Supporters Uniting - Page 3 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Supporters Uniting

Can you not drop it for just one minute??? Constantly we hear you bleating on here about what the mad doc has done to you...we don't care, do you get it?? I do not have faith in the trust simple because the way individuals have acted over the past 2 years, why do you and your ilk try and portray everyone as being simpletons who can't form their own ipinion.

Arrogant sod.

Can I not drop it for a minute??? Well pardon me but maybe you need to have a wee look in the mirror. Especially with regard to the arrogance issue!

The trust board is taking active steps to discuss with supporter groups if there is any way we could work together for the betterment of Morton whilst you and a number others only have an interest in running us down. What have you done proactively for Morton recently?

You say you base this on the last two years but you have no idea of the true detail of what has gone on. You only know the spin, lies and innuendo portrayed by a third party!

We want to explore if there are ways supporters can work together to help our club but clearly you, and a few others have made your minds up without having even met us or heard what we have to say. Don't talk to me about arrogance!

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can I not drop it for a minute??? Well pardon me but maybe you need to have a wee look in the mirror. Especially with regard to the arrogance issue!

The trust board is taking active steps to discuss with supporter groups if there is any way we could work together for the betterment of Morton whilst you and a number others only have an interest in running us down. What have you done proactively for Morton recently?

You say you base this on the last two years but you have no idea of the true detail of what has gone on. You only know the spin, lies and innuendo portrayed by a third party!

We want to explore if there are ways supporters can work together to help our club but clearly you, and a few others have made your minds up without having even met us or heard what we have to say. Don't talk to me about arrogance!

Jeeeso !!!!!!!!!

I'm back again - for the LAST time - why on earth did you feel the need to say that Nick ??????? You are the trust chairman for God's sake.

New startinmg point required - you two bury this stupid pointless hatchet !!!!!

If things don't change, they'll stay the way they are.

Jeeeso !!!!!!!!!

I'm back again - for the LAST time - why on earth did you feel the need to say that Nick ??????? You are the trust chairman for God's sake.

First of all, I have no alliegence to the trust, have never been a member, so I am in no was sticking up for them here, but why should the guy have to just sit back and take the personal stick he gets on here from one poster in particular?

Fair play to him for responding as he did. I would probably not have been quite so reserved if I were in his position.

Jeeeso !!!!!!!!!

Bury it aye but preferably not in each other's heid.

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

First of all, I have no alliegence to the trust, have never been a member, so I am in no was sticking up for them here, but why should the guy have to just sit back and take the personal stick he gets on here from one poster in particular?

Fair play to him for responding as he did. I would probably not have been quite so reserved if I were in his position.

Agreed, however it never fails to amaze me how many people rise to his bait. As soon as one Trust thread dies he starts another one and before you know it you have to wade through 10 pages of shoite (yeah, I do realise I'm now contributing to that).

The guy is an attention seeking wind-up merchant and would be best ignored instead of being pandered to.

Guest David Edwards
I shall be at the meeting on behalf of the MSC and will attend with a completely open mind on what to expect from such a meeting.

I see it as a start and hopefully if it brings the SCs closer together its a start towards hopefully uniting all Morton supporters?

Fine sentiment John, but uniting under which banner? If it's Morton Supporters United then fine, but as said before, all of the organisations attending the meeting, even combined, only represent a fraction of the Morton support. Cliques combining with cliques are bound to fail, so if we're serious about uniting Morton support, then the first meeting should be open to all.

ditto

I think this season has saw the travel clubs being a close as they've ever been but we really need to work together, be united in voice not just with each other but with all Morton fans groups and individuals.

Again another fine sentiment Jim (I'm assuming it's you) but first can we establish just which organisation should we be uniting / working together for? For the benefit of GMFC or GMST? Maybe the experience of the past two years has made me a little cynical but I'm drawn to a conclusion that this meeting is all about saving GMST rather than a common interest in GMFC.

Again another fine sentiment Jim (I'm assuming it's you) but first can we establish just which organisation should we be uniting / working together for? For the benefit of GMFC or GMST? Maybe the experience of the past two years has made me a little cynical but I'm drawn to a conclusion that this meeting is all about saving GMST rather than a common interest in GMFC.

on this occasion it is me (Jim) and I can assure you having attended all the previous trust meetings and having spoken with the trust guys on numerous occasions regarding the supporters groups coming together that the trust guys have no desire to be running the show, they only want to be part of it.

At the moment the trust is the group that are trying to get as many of the established groups together, I don't see what is wrong with that.

At the initial meeting I suspect it will be discussed how we work things and how the different groups can come together under the one umbrella and possibly form it's own committee, until that is done I think people are jumping the gun with their assumptions of who will be doing what, let's just give it a chance.

Like Giz I'm not sure how things will pan out but I sure as hell want to give this thing me best shot, everyone agrees things could become difficult for GMFC in the near future so having a loud voice and a strong group at the ready has to be good for the future of GMFC.

This is not about the trust or any individual supporters groups, people have to drop that and start looking at what positives we can take from any group that gets off the ground.

Keep up to date with our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/AHMSC

Guest David Edwards
on this occasion it is me (Jim) and I can assure you having attended all the previous trust meetings and having spoken with the trust guys on numerous occasions regarding the supporters groups coming together that the trust guys have no desire to be running the show, they only want to be part of it.

At the moment the trust is the group that are trying to get as many of the established groups together, I don't see what is wrong with that.

At the initial meeting I suspect it will be discussed how we work things and how the different groups can come together under the one umbrella and possibly form it's own committee, until that is done I think people are jumping the gun with their assumptions of who will be doing what, let's just give it a chance.

Like Giz I'm not sure how things will pan out but I sure as hell want to give this thing me best shot, everyone agrees things could become difficult for GMFC in the near future so having a loud voice and a strong group at the ready has to be good for the future of GMFC.

This is not about the trust or any individual supporters groups, people have to drop that and start looking at what positives we can take from any group that gets off the ground.

If that is truly the case, if a new beginning is really on the agenda, then I suggest again, begin at the beginning with a public meeting of all Morton supporters.

If that is truly the case, if a new beginning is really on the agenda, then I suggest again, begin at the beginning with a public meeting of all Morton supporters.

Personally I would say those who have a genuine interest in playing an active role in the group should contact Chris at the trust whom I'm sure will welcome them with open arms.

Guest David Edwards
Personally I would say those who have a genuine interest in playing an active role in the group should contact Chris at the trust whom I'm sure will welcome them with open arms.

Welcome them to what, that's my point. If it's GMST then forget it.

Well, I have worked with all of the present trust board for the last 18 months or so and I can tell you that they are all straight, decent people doing what they do for the betterment of Greenock Morton without any payment whatsoever. So how about cutting us a little slack here? We are trying to better the trust who's primary objective is the long term well being of Greenock Morton. What is your agenda?

The thing here is trust if you pardon the pun. What credibility fellow supporters have for the Trust will determine what support you get from the rank and file fan.

Some of we 'neutral' fans who are loan note holders sat back and read what was being slung about on this very forum and were aghast at the behaviour of individuals on the Board.

This could have been dealt with swiftly and in house without it being slung over an internet forum. So what has changed exactly?

Thirdly, get the reliance on Supporters Direct binned and start to think for themselves. Supporters Direct jumped on the band wagon and came up with a whole set of rules and regulations that were ill thought out and so restrictive that they did more damage than good. It has taken too long for this realisation to hit home, and, they are now making the same mistake once again by wanting to try to adopt Supporters Direct's NEW set of rules to replace the ones that they had in the first place. Keep it simple, direct, and to the point - the main point being that we the fans will not stand for idiotic chairmen who are prepared to plunge OUR football clubs into the depths regardless of whether that is done maliciously or by simple bad managment.

This man talks sense!!

Transparency.

This is the perfect forum to let us know the true detail of what has gone on. What a perfect opportunity for the GMST to apologise for its handling of the whole affair.

We've read the innuendo from the third party, lets hear your side.

What a perfect opportunity to put it to bed, sell your future plans and regain confidence in GMST.

Welcome them to what, that's my point. If it's GMST then forget it.

FFS Davie you're sounding as bad a Mortonjag did when he used to post on here. Many times do folk need to be told? You would be invited to a meeting where it would be discussed the best way to set up a group that unites all the Morton Supporters groups as well as the individual Morton fans.

So what if it's the trust who have instigated this, fair play to them. I didn't see any other group or individual attempting to pull everyone together whilst paying for venues for meeting to be held.

The thing here is trust if you pardon the pun. What credibility fellow supporters have for the Trust will determine what support you get from the rank and file fan.

Some of we 'neutral' fans who are loan note holders sat back and read what was being slung about on this very forum and were aghast at the behaviour of individuals on the Board.

This could have been dealt with swiftly and in house without it being slung over an internet forum. So what has changed exactly?

This man talks sense!!

Transparency.

This is the perfect forum to let us know the true detail of what has gone on. What a perfect opportunity for the GMST to apologise for its handling of the whole affair.

We've read the innuendo from the third party, lets hear your side.

What a perfect opportunity to put it to bed, sell your future plans and regain confidence in GMST.

I am going to apologise to fans reading this thread as I should not rise to the bait and in that you were correct Andy. I am, however, human and there does come a point when even trust chairmen lose the rag!

I will not and nobody at the trust is going to apologise for trying to recover money we believe was owed to us, nor am I going to apologise for things that went on on this board before all bar one of us who are on the trust board were members of the trust board. Like many, I think that the whole trial by message board saga was wrong but neither I nor any of the current board had anything to do with that.

As for transparency, we have been engaged in a court case and we have not been prepared to discuss the detail of it on a public forum. It's called behaving professionally. We promised we would report to members and are holding an SGM to which loan note holders are invited, partly for that purpose given that the case is more or less over. That last statement is not arrogance, merely fact!

I want to move things on now and I am hoping that our actions and deeds will demonstrate pursuit of our core objectives and that what we are about is in the interests of all Morton fans. I realise that some people have to be won over and some never will be - you can't please all of the people all of the time and all that - but if people do not want to hear what we have to say, it will not be for want of trying on our part!

Guest David Edwards
FFS Davie you're sounding as bad a Mortonjag did when he used to post on here. Many times do folk need to be told? You would be invited to a meeting where it would be discussed the best way to set up a group that unites all the Morton Supporters groups as well as the individual Morton fans.

So what if it's the trust who have instigated this, fair play to them. I didn't see any other group or individual attempting to pull everyone together whilst paying for venues for meeting to be held.

FFS Jim, you're sounding as bad as the rest of the apologists for GMST that still post on here. Fair play to GMST? You're kidding. No fair play from a group of individuals seemingly more concerned with power, control and self aggrandisement than the collective interests of all Morton supporters.

FFS Jim, you're sounding as bad as the rest of the apologists for GMST that still post on here. Fair play to GMST? You're kidding. No fair play from a group of individuals seemingly more concerned with power, control and self aggrandisement than the collective interests of all Morton supporters.

Sorry Dave, but you have completely the wrong end of the stick here. How can you arrive at that conclusion when to the best of my knowledge you have never even met most of the board, and certainly not me! That's as much trial by message board as anything that has gone on in the past.

In an unpaid post which attracts comments like this one and much worse and involves a lot of time and effort, just what power, control and self aggrandisement do you consider is available?

Guest David Edwards
Sorry Dave, but you have completely the wrong end of the stick here. How can you arrive at that conclusion when to the best of my knowledge you have never even met most of the board, and certainly not me! That's as much trial by message board as anything that has gone on in the past.

In an unpaid post which attracts comments like this one and much worse and involves a lot of time and effort, just what power, control and self aggrandisement do you consider is available?

For starters, an unwarranted claim of right to represent Morton Supporters. For seconds, an equally unwarranted seat on the board as 'fans representative'. In short, GMST is in its present form unrepresentative of the Morton support, with its officials unelected and self appointed.

Davie you know and I know you are twisting it to suit the agenda you have at moment regarding the trust, I'm not interested in any of that, I'm talking only about the meeting to try and get the supporters groups under one umberella but you knew that anyway.

For starters, an unwarranted claim of right to represent Morton Supporters. For seconds, an equally unwarranted seat on the board as 'fans representative'. In short, GMST is in its present form unrepresentative of the Morton support, with its officials unelected and self appointed.

1 There is no such claim of right, you've made that up;

2 GMST has no seat on the board;

3 The GMST board doesn't claim to be representative of the Morton support, only of it's members;

4 The GMST board is elected by it's members and accountable to them.

You say we have no right, but what right do you have to say of me and colleagues you've never or barely met that we're obsessed with power, control and self aggrandisement? I've no issue with criticism, but these are baseless cheap shots. I genuinely thought better of you than that. How much power, control and self aggrandisement do you think is possible on the GMST board!?

Guest David Edwards
Davie you know and I know you are twisting it to suit the agenda you have at moment regarding the trust, I'm not interested in any of that, I'm talking only about the meeting to try and get the supporters groups under one umberella but you knew that anyway.

I'm twisting nothing Jim but sure, I'll admit to a distrust of the Trust. And it's the Trust's 'umbrella' that I object to.

Archived