mean If Rangers Go Newco

Because Nick, no one at any of the big firms will touch the Rangers case and one of the reasons it was easy to get D&P in place. They don't want the hatemail or protests outside their office.

I also know for a fact that Murray was happy to sell to Whyte and that he ignored due diligence that said in no uncertain terms Whyte was to be avoided at all costs.

Not quite right Rasta as allegedly one of the 'big' boys was lined up for the job but D & P were the square peg for the round hole or should that be a big boy did it and ran away ^_^ .

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not quite right Rasta as allegedly one of the 'big' boys was lined up for the job but D & P were the square peg for the round hole or should that be a big boy did it and ran away ^_^ .

Maybe but I've been told by employees at two of the big four plus from two other big accountancy firms that they wouldn't touch it and that was the general consensus in the industry.

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

Maybe but I've been told by employees at two of the big four plus from two other big accountancy firms that they wouldn't touch it and that was the general consensus in the industry.

That is generally true and this insolvency practitioner would not have touched it with a bargepole, even in my days with a big firm with plenty of resources. The man who did Airdrie got death threats at the time, his car was trashed and his Glasgow office picketed. As we all know, Airdrie are Rangers in minature!

On the other hand, HMRC are a big referrer of work and you risk being put off the list if you turn them down if they want to appoint you. That may have factored in the decision.

I would imagine that Doncaster has been in touch with SKY rather than the other way around. Love him or loathe him, his job is to do the best for the member clubs of the SPL and if he wasn't to be exploring the financial implications of a Rangers-free SPL he'd be badly neglecting his duties.

In the same breath- SKY are a business that rely on their customers the same way all businesses do. They're under no obligation to pay for TV rights if it's not on the terms they want. The contract's up for renewal over the close season, this is the point it will be re-negotiated. I fail to see how the loss of one of the biggest clubs, and consequently Scottish Football's only fixture that sells to a worldwide audience can't be such a major factor in negotiating the contract.

I'd say it's far from bribery, merely a big company being prudent with their money. There are many guilty parties in this whole affair- SKY aren't one of them.

Anyway, don't think it's been posted on here yet, but here's a link to a Sheffield United blog about potential Rangers buyer Charles Green that might be of interest.

Charles Green, he sells the team.

If the Sky deal with the SPL is determined on 4 old firm games a season and the punishment for rule breaking is then less severe to enable that contract to go ahead then it is wholly wrong on the basis of the nature of league football and the contract should be stated where possible the 4 old firm league games will be televised.

Does the EPL contract state that Man U v any other club have to be shown for the contract to be activated.

Rangers broke rules with the PAYE during Whyte's reign, they have entered administration there is evidence of side contracts for players. This has to be the most serious case faced by Scotland's football authorities and the fact it is one of the biggest clubs in the country that also has to be seen as bringing the game into disrepute.

If Sky are putting any visible pressure on the SPL/SFA to keep Rangers within the SPL then that is inappropriate , they are after all having their own issues with fair conduct.

If the Sky deal with the SPL is determined on 4 old firm games a season and the punishment for rule breaking is then less severe to enable that contract to go ahead then it is wholly wrong on the basis of the nature of league football and the contract should be stated where possible the 4 old firm league games will be televised.

Does the EPL contract state that Man U v any other club have to be shown for the contract to be activated.

Rangers broke rules with the PAYE during Whyte's reign, they have entered administration there is evidence of side contracts for players. This has to be the most serious case faced by Scotland's football authorities and the fact it is one of the biggest clubs in the country that also has to be seen as bringing the game into disrepute.

If Sky are putting any visible pressure on the SPL/SFA to keep Rangers within the SPL then that is inappropriate , they are after all having their own issues with fair conduct.

Drawing comparisons with the EPL is nonesense. The EPL could in theory los Man Utd and be just as strong with Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City and to some extent Spurs & Liverpool as well supported, high profile teams with top players. They also play in front of bigger crowds (a few teams like Wigan aside). If you take one half of the old firm out of the the Scottish league, youve just lost about 40% of your TV audience, perhaps more if the other remaining half of the old firm become disinterested through a lack of rivalry. It is up to the Scottish authorities and member clubs to make their game more appealing so they can determine a TV deal in their favour rather than one which has been cobbled together in a begging bowl with the only interested suitor.

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

Sky do not have FA cup rights & quite often on FA cup weekends sky would show extra SPL games to fill the schedule.

Would love to see the viewing figures for the games where none of the Old Firm were involved as I can not imagine many people would watch unless have an interest in one of the 2 teams playing.

I would prefer if Sky did not show SPL games as the standard of football is often an embarrassment.

Got to remember also that SKY only recently took on SPL football again wasn't too long ago that ESPN was the only channel showing SPL could go back that way as everyone is talking about SKY & not ESPN.

Would still love for Rangers to come in as newco sky sign the deal & then for Rangers to be relegated due to ban on signing players.

That would really be a slap in the face to SKY, Doncaster & those greedy chairmen who chose to allow them back in.

Guarantee that is when either the entry rules are changed or SPL is expanded.

Best thing for Scottish football is rip up sky deal, increase the SPL & have the SFA running everything that way there is no ambiguity.

user posted image

Drawing comparisons with the EPL is nonesense. The EPL could in theory los Man Utd and be just as strong with Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City and to some extent Spurs & Liverpool as well supported, high profile teams with top players. They also play in front of bigger crowds (a few teams like Wigan aside). If you take one half of the old firm out of the the Scottish league, youve just lost about 40% of your TV audience, perhaps more if the other remaining half of the old firm become disinterested through a lack of rivalry. It is up to the Scottish authorities and member clubs to make their game more appealing so they can determine a TV deal in their favour rather than one which has been cobbled together in a begging bowl with the only interested suitor.

Sky or anyone else cannot predict the outcome of a league season and have any sway in the punishment of those clubs who flaut the laws of the game and laws of the land.

Sky's issue with the Rangers issue is totally seperate no way should the punishment of Rangers be due to the threat of the withdrawal of a financial deal. So the football authorities were right to hammer Gretna but in Rangers case which has more breeches and benefitted from those .

Sky or anyone else cannot predict the outcome of a league season and have any sway in the punishment of those clubs who flaut the laws of the game and laws of the land.

Sky's issue with the Rangers issue is totally seperate no way should the punishment of Rangers be due to the threat of the withdrawal of a financial deal. So the football authorities were right to hammer Gretna but in Rangers case which has more breeches and benefitted from those .

I dont believe Sky are trying to sway anything, they have every right to walk away/offer a lesser deal if they believe the product they are buying into will put them at a loss.

Its the likes of the SFA/SPL that have the decision to make, whether to accept the hit and punish Rangers by sanctions/relegation and then have the other 11 SPL clubs lose tv money/gate receipts or have Rangers back into the SPL and a lesser punishment that would no doubt see the SPL in the same state, albeit with all sporting integrity/respect lost.

I would like to see them hit hard over this, it is their own doing so they must be punished. I think it would hurt the SPL teams as they would have a big deficit in their income from previous seasons. There have been a few SPL chairmen coming out stating they would need Rangers in the SPL and a few that have said they dont...the only club who seem to be staying silent on the issue is Celtic...they havent really commented much, and I reckon it would be them who lose the most out of the remaining 11 SPL teams

See all these Rangers fans saying how unfair it is to them losing their history and they had nothing to do with it, bollocks.

They were quite happy to dish it out, cheating other teams out of making history.

Bend over and take it.

"We Are The People"? Are you ****!

I am getting fed up with the Apologist Neil Doncaster stating that Newcos survive in the same league etc etc as a reason why Rangers should stay in the SPL .

Darlington - also became a newco - and this is what happened to them Today thanks to the FA.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18209679

JB.

Power To The Powerless,

Strength Unto The Weak!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-18211947

So Rangers are going to go to court because the SFA don't have the power to sanction a restriction of registering players although they can suspend or can order an expulsion.

Well there you go uphold the laws of the game.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-18212287

More evidence that Grier from Duff & Phelps had prior knowledge of Ticketus involvement. Why not ask Ticketus to find out who exactly knew what .

Rangers could be in more trouble for taking the SFA to court. FIFA requires that all national associations like the SFA have a clause prohibiting member clubs from taking legal action on football matters to the ordinary courts.

They do not like it, especially after the FC Sion case and there could be sanctions against the SFA if their decisions are not upheld. That could impact on Scottish clubs participating in European competition or even the national team.

Rangers could be in more trouble for taking the SFA to court. FIFA requires that all national associations like the SFA have a clause prohibiting member clubs from taking legal action on football matters to the ordinary courts.

They do not like it, especially after the FC Sion case and there could be sanctions against the SFA if their decisions are not upheld. That could impact on Scottish clubs participating in European competition or even the national team.

And that in turn will make everyone love rangers even more than before. :lol:

Clueless coonts just keep digging a bigger hole every day.

The future just ain't what it used to be

They might not like it but UEFA and FIFA cannot assume that they are above and beyond the law. They tried that with Bosman and were hammered. If they are so sure that their rules and regulations are beyond reproach they should move from Switzerland to an EU country where they are subject to the full spectrum of EU legislation.......but I wont hold my breath. Remember it was David Will who said he checked how many fingers he had left after shaking hands with Blatter.

They might not like it but UEFA and FIFA cannot assume that they are above and beyond the law. They tried that with Bosman and were hammered. If they are so sure that their rules and regulations are beyond reproach they should move from Switzerland to an EU country where they are subject to the full spectrum of EU legislation.......but I wont hold my breath. Remember it was David Will who said he checked how many fingers he had left after shaking hands with Blatter.

I could not agree more. A bigger robber than Blatter does not exist but that does not alter what the present rules are how FIFA/UEFA might react!

I could not agree more. A bigger robber than Blatter does not exist but that does not alter what the present rules are how FIFA/UEFA might react!

Very true. noticed in the papers today that FIFA can call on the SFA to punish Rangers further or face punishment themselves....which tells you all you need to know about how they rule the roost. And as for Duff and Phelps being unaware of the consequences of going to court to challenge the SFA, I would suggest that should be enough evidence to see them banned from whatever profession they claim they represent.

i do have some sympathy for supporters they are victims of Murray's deceit throughout the years. This is another case where the law needs to be changed on corporate responsibility.

I don't. The very same supporters who turned out to celebrate the legends of there club against AC Milan legends a few months ago. Half of the very same legends where getting paid in EBT's. That mob don't do irony. Instead they want to point the elbows at everyone else but there own club. They honestly beleive that the club should not be punished for over a decade of cheating. The We are The People attitude is alive and well despite everything else going on in the Inland Revenue Arena.

Archived