Scotland V Brazil? - Page 3 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Scotland V Brazil?

Maybe the friendliest, but a game in England will just attract wallopers who are all ignoramuses pished in Trafalgar Square singing anti English songs embarrassing our country in front of tourists from all over the world. I just flew back from Whitehall today and I must have seen/heard 10 different nationalities in the Nelsons Column area. As for the "TA" comment - the term "Tartan Army" does ma box in as well! Ask anybody who was in Dublin what the N Ire hingers on were like...

What like this lot Paddy boy.

Tourists??

I get your point though, last time down there was indeed a fair few eejits around baiting what they probably thought was locals, but as we all know a local in London is a foreigner now. :rolleyes: But in the main most where well behaved and a credit to Scotland and many folk where not intimidated and indeed large numbers of office workers came and chatted away to folk. Can't account for every clown pal.

Tartan Army doesn't bother me in the slightest, just a daft word the press started to use which most now see as a harmless term. I do agree though about the NI eejits, after walking to the ground with good lads from NI who only wanted to support their team, and to see the sheer disappointment in their faces when the erses up from the ground started with the Sash etc said it all to me, these idiots were not welcome at all by the majority of NI fans.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep, I'd just left the area then, they were efter me!

If the TA, (oops sorry) the Scotland fans decend on Trafalgar Square maybe we (oops they) will improve the image somewhat. :P

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

What like this lot Paddy boy.

Tourists??

I get your point though, last time down there was indeed a fair few eejits around baiting what they probably thought was locals, but as we all know a local in London is a foreigner now. :rolleyes: But in the main most where well behaved and a credit to Scotland and many folk where not intimidated and indeed large numbers of office workers came and chatted away to folk. Can't account for every clown pal.

Tartan Army doesn't bother me in the slightest, just a daft word the press started to use which most now see as a harmless term. I do agree though about the NI eejits, after walking to the ground with good lads from NI who only wanted to support their team, and to see the sheer disappointment in their faces when the erses up from the ground started with the Sash etc said it all to me, these idiots were not welcome at all by the majority of NI fans.

You'll be glad to know the Irish FA are dealing with the issue.

Got to say our experience of the Northern Ireland fans this time round was similar to your own in the pub we were in and we managed to avoid any of the carry on after the game, to the extent we only read the headlines the next morning and that was all we knew.

Whilst having only ever travelled through England for Scotland games and not having been to one in our neighbour's backyard I suppose this would be the sort of game that would show our fans in a worse light than most others, especially with the amount of tickets we've been allocated. Here's hoping it'll be fine and drunkenness will be the worst problem.

Anyway, I've managed to book myself on the 1815 overnight bus from Inverness to Victoria so I can get to both the Ross County and Brazil games that weekend- I'll be a shattered, stinking wreck by the time I get home!!!

You'll be glad to know the Irish FA are dealing with the issue.

Got to say our experience of the Northern Ireland fans this time round was similar to your own in the pub we were in and we managed to avoid any of the carry on after the game, to the extent we only read the headlines the next morning and that was all we knew.

Whilst having only ever travelled through England for Scotland games and not having been to one in our neighbour's backyard I suppose this would be the sort of game that would show our fans in a worse light than most others, especially with the amount of tickets we've been allocated. Here's hoping it'll be fine and drunkenness will be the worst problem.

Anyway, I've managed to book myself on the 1815 overnight bus from Inverness to Victoria so I can get to both the Ross County and Brazil games that weekend- I'll be a shattered, stinking wreck by the time I get home!!!

Toby, did you check if there was maybe a bus going to the game from up that way?

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

Toby, did you check if there was maybe a bus going to the game from up that way?

Na mate, that crossed my mind but would be a pain in the arse trying to find somewhere to get dropped off if they would've been going back to Inverness. Just getting the Gourock bus up the road as they leave after the game and I'll be in no fit state for a night out in London. Only cost me £18.50 so if a better option comes up, I'll not cry about losing that sort of money.

Do you get points from the travel club for going to this one?

I'm going with a few mates who aren't members but wouldn't want to miss out on an easy point just to sit with them since only joined last year and not got any yet!

You get a point for every away match you attend. This is Brazil's home match.

Also, Arsenal will be handling the public sale.

"In a country lacerated by the sharp shards of broken brown-eyed promises, in a world bent low by the burden of disease, war and the price of Thunderbird, who is left to make full account of God and Britain's depleted moral mini bar? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar!"

Do you get points from the travel club for going to this one?

I'm going with a few mates who aren't members but wouldn't want to miss out on an easy point just to sit with them since only joined last year and not got any yet!

If you want the point you'll have to buy the ticket through the SSC so best taking the hit of not sitting with your mates I'm afraid.

If you want the point you'll have to buy the ticket through the SSC so best taking the hit of not sitting with your mates I'm afraid.

Cheers - wasn't sure if this was definitely classed as an away match!

Know a few people going in travel club anyway :)

For anyone travelling who is not a member of the SSC the following may be of interest.

Arsenal.com

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

I see one of those Northern irish fans who were causing bother is a player with Ballymena Utd

BBC Northern Ireland

The only input I had to the erses from Ulster was to intervene outside the pub on route to the ground (where the decent NI fans were ashamed) and tell them, much to their confusion, that the bouncy they where doing was in fact a Morton song. Talk about the lights are on but nobody is at home, completely glaiket coupons.

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

Got mine today via o2 priority which just seems to divert you to the Arsenal website, I think if you sign up to their site you can buy them now rather than waiting til Monday, pick where you want in Stadium.

Pals from Falkirk got ours via SSC so we are all sitting together, but typical of them they took the cheapest they could get their hands on. :P

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

Pals from Falkirk got ours via SSC so we are all sitting together, but typical of them they took the cheapest they could get their hands on. :P

Same here, thirty quid seats for us, Handsome the tight wad booked them!

Run Silent, Run Deep...

"Men who go to sea in Submarines are nothing but pirates in His Majesties uniform" Admiral of the Fleet Lord Jellicoe

Cheers - wasn't sure if this was definitely classed as an away match!

Know a few people going in travel club anyway :)

Mates in travel club not going now - is there anyone in travel club in similar situation who would swap a ticket so its two in that section and two in public?

Cheers

Archived