Rangers Tax Case - Page 19 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Rangers Tax Case

Then they should test the market. Not stitch up an insider deal.

Duff and Phelps argument of course is that they had the thing open to the market for 4 months and Green's was the best offer in town!

I am not sure, though, that they did anything other than try to sell the thing lock stock and barrel. I am not sure that a break up sale of the assets individually was tested to see if that brought more!

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but it just struck me

Rangers are now no more

But are still waiting on the sanctions from the SFA this includes expulsion form the SFA.

Can the rangers (new Co) apply for membership in the SPL as a new co?

This would mean that they get in the SPL without European sanctions

or have I picked this up wrong

I am dyslexic and I am getting tired of your shirt

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but it just struck me

Rangers are now no more

But are still waiting on the sanctions from the SFA this includes expulsion form the SFA.

Can the rangers (new Co) apply for membership in the SPL as a new co?

This would mean that they get in the SPL without European sanctions

or have I picked this up wrong

You need to be registered with UEFA for three years before playing in Europe as far as I know so its not really a ban as such and they can't play even if they get no sanctions at all.

Ludicrious situation like turkeys voting for Christmas. If they are liquidated how can they have a vote if they don't exist .

Probably a bit like all the dead people who vote Labour.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Ludicrious situation like turkeys voting for Christmas. If they are liquidated how can they have a vote if they don't exist .

Walter Smith now leading a group trying to buy their assets.

1. Where was he before?

2. He helped get them into this mess and must have known about double contracts, etc

3. All of these bids for assets mean there isn't a team for longer than it looked like before. As it stands the SPL has 11 clubs so if this fire sale takes longer (and I would assume it will now liquidators are involved) the league space will need to be filled so could it be gone by the time there is a Rangers 2012 FC?

Walter Smith now leading a group trying to buy their assets.

1. Where was he before?

2. He helped get them into this mess and must have known about double contracts, etc

3. All of these bids for assets mean there isn't a team for longer than it looked like before. As it stands the SPL has 11 clubs so if this fire sale takes longer (and I would assume it will now liquidators are involved) the league space will need to be filled so could it be gone by the time there is a Rangers 2012 FC?

All those who have been potential bidders have all had a temporary outlook with the perception there would be a big investor coming over the horizon in a few years time, delusional.

It wasn't really Smith's field of expertise EBT but guys like Campbell Ogilvie have no excuse.

Except that some people actually consider their vote but I forgot most staunch SNP backers can't accept that.

I was meaning the dead people whose postal votes were cast on their behalf by the Labour Party. Electoral fraud. It was a jocular analogy to Rangers being dead but still getting a vote.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

I was meaning the dead people whose postal votes were cast on their behalf by the Labour Party. Electoral fraud. It was a jocular analogy to Rangers being dead but still getting a vote.

Really ? Still ? How do you walk with those chips on your shooders ?

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

Is it not because the remaining part of the company has not been liquidated yet and the vote will take place before that happens and so Rangers will still be registered in the SPL?

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

Nah....Jim McColl and Douglas Park

That's the plan then - take Hamilton's place in SFL1...

That's the plan then - take Hamilton's place in SFL1...

I'm assuming you're saying it in jest, but I wouldn't say that's particularly unrealistic, although don't expect Hamilton to be their target. It was a few weeks/months ago I posted on here a possible scenario. Should they fail to gain a place in the SPL, buying a place in the First Division wouldn't be too difficult given that Donald Findlay is the Cowdenbeath chairman, they are due to move out of Central Park in the summer with no home to call their own and only have around 400 supporters to upset. I'd be really concerned if I were a Cowden fan.

I'm assuming you're saying it in jest, but I wouldn't say that's particularly unrealistic, although don't expect Hamilton to be their target. It was a few weeks/months ago I posted on here a possible scenario. Should they fail to gain a place in the SPL, buying a place in the First Division wouldn't be too difficult given that Donald Findlay is the Cowdenbeath chairman, they are due to move out of Central Park in the summer with no home to call their own and only have around 400 supporters to upset. I'd be really concerned if I were a Cowden fan.

I was indeed saying it in jest, but regarding the possibility of a Trojan horse being bought, there was a group of dodgy characters sniffing around various clubs a few weeks ago - Raith Rovers first, then Queen of the South and then as they lowered their stands, St Mirren. The group was called something like Promedia or Prosports IIRC. I thought at the time that it seemed slightly odd and wondered if it was part of a plan to find a backdoor route into the SFL or SPL. I certainly wouldn't rule it out, and as the Beath are in division 1 now, that would save a couple of years in the trek back to the SPL.

Archived