Where Has - Page 2 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Where Has

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If people don't like how the mods act then go set up your own wee forum/blog and post to your hearts content!

Insightful and thought provoking post there wee fella. Well done, be very, very pwoud of yourself and have a Blue Peter badge.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

So you wont be going then I take it? Well either put-up, or shut up.

And I'd like a gold badge please! :blush:

One thing i'm not short of on here. :lol:

wooden badge for you i'm afraid.

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

WHO CARES

Cared enough to post who cares!!

Is he not the club photographer who also sells the un-official Morton DVD's? (Old Sportscene/Scotsport etc I think)

http://www.tontastic.com/products.html

Whatever, he is NOT the site owner!! :lol:

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

Where's Newton when we need him. At least he was truth and facts unlike the boring s*** for brains on here now. too many mods and do good two faced fukz on here now than member users bring back Eddie McScrowel all is forgiven :ph34r:

eat drink and be merry for tommorrow you may be radioiactive

Tontastic hosts the site on this server, although for the life of me I don't know why.

The owner of the site is somewhere in Australia and not responding to emails or pm's or Facebook.I assume it will stay that way till TT gets pissed off with it and cuts it loose.

Newton

Yet again people couldn't behave themselves. We received several complaints that the very stuff we were trying to keep off this board, namely the 79 night, was yet again starting to rear it's ugly head, despite an excellent thread being in place for the previous ten or so pages. They have been preserved and can be reposted at a later date. For those still interested in talking about that night please use The Trust forum, link pinned on this page or see manikdok.blogspot.

For those not happy with this decision please post your indignation here, or else contact Tontastic to take over modding duties, which I will happily relinquish if a new incumbent comes forward.

But this board isn't going to be the Montessori for weans that should know better.

When the court case is done, normal service, and posting rights will be resumed.

That is all.

The GMST and all its previous good intentions are now synonymous with the "Stars of 79" night whether the board members and directors like it or not, it was a fiasco and by an inept and badly organised group of people and there is no getting away from it. The name of the organisation will forever be stained with it for as long as the GMST exists as a result, and to try and censor your way out of it is nothing short of ludicrous.

In the same respect, Royal Bank of Scotland will forever be synonymous with the 2008 Credit Crisis and its fall-out which lead to the deepest recession that the UK has faced since WW2, there is no rush of people telling others to "move on" or conveniently forget about it because its suits them for you to do so, and remember the guargantuan profits it made and taxes it paid on its road to ruin. And in the same way, Adolf Hitler is not remembered for uniting a demoralised and disillusioned Germany after WW1 and restoring a sense of pride, however he will always be remembered for the genocide and attrocities commited during his reign.

It is the same with the GMST, it was set up in good intentions but it has foundered on a shambles which was the fallout of "The Stars of 79" night due to bad management and personal differences, and if any conversation was to go down that road then it is the natural course for that conversation, whether you approve or not, and more to the point whether the GMST approves or not.

You are showing yourself uo as a Patsy for the GMST, trying to censor valid points and opinion which are very often well deserved because they dont approve. And i noticed you let Chris McCorkindale put his points across before the punters got their right of reply in, very convenient of you.

*insert signature here*

The GMST and all its previous good intentions are now synonymous with the "Stars of 79" night whether the board members and directors like it or not, it was a fiasco and by an inept and badly organised group of people and there is no getting away from it. The name of the organisation will forever be stained with it for as long as the GMST exists as a result, and to try and censor your way out of it is nothing short of ludicrous.

In the same respect, Royal Bank of Scotland will forever be synonymous with the 2008 Credit Crisis and its fall-out which lead to the deepest recession that the UK has faced since WW2, there is no rush of people telling others to "move on" or conveniently forget about it because its suits them for you to do so, and remember the guargantuan profits it made and taxes it paid on its road to ruin. And in the same way, Adolf Hitler is not remembered for uniting a demoralised and disillusioned Germany after WW1 and restoring a sense of pride, however he will always be remembered for the genocide and attrocities commited during his reign.

It is the same with the GMST, it was set up in good intentions but it has foundered on a shambles which was the fallout of "The Stars of 79" night due to bad management and personal differences, and if any conversation was to go down that road then it is the natural course for that conversation, whether you approve or not, and more to the point whether the GMST approves or not.

You are showing yourself uo as a Patsy for the GMST, trying to censor valid points and opinion which are very often well deserved because they dont approve. And i noticed you let Chris McCorkindale put his points across before the punters got their right of reply in, very convenient of you.

Yup, a handful of prople falling out over a few hundred pounds will always be synonymous with global economic meltdown and the rise and fall of the third reich.

Some sense of perspective you've got there. :1eye:

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

Yup, a handful of prople falling out over a few hundred pounds will always be synonymous with global economic meltdown and the rise and fall of the third reich.

Some sense of perspective you've got there. :1eye:

Well, nobody focuses much on the successful aspects of RBS or indeed the Third Reich, because the negative and indeed the downright disgraceful events far outweigh and indeed overwhelm these attributes.

Unless the GMST can go on to solve world malnutrition and develop a cure for cancer, or on a more believable scale, aide Morton in some way to win the UEFA Champions League, they will always be tainted in the eyes of the many as the organisation who made a complete shambles of a well subscribed event which lead to monies being lost and directors, board members and organisers behaving in an indignant manner which ended up as a costly legal dispute for the concerned parties.

There is no getting away from that, and the Morton support in general will not conveniently move on because it suits the GMST for them to do so.

*insert signature here*

Oh FFS, I can't win.

Let people talk about the Trust and I'm condoning or siding with the Trust.

Stop them talking about the Trust and I'm condoning or siding with the Trust.

Once again, let me be 100% clear - I am not a member of the Trust, I don't support the Trust in any way, and I can't see me joining the Trust anytime soon. There's lots of changes to be made before I'd be back, but I am forever hopeful that the people who put in their time voluntarily to try and shape the Trust can (yet again) make it work this time. When or if they do I'd applaud them, till then it's not for me.

The Trust has its own forum (of which I am a member) where all matters Trust and '79 can be discussed without fear nor favour.

The good doc has his blog for an alternative view of the world.

So right now, like it or not, matters Trust are not welcomed on this board. The last two threads started on it were starting to show a maturity which suggested people could move on - but sadly this didn't last.

So the rules are simple - no Trust talk on here.

Again, this is YOUR board, not mine - so if you think that is an unreasonable stance please contact TT who will no doubt either back that stance or decide otherwise. I am at pains to say I'll happpily move aside as a mod on here - your board, your mods.

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

Oh FFS, I can't win.

Let people talk about the Trust and I'm condoning or siding with the Trust.

Stop them talking about the Trust and I'm condoning or siding with the Trust.

Once again, let me be 100% clear - I am not a member of the Trust, I don't support the Trust in any way, and I can't see me joining the Trust anytime soon. There's lots of changes to be made before I'd be back, but I am forever hopeful that the people who put in their time voluntarily to try and shape the Trust can (yet again) make it work this time. When or if they do I'd applaud them, till then it's not for me.

The Trust has its own forum (of which I am a member) where all matters Trust and '79 can be discussed without fear nor favour.

The good doc has his blog for an alternative view of the world.

So right now, like it or not, matters Trust are not welcomed on this board. The last two threads started on it were starting to show a maturity which suggested people could move on - but sadly this didn't last.

So the rules are simple - no Trust talk on here.

Again, this is YOUR board, not mine - so if you think that is an unreasonable stance please contact TT who will no doubt either back that stance or decide otherwise. I am at pains to say I'll happpily move aside as a mod on here - your board, your mods.

So lettuce see, your saying:

this is YOUR board, not mine

but its not our decision to discuss what we want to discuss on here, is it? :rolleyes:

The GMST seem to use this board whenever it suits them for their own aims, however anything that is less than 100% complimentary or mentions the "Stars of 79" debacle seems to get censored at the request of those concened within the GMST. The GMST may have their own forum, but it is exclusively for members only and non members cannot join, so the natural place for non-members to discuss this organisation which uses the name of "Greenock Morton" for trading and fundraising purposes is the website which declares itself as the "Unofficial Online Home of the Ton".

On the "Unofficial Online Home of the Ton" however we can seem to discuss everything else from Games, Players, Former Players right through to Catholic Schools and everything seems to be fair game, with the exception of the precious GMST, why is that?

*insert signature here*

but its not our decision to discuss what we want to discuss on here, is it? :rolleyes:

The GMST seem to use this board whenever it suits them for their own aims, however anything that is less than 100% complimentary or mentions the "Stars of 79" debacle seems to get censored at the request of those concened within the GMST. The GMST may have their own forum, but it is exclusively for members only and non members cannot join, so the natural place for non-members to discuss this organisation which uses the name of "Greenock Morton" for trading and fundraising purposes is the website which declares itself as the "Unofficial Online Home of the Ton".

On the "Unofficial Online Home of the Ton" however we can seem to discuss everything else from Games, Players, Former Players right through to Catholic Schools and everything seems to be fair game, with the exception of the precious GMST, why is that?

Its quite simple

Commenting on the Stars thing could interfere with an outstanding court case

The trust forum is NOT exclusively for members , We only ask that you use your own name and not hide behing a user name .

What aims have the trust been using this site for ? Apart from answering questions asked of them

yes_to_a_just_scotland_cover.jpg?itok=zU

Quite simply because the vast majority of complaints we ever received were over threads being continually dragged down because of that night. The people who viewed the old Trust forum on here was less than 5% of the population of the board. The silent majority became vocal and were complaining that their enjoyment of the board was being spoiled by the actions of a handful of people.

I took a decision to stop that happening. I stand by that decision.

It IS your board, so like everything else, should you feel my stance is unfair please report it to the correct person, who is the current site host TT, and he will make a decision based on people's feedback I'm sure.

I have no hankering to be a mod on here for anything other than trying to keep the site ticking over - if someone else would like a spin at it I genuinely would step aside no bother. That is not intended to be a cue for people to say "yeah feck off" or "oh, please stay", just a true summing up of the situation.

So why did I make the decision we can't talk about it ? Cos that's what the majority of folks wanted. Nothing to do with my personal wishes I'm afraid.

Just to add - anyone can join The Trust forum - you DON'T have to be a member - you do have to use your own name, which is fine by me. I am a member of that forum but not a member of the Trust, I'm sure there's plenty more like me.

Its quite simple

Commenting on the Stars thing could interfere with an outstanding court case

The trust forum is NOT exclusively for members , We only ask that you use your own name and not hide behing a user name .

Okay then, what about if myself or any other member wishes to discuss the GMST but doesn't wish to join the GMST or its forum, or indeed wish for anything to do with them?

The "Unofficial Online Home of The Ton" is and should be the place where these things discussed.

What aims have the trust been using this site for ? Apart from answering questions asked of them

Ah, you appear to be one of the ones that have conveniently forgotten about the events which have lead up to the "stars of 79" night, it was all over this messageboard for weeks leading up to the event. The GMST had traditionally used this forum and its predecessors as a way of promoting events to the Morton support, and even after the fallout of the "stars of 79" night, the GMST board members used this website as a way for telling Morton supporters their version of events, and as a proxy for a Kangaroo Court for one of the individuals concerned.

Does that answer that question for you?

*insert signature here*

Archived