Tgfitw - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Tgfitw

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fucking arseholes. I swear those cunts do my head in the more the years go on. It's a ****ing charity, bigotted dickheads.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Fucking arseholes. I swear those cunts do my head in the more the years go on. It's a ****ing charity, bigotted dickheads.

Excuse me, but what makes it bigoted? A protest against poppy's and British serviceman has hee haw to do with religion? Nah, thats right don't let that get in the way of a good story. Get it up you all, I will support the poppy appeal when we support the innocent victims of Britain's wars.

Excuse me, but what makes it bigoted? A protest against poppy's and British serviceman has hee haw to do with religion? Nah, thats right don't let that get in the way of a good story. Get it up you all, I will support the poppy appeal when we support the innocent victims of Britain's wars.

Bigotry = celtic fans, if you want to argue against that batter on. A protest against the poppy appeal, grow up idiot, would you be so against it if it was for breast cancer ? Some real clowns about these days.

A Celtic player back in WW1 was one of the first to win a VC, its only a small minority of fans, its happens in other teams as well tbh

Plus 2 young local lads who lost their lives recently were both Celtic fans and their families no doubt will wear their poppy's with pride next Sunday.

Bigotry = celtic fans, if you want to argue against that batter on. A protest against the poppy appeal, grow up idiot, would you be so against it if it was for breast cancer ? Some real clowns about these days.

Nope, I wouldn't. But show me a group of breast cancer victim's who murdered other people in the name of an "empire" and I will be happy to protest.

Here is some fascinating reading for you Dougie celtic fans

Edit to add that these people who feel the need to protest against illegal wars and murder in the name of an 'empire' have a close connection with the ira who are quite good at that themselves

According to the CAIN research project at the University of Ulster,[127]the Provisional IRA was responsible for the deaths of 1,824 people during the Troubles up to 2001. This figure represents 48.4 percent of the total fatalities in the conflict.

621 of these casualties were civilians.

Hypocrites ??

There's me thinking that the Poppy was worn all over the world well before WW2. In both wars millions perished military and civilians and not just countries from the EMPIRE.

Thousands of Irish servicemen and women have perished also. And they still serve to this day in different military units and not just the UK.

Poppy

There's me thinking that the Poppy was worn all over the world well before WW2. In both wars millions perished military and civilians and not just countries from the EMPIRE.

Thousands of Irish servicemen and women have perished also. And they still serve to this day in different military units and not just the UK.

Poppy

Yes, but war is war is war. I dont care who is involved. Innocent people died. And you know as well as I do that the Irish were used as cannon fodder in the Somme and in Flanders. But hey ho, you have your opinion and I have mine, lets be honest we will never agree.

But when I know that friends and family of mine were involved in this protest, I reserve my right to defend them against people who wish to call them bigots.

No matter what some Morton fans may lable me.

Yes, but war is war is war. I dont care who is involved. Innocent people died. And you know as well as I do that the Irish were used as cannon fodder in the Somme and in Flanders. But hey ho, you have your opinion and I have mine, lets be honest we will never agree.

But when I know that friends and family of mine were involved in this protest, I reserve my right to defend them against people who wish to call them bigots.

Aye yer spot on with that

Nope, I wouldn't. But show me a group of breast cancer victim's who murdered other people in the name of an "empire" and I will be happy to protest.

I'd bet that some of the people involved with those banners - not specifically your friends and family - aren't as principled about the murder of innocent victims when it comes to a certain terrorist group.

A Celtic player back in WW1 was one of the first to win a VC, its only a small minority of fans, its happens in other teams as well tbh

Plus 2 young local lads who lost their lives recently were both Celtic fans and their families no doubt will wear their poppy's with pride next Sunday.

Hmm. we always get that line trotted out as well, funny how we never hear the "decent majority" shouting them down or speaking out.

Scum the lot of them ! :angry:

The future just ain't what it used to be

Hmm. we always get that line trotted out as well, funny how we never hear the "decent majority" shouting them down or speaking out.

Scum the lot of them ! :angry:

Well i have to agree with that as well tbh and that goes for that other side also

The first line on the banner is from a song about the IRA is it not? They are either bigots or stupid or both. Missing out the "D" in bloodstained at least proves the stupid part.

Poppy

For me the Poppy is a mark of respect to those who died in the world wars.

In fairness to Dougie there's no doubt that the Labour Gov used the coffins of those coming home from Afghanistan and Iraq to deflect from the fact that these were extremely dubious campaigns.

It was a despicable tactic and it's only natural that there should be a backlash.

I can also understand the likes of Jon Snow when they talk about Poppy Facists.

Facists was a ridiculous exaggeration and I'm sure if Snow had his time over he might change the wording but over the past couple of years a kind of enforced remembrance has emerged that is too Americana for me and goes against the principles of remembrance in the first place.

I've bought my poppy this year but haven't worn it yet.

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

Cawston the Poppy has been around for a long long time, well before any present conflicts or recent one's, people dont wear a Poppy for the Govt's who send their troops to war but wear them to remember family,loved ones that didnt come back from any of them, i'm pretty sure all those who lost their lives in both World wars will be saying, what was the Morton score ;)

This has became yet another Celtic/Rangers point scoring contest and it is absolute nonsense!!

I have friends that are Celtic fans who are totally against wearing poppys.

I have friends that are Rangers fans who are totally for wearing poppys.

I am a Morton fan and i would wear a Poppy, nothing to do with religion, nothing to do with who i support but because i have respect for people who have died fighting.

FINAL ETERNITY AROUSES REACTIONS

FREEING EXCELLANCE AFFECTS REALITY

FALLEN EMPIRES ARE RULING

FIND EARTH AND REAP

Cawston the Poppy has been around for a long long time, well before any present conflicts or recent one's, people dont wear a Poppy for the Govt's who send their troops to war but wear them to remember family,loved ones that didnt come back from any of them, i'm pretty sure all those who lost their lives in both World wars will be saying, what was the Morton score ;)

My Great Uncle died on the Somme, if he was anything like the rest of my family he'd have been more interested in the Sellic score :(

Having said that we were some side around that time so maybe not :)

Remembrance is a personal thing Ghost, you can't mass prescribe it without lessening the importance.

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

Archived