Supporters Uniting - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Supporters Uniting

*disclaimer, this is my opinion, shoot me down as I expect many will, have an opinion as i'm sure others will.

Supporters Uniting.

GMST recently attempted to galvanise the Morton support by inviting all SC’s to a meeting to decide how the Morton fan base can pull together for any future difficulties to come.

The SC’s ‘forgot’ all bar one I’m told, to turn up.

There is to be another meeting held which hopes to have more SC’s turn up this time.

It now seems this meeting is restricted to SC’s reps and GMST only.

This represents no more than 20% of the core Morton support and as does not have a right to restrict fan involvement.

Its becoming clear to many that the trust see themselves as ‘directors’ of any new fans organisation, despite the fact they actually represent under 2% of Morton fans (with a clearly useless 4% stake in GMFC)

What gives GMST the right to think they can hold, manage and decline entry to the majority? This meeting could be critical to the path ahead and as such should be held in an open manner.

Remind me where the idea to bring the fans together was first publicly discussed? Yes, it was on this site, not by GMST or any SC’s, but by ordinary fans and in my opinion means we all have the right to our opinion on the way forward.

With all that in mind if GMST persist in ‘barring’ individuals from attending any future meeting it proves that very, very little has changed, despite rhetoric advising things have indeed changed.

If GMST continue restricting involvement maybe the SC’s might consider not attending! Do they really want to be dictated too by an organisation who’s public image is tarnished so badly, who seem not to have learned from previous mistakes and who continue to show a level of arrogance that we all hoped to have been in the past.

The new ‘chairman’ likes to tell us all what to do, that is clear from posts being answered by private message (and I am clearly not alone in that), TELLING some of what to and what not to write. What right does this group, or its head, decide what I or others say in public? No right is the answer.

I WANT the fans to be closer but not with a pompous, arrogant and error ridden group of individuals that form the present trust board directing affairs.

I now leave this open to the parties on each side to slaughter my opinion, but that’s what it is, an opinion, my opinion, so get over it. Unlike some other’s I have never switched teams like my energy provider.

Morton till I die!!!

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*disclaimer, this is my opinion, shoot me down as I expect many will, have an opinion as i'm sure others will.

Supporters Uniting.

GMST recently attempted to galvanise the Morton support by inviting all SC’s to a meeting to decide how the Morton fan base can pull together for any future difficulties to come.

There is to be another meeting held which hopes to have more SC’s turn up this time.

This represents no more than 20% of the core Morton support and as does not have a right to restrict fan involvement.

Its becoming clear to many that the trust see themselves as ‘directors’ of any new fans organisation, despite the fact they actually represent under 2% of Morton fans (with a clearly useless 4% stake in GMFC)

What gives GMST the right to think they can hold, manage and decline entry to the majority? This meeting could be critical to the path ahead and as such should be held in an open manner.

Remind me where the idea to bring the fans together was first publicly discussed? Yes, it was on this site, not by GMST or any SC’s, but by ordinary fans and in my opinion means we all have the right to our opinion on the way forward.

With all that in mind if GMST persist in ‘barring’ individuals from attending any future meeting it proves that very, very little has changed, despite rhetoric advising things have indeed changed.

If GMST continue restricting involvement maybe the SC’s might consider not attending! Do they really want to be dictated too by an organisation who’s public image is tarnished so badly, who seem not to have learned from previous mistakes and who continue to show a level of arrogance that we all hoped to have been in the past.

The new ‘chairman’ likes to tell us all what to do, that is clear from posts being answered by private message (and I am clearly not alone in that), TELLING some of what to and what not to write. What right does this group, or its head, decide what I or others say in public? No right is the answer.

I WANT the fans to be closer but not with a pompous, arrogant and error ridden group of individuals that form the present trust board directing affairs.

I now leave this open to the parties on each side to slaughter my opinion, but that’s what it is, an opinion, my opinion, so get over it. Unlike some other’s I have never switched teams like my energy provider.

Morton till I die!!!

RM you bored this pleasant Sunday afternoon or what ? I suppose by the back of 12 you will have scratched your scrotum, pulled your pudding and eaten breakfast in bed so all that is left is a fishing expedition :rolleyes:

For what it is worth I agree in principle that it is a strange decision to launch an initiative to get fans united but then exclude the majority from influencing the agenda. Past experience would suggest that most will not bother anyway so why make a rod for your own back by making it invite only - I take it, it is not black tie ?

Supporters Uniting.

Morton till I die!!!

1ApplauseCard-1.gif

Supporters Uniting.

Morton till I die!!!

attention_seeking_t_shirt-p2351416196689

this pleasant Sunday afternoon

Nice day now here in Greenock, but the fog will be back tonight. It's interesting to shine a torch into the fog at night to see the tiny suspended water droplets.

Fog, like its slightly elevated cousin stratus, is a stable cloud deck which tends to form when a cool, stable air mass is trapped underneath a warm air mass

Nice day now here in Greenock, but the fog will be back tonight. It's interesting to shine a torch into the fog at night to see the tiny suspended water droplets.

Fog, like its slightly elevated cousin stratus, is a stable cloud deck which tends to form when a cool, stable air mass is trapped underneath a warm air mass

Guff on the other hand does not require a torch as it is clear to all and sundry when someone is boring the erse of you :blush:

Supporters Uniting.

Morton till I die!!!

Haha, what a lot of tosh.

We are meeting with the Supporters' Clubs to see how we can work more closely with them. Yes the first meeting had to be postponed, but I've every reason to believe that the re-arranged meeting will go ahead.

You are (wrongly) assuming a lot here:

1. Of course we don't see ourselves as directors of a new fans' group! I don't even know where you've gotten that idea from. We're just inviting the Supporters' Clubs to see how we can work together, if at all.

2. We have not 'barred' anyone from entry. We have plans to hold two quite different meetings. One to meet with the SCs; another which will be open to anyone interested in coming along. That's hardly us being 'exclusive', or pompous and arrogant. However, if the first meeting is about the relationship between the Trust and the SCs then it makes sense to invite the SCs to it. It's not like we're doing that with no intention of having any other meeting: we'll be holding a public meeting, at which Alan Moore has agreed to come along to do a Q&A session too.

3. The meeting is BETWEEN the Trust and the SCs - no question that we'll be dictating to anyone. Again, you are jumping to wrong headed conclusions.

Fair enough it's your opinion, but by and large your opinion is built on assumptions with no basis in fact.

RM you bored this pleasant Sunday afternoon or what ? I suppose by the back of 12 you will have scratched your scrotum, pulled your pudding and eaten breakfast in bed so all that is left is a fishing expedition :rolleyes:

For what it is worth I agree in principle that it is a strange decision to launch an initiative to get fans united but then exclude the majority from influencing the agenda. Past experience would suggest that most will not bother anyway so why make a rod for your own back by making it invite only - I take it, it is not black tie ?

Just to repeat: there are TWO meetings being held - one with the SCs because the ONLY agenda item is how the Trust and SCs can work more closely together. The second meeting will be one open to all Morton fans, because that meeting will be about more general issues rather than the relationship between SCs and GMST.

I'm not sure where the idea was first suggested, but there has been nothing to stop a group of (as you call them) 'ordinary' fans calling a meeting. We've taken some initiative to hold a meeting, the details of which we'll publicise just as soon as we know them, and attendance at which will NOT be restricted. I can't make that clearer. Everyone has a right to contribute, and anyone with an interest in doing so will have the chance to contribute.

If anyone has a plan on how to get 100% of supporters together, then they should go and so something about it and stop being a big wean on here. Get a grip, either go and arrange this amazing, all-encompassing group you keep rattling on about or get off your self-appointed high horse and give us all peace. It's pathetic.

AWMSC

Haha, what a lot of tosh.

We are meeting with the Supporters' Clubs to see how we can work more closely with them. Yes the first meeting had to be postponed, but I've every reason to believe that the re-arranged meeting will go ahead.

You are (wrongly) assuming a lot here:

1. Of course we don't see ourselves as directors of a new fans' group! I don't even know where you've gotten that idea from. We're just inviting the Supporters' Clubs to see how we can work together, if at all.

2. We have not 'barred' anyone from entry. We have plans to hold two quite different meetings. One to meet with the SCs; another which will be open to anyone interested in coming along. That's hardly us being 'exclusive', or pompous and arrogant. However, if the first meeting is about the relationship between the Trust and the SCs then it makes sense to invite the SCs to it. It's not like we're doing that with no intention of having any other meeting: we'll be holding a public meeting, at which Alan Moore has agreed to come along to do a Q&A session too.

3. The meeting is BETWEEN the Trust and the SCs - no question that we'll be dictating to anyone. Again, you are jumping to wrong headed conclusions.

Fair enough it's your opinion, but by and large your opinion is built on assumptions with no basis in fact.

The opening line is typical of the public image you have. SC's need to take note of how you engage with the fan in the street, and as usual its with a level of arrogance that suits you.

YOU are meeting with the SC's to see how YOU can work more closely with them. Once again the arrogance rips right out of you. From what i'm told at least 2 of the SC's don't share the opinion you should be working with them at all.

YOU do see yourselves as directors of SC's, it been constant on here since the idea was originally aired (and hijacked)

YOU have effectively barred anyone who does not represent a SC from the meeting. SC's do not represent all the fans either. To have an exclusive meeting, directed by the GMST, proves you want your cake and to eat it.

A Q&A with Moore is all well and good, but the initiual meeting should be an open meeting, many of the folk that run SC's do not post on here, nor do they even think themselves as repesenting the aspirations of the membership.

YOU attempted to get a previous meeting which had one attendee if I am correct?

YOU are ducking the public once again to make sure the Trust doesn't get a grilling for its ideas.

WHY are you even involved in this, your org has dragged the name of Morton through the gutter the past 2 years.

Just to repeat: there are TWO meetings being held - one with the SCs because the ONLY agenda item is how the Trust and SCs can work more closely together. The second meeting will be one open to all Morton fans, because that meeting will be about more general issues rather than the relationship between SCs and GMST.

I don't care how many meetings are being held, the idea was suggested on here and to then exclude individuals from attending smacks of the sheer arrogance that courses throughout the trust. So you meet with the SC's, get an agreement, then have another meeting about more 'general issues'!!! That says it all. What gives you the right to think you have the power to dictate to fans?

I'm not sure where the idea was first suggested, but there has been nothing to stop a group of (as you call them) 'ordinary' fans calling a meeting. We've taken some initiative to hold a meeting, the details of which we'll publicise just as soon as we know them, and attendance at which will NOT be restricted. I can't make that clearer. Everyone has a right to contribute, and anyone with an interest in doing so will have the chance to contribute.

The idea was first suggested on this site and well you know it.

Taking the initiative and wanting to direct are two different aspects, I feared the trust would attempt to take centre stage (depsite respresenting 2% of Morton fans) and so it has proved to be the case.

I look forward to contributing to the diddy meeting for all us not considered important enough to attend the initial one.

BTW, the SC's are not really SC's, they are travel clubs in the main ran out of pubs.

If I walk up to Chaplins or the George (who have both asked my in the recent year to run a supporters bus but which I just don't have the time to do at the moment) and take up their offer today, create a new travel club, can I then attend the initial meeting??

Everyone else, enjoyed all the none contributions, some of you have done exactly as I expected and it shows the disregard many of you have for Mortons future. Roll on though, if it makes you happy. :)

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

If anyone has a plan on how to get 100% of supporters together, then they should go and so something about it and stop being a big wean on here. Get a grip, either go and arrange this amazing, all-encompassing group you keep rattling on about or get off your self-appointed high horse and give us all peace. It's pathetic.

Thanks

and

Ignored

:)

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

The opening line is typical of the public image you have. SC's need to take note of how you engage with the fan in the street, and as usual its with a level of arrogance that suits you.

YOU are meeting with the SC's to see how YOU can work more closely with them. Once again the arrogance rips right out of you. From what i'm told at least 2 of the SC's don't share the opinion you should be working with them at all.

YOU do see yourselves as directors of SC's, it been constant on here since the idea was originally aired (and hijacked)

YOU have effectively barred anyone who does not represent a SC from the meeting. SC's do not represent all the fans either. To have an exclusive meeting, directed by the GMST, proves you want your cake and to eat it.

A Q&A with Moore is all well and good, but the initiual meeting should be an open meeting, many of the folk that run SC's do not post on here, nor do they even think themselves as repesenting the aspirations of the membership.

YOU are ducking the public once again to make sure the Trust doesn't get a grilling for its ideas.

WHY are you even involved in this, your org has dragged the name of Morton through the gutter the past 2 years.

I don't care how many meetings are being held, the idea was suggested on here and to then exclude individuals from attending smacks of the sheer arrogance that courses throughout the trust. So you meet with the SC's, get an agreement, then have another meeting about more 'general issues'!!! That says it all. What gives you the right to think you have the power to dictate to fans?

Taking the initiative and wanting to direct are two different aspects, I feared the trust would attempt to take centre stage (depsite respresenting 2% of Morton fans) and so it has proved to be the case.

I look forward to contributing to the diddy meeting for all us not considered important enough to attend the initial one.

BTW, the SC's are not really SC's, they are travel clubs in the main ran out of pubs.

If I walk up to Chaplins or the George (who have both asked my in the recent year to run a supporters bus but which I just don't have the time to do at the moment) and take up their offer today, create a new travel club, can I then attend the initial meeting??

Everyone else, enjoyed all the none contributions, some of you have done exactly as I expected and it shows the disregard many of you have for Mortons future. Roll on though, if it makes you happy. :)

You're absolutely right...we're ducking the public, by making a commitment to holding a public meeting in the near future.

You're absolutely right...we're ducking the public, by making a commitment to holding a public meeting in the near future.

Yip, after you have dictated the agenda at the 'first' meeting. Very democratic.

With your history, and possibly future (GMST I mean by that), you have no right discussing anything about Mortons future with anyone.

I hope the SC's are aware you have already had discussions on how this will pan out. Its plain to see that the Trust seen this opportunity to connect again with the Morton support and to become the main driver behind this idea (not of their own), it won't, its simple, no one trusts GMST to do anything that doesn't include self promotion.

If we ever had another fight like the one we had with Scott I hope for goodness sake the current trust commitee are nowhere near it or we are well and truly doomed. I thought the last lot where bad (which clearly by posts on here from several loan note holders they were) and thought maybe you lot would turn over a new leaf but when you have the prospective new chairman (now chairman) pm'ing folk telling them not to ask this, or to do that its clear the air of arrogance and perception of 'haud yer wheesht' still prevails.

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

Fair enough, but there are three groups who have confirmed that they'll be at the meeting. If the other groups (or some of those at the meeting) don't want to work together that's up to them.

Erm, no we don't! We've simply offered to convene a meeting.

No it doesn't - it is simply not the case that this is a fans' meeting to which the fans are not invited. It's a meeting designed to see if/how the SCs and Trust can work more closely together. There will ALSO be a fans' meeting. To be honest, if anyone else wants to come to the meeting I don't have any real problem with that.

The initial fans' meeting WILL be an open one. This is a DIFFERENT meeting: one about the relationship between SCs and the Trust.

Yes, however at least three clubs will be represented at the upcoming rescheduled meeting.

Yep - ducking the public by holding a public meeting to which anyone with an interest is welcome to attend.

I don't care how many meetings are being held, the idea was suggested on here and to then exclude individuals from attending smacks of the sheer arrogance that courses throughout the trust.

Again, you are confusing two things. The meeting we're about to have was not suggested here, it was suggested at the AGM - it is a meeting between the Trust and SCs to see how we can work together. However, if the fans' meeting was suggested on here first then go ahead and convene one. It's a great idea. We are happy to convene one, and are making arrangements to do just that. However, there's nothing stopping, and has been nothing stopping, you or other fans calling a meeting. EDIT TO ADD: No one is under any illusions about the last two years - however, in that time we've also donated £8500 to Morton Youth Development, which isn't to be sniffed at, and our relationship with the Club is as good at as it has been for some time.

So you meet with the SC's, get an agreement, then have another meeting about more 'general issues'!!! That says it all. What gives you the right to think you have the power to dictate to fans?

Lol. Just lol. Who is saying anything about dictating to fans? The two meetings are wholly distinct. We are not looking for an agreement with SCs on how Morton fans can unite, we're looking for ways in which GMST and SCs can work together. The fans' meeting is a different thing altogether.

We don't want to direct it. Who said that? You are about the only person who has suggested that so far as I can tell.

You're a prescious little flower aren't you!? The initial meeting is between GMST and SCs for a specific purpose. If you want to contribute to that, come along. I have no problem with that whatsoever.

Yes. You can attend even if you don't.

At this meeting will you be bestowing the virtues of the Trust ? Looks like a recruitment drive from where I'm standing. We need to speak with one voice.

Forgive me but in my opinion the Trust has done nothing noteworthy but buy a few shares which in todays money are worth feck all and saved Dougie a few quid on buying strips for the youth team.

Will the Trust be working with Dougie ? Despite it being a one way street and Dougie calling the shots.

For those who criticise the folk who ask questions of the Trust I will ask what influence will this have on DDFR will it mean two co-opted members of the Trust on the GMFC board instead of the one.

Even if you do get on board your new chairman has already stated that he would be duty bound by confidentiality not to reveal GMFC board room decisions. Something even a former Trust rep nearly choked at !! So excuse me if I don't get all that excited about that possibility

So again which side of the fence will the trust be sitting on.

We don't have a say in the club. We don't know what will happen when Dougie stands down and we won't be told until such times when that happens.

The club is running at an unsustainable level but who made that decision ?

You can organise meetings with travel clubs by invitation or invite the whole support , except those who you have banned obviously and talk all day.

Any decision will be made by Dougie , who only talks on his terms.

Yip, after you have dictated the agenda at the 'first' meeting. Very democratic.

Nonsense: the two meetings are distinct.

With your history, and possibly future (GMST I mean by that), you have no right discussing anything about Mortons future with anyone.

We are the clubs second largest shareholder, and have a mandate from our members. In addition, three of five SCs have indicated that they'll attend the meeting. And you call us arrogant!?

I hope the SC's are aware you have already had discussions on how this will pan out. Its plain to see that the Trust seen this opportunity to connect again with the Morton support and to become the main driver behind this idea (not of their own), it won't, its simple, no one trusts GMST to do anything that doesn't include self promotion.

We have not - how can we predict what the SCs will bring to the table? Of course we have ideas we'd like to put on the table, but those are for discussion at the meeting, along with anything the SCs bring.

If we ever had another fight like the one we had with Scott I hope for goodness sake the current trust commitee are nowhere near it or we are well and truly doomed. I thought the last lot where bad (which clearly by posts on here from several loan note holders they were) and thought maybe you lot would turn over a new leaf but when you have the prospective new chairman (now chairman) pm'ing folk telling them not to ask this, or to do that its clear the air of arrogance and perception of 'haud yer wheesht' still prevails.

I'll need to take your workd for it on PMs, I have no knowledge about that.

I'm getting a bit confused here, probably not for the first time.

If the trust organise a public meeting they're directing the agenda. If they don't, they're ducking the independent fan while having their cake and eating it :unsure:

If you don't trust the trust or the travel clubs to organise a meeting for Morton fans then who should?

Any decision will be made by Dougie , who only talks on his terms.

This is pretty much true, because he's in charge of the controlling shares. But it doesn't mean that there is zero room for manouevre. It would be possible to disagree with him, refuse a request of his etc. I see what you're saying but at the same time there's little sense in giving up without trying.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived