The World Famous Tartan Army (c) Accused Of Racism - Page 2 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The World Famous Tartan Army (c) Accused Of Racism

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought we'd knocked that silly little comeback on its head quite some time ago.

No chance, anything involving wummen and willies is always a suitable retort!

Run Silent, Run Deep...

"Men who go to sea in Submarines are nothing but pirates in His Majesties uniform" Admiral of the Fleet Lord Jellicoe

I thought we'd knocked that silly little comeback on its head quite some time ago.

"knocking it on the head" doesn't constitute losing your virginity. ;)

"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right......."

Four tedious comebacks and yet not one of them is even accurate. This place really is going to the dogs.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Four tedious comebacks and yet not one of them is even accurate. This place really is going to the dogs.

:lol: Methinks he doth protest too much - but if he really HAS lost his cherry, HE'S been going to the dogs too.......

.......and incidentally, having read back, all four comments are entirely accurate and factual. So much for that "award-winning factual analysis"....... maybe you lose that when you're flustered.

"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right......."

Correct. He was booed for twice feining injury, plain and simple. If he had been white he would have got exactly the same abuse, and rightly so. To suggest the booing he recieved was racial abuse when all the other players in the Brazilian team were also black and weren't booed is laughable.

The saddest thing about this whole 'incident' is that by playing the race card here, when it was obviously no such thing, he's doing a huge disservice to the cause of stamping out genuine racism from the game.

Couldn't agree more. I was there, I booed him and I couldn't care less what colour his skin is, I booed him because in my opinion he cheated.

Nice to see you neatly filing thousands of people's motives into one catch-all. Do you have the evidence for this?

He has the evidence of his own motives and presumably he like me heard loads of people calling him a cheating wee Ba****d and nobody making any comment or slur relating to the colour of his skin.

The reality is your belief that there is no racism involved is as, not more, valid as someone else's belief that there was an element of racism.

Several people who were involved in the booing have come out and stated categorically that there was no element of racism involved. The evidence of those present, and the abscence of evidence to the contrary, makes his belief more valid than the opposite view.

I think a proper investigation would rely on more than your eyewitness judgement tbh, you're flattering yourself.

Indeed I can't think what fans like yourself would have to lose by that.

Believe me, if I thought for a microsecond that there was even a suggestion that the booing was racially motivated then I'd be at the front of the queue demanding an investigation. I'd be outraged and ashamed to call myself a Scotland fan.

But the facts here are simple. No other black player in a team packed full of black players was booed. The player in question was not booed until he feined injury for a second time within the space of a couple of minutes. He was booed for his unsporting behaviour, no more, no less.

I obviously can't speak for black footballers who suffer genuine racism, but I strongly suspect the vast majority of them don't want special treatment, just equality. Indeed, to treat them differently would in itself be a form of inverted racism that I suspect they'd find patronising at best and offensive at worst. If you want to keep banging the racism drum on this one then batter on, but crying wolf like this is totally counter productive and just makes stamping out genuine racism in football all the more difficult.

It's pretty obvious just from reading about it that it's absolute bollocks. He was surprised to be booed as he was taking a spot kick, and was surprised to be booed after spending a long while on the ground? He's put 2+2 together and got about 3000.

Away from the whole racism non-story, how long before he's at City or Madrid? :rolleyes:

TTG JIM!!!

Believe me, if I thought for a microsecond that there was even a suggestion that the booing was racially motivated then I'd be at the front of the queue demanding an investigation. I'd be outraged and ashamed to call myself a Scotland fan.

But the facts here are simple. No other black player in a team packed full of black players was booed. The player in question was not booed until he feined injury for a second time within the space of a couple of minutes. He was booed for his unsporting behaviour, no more, no less.

I obviously can't speak for black footballers who suffer genuine racism, but I strongly suspect the vast majority of them don't want special treatment, just equality. Indeed, to treat them differently would in itself be a form of inverted racism that I suspect they'd find patronising at best and offensive at worst. If you want to keep banging the racism drum on this one then batter on, but crying wolf like this is totally counter productive and just makes stamping out genuine racism in football all the more difficult.

Totally agree with above. I boo'ed him cause of the kid on injury. whatever was thrown in was from the Brazil. side and if there had been any racist problems there would have been trouble outside, there was only 2Scottish fans arrested.

Away from the whole racism non-story, how long before he's at City or Madrid? :rolleyes:

He's a brilliant player by the way - unbelievable prospect - he'll be a star of that there is no doubt. I'd certainly be prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt and put his petualance during and after the game down to inexperience and immaturity.

Cart before the horse. Surely you investigate and then establish that there was no racism involved?

That's about the sum of my point here, you can't dismiss allegations of this nature without investigating.

and if there had been any racist problems there would have been trouble outside, there was only 2Scottish fans arrested.

Why would racism inside a ground lead automatically to unrest outside one? The two are not in any way proportional.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Cart before the horse. Surely you investigate and then establish that there was no racism involved?

That's about the sum of my point here, you can't dismiss allegations of this nature without investigating.

Why would racism inside a ground lead automatically to unrest outside one? The two are not in any way proportional.

Think you are missing the point. From anyone who watched or was at the game they all agree that there was no racism behind the booing.

If the banana thing was racially motivated then it should be dealt with and looked at seperately.

Think you are missing the point. From anyone who watched or was at the game they all agree that there was no racism behind the booing.

Apart from the person who claims they were a victim of racism. So it should be investigated.

Im sure most of you are correct that the booing was nothing to do with racism and everything to do with Neymar being a cheating wee bawbag with a lesbian hair do.

However, someone did throw a banana onto the pitch, which is a blatantly racist thing to do. Find a picture of a Brazilian fan throwing the banana and case closed.

One of the TA 'spokesmen' today claimed there wasnt a banana thrown onto the pitch at all! thats hardly helpful.

I want a pretentious signature too.

Apart from the person who claims they were a victim of racism. So it should be investigated.

and then quickly dismissed as the bulls*** it quite rightly is?

the banana thing could be worthy of investigation, but as was mentioned before, it came from the brazil end of the ground.

How the fck is a banana racist btw? I threw a banana at someone once. I wasn't being racist, I just thought he was a ****.

That video also shows an overwhelming majority of Brazil fans in that part of the ground. If it was one odd Scotland fan in there then chances are some Brazilian would've seen it and reported it :rolleyes:

As I say, it's pretty clear from just reading the thing that it's a lot of nonsense.

No surprise vikingtwat goes against the thinking of the majority though.

TTG JIM!!!

We shouldn't be 'quickly' dismissing anything until the full evidence is gathered. Some people seem to have a problem with that fair process and prefer the clown court of public opinion to take the lead.

the banana thing could be worthy of investigation, but as was mentioned before, it came from the brazil end of the ground.

Is anyone else a bit uncomfortable with that as an argument that it wasnt a scotland fan? its not as if it was completely segregated was it? And for the life of me i cant imagine that a Brazilian fan in a surge of joy that his team scored a penalty throws a banana at the scorer. Just doesnt ring true.

My bet is a racist scotsman through the fruit. That doesnt mean that Scotland fans are racist, it means that one of them is.

I want a pretentious signature too.

Archived