St Mirren V Rangers 21st March League Cup Final - Page 2 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

St Mirren V Rangers 21st March League Cup Final

Do you want St Mirrent to win the League Cup?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want St Mirren to Win?

• Yes
    • No
    • Couldn't care less

how can some of you say you would rather st mirren beat rangers in tomorrows final, there our biggest rivals not the old firm,i can maybe agree if its a motherwell,hearts,dundee utd etc against old firm but not the skunks i hope they get fooked about 6,7-0 i am sick and tired of listening too them about 1987 never mind another success in my lifetime

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
St Mirren - and their supporters - were one of several clubs who came to our aid in the Save The Ton days.

Much as I hate them with every fibre of my body in a football rivalry way, they get my nod tomorrrow, as they are real supporters supporting a real team, and they have known the highs and the lows of the game.

They have a common understanding of what it's like to follow their home town team, and they carry none of that bigoted baggage with them, so for all those reasons I wish the dirty smelly Paisley ****s well.

Just don't tell the Grand Wizard Of Skunkery, Div, that I said that.

TonInDublin

I'd argue that there'll be more real supporters in the Mount Florida End of Hampden tomorrow. Horrible ****s, yes, but at least guys that go and watch their team on a regular basis, as opposed to the many glory hunters that'll be infesting the St Mirren end, some of whom have probably never even been to their shiny wee shoebox.

Que Mceleny calling me a currant bun :ph34r: .......

I would like them to get one over Rangers. Neither St Mirren or Morton have ever won the League Cup before.

Below is a video of St Mirren despatching the 'Ton on their way to picking up their last silverware in 1987. Video is not good quality.

When they won the Scottish Cup 23 years ago, that was the last time a team with all Scottish players won it.

Are you a St Mirren fan by any chance? I hope they get pumped, the scum have been all over the papers this week, funniest bit was one of the heroes from 87 moaning that he had to buy a ticket, he couldn't afford it out of his invalidity money. Sounds like he's got a lot in common with lots of the gloryhunters who'll be decked out in black and white tomorrow.

Voted no as we would never hear the end of it whereas the **** are expected to win and not really bothered if they do

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

TBH this is a classic example of more OF bashing. Would we want St.Mirren to win it if they were playing Hearts or something like that? I don't think so...

Why?

Rangers are the team I like least in the world, and I dislike three other Scottish teams more than I do St. Mirren (Celtic, Airdrie and Killie).

Saints wouldn't even make it into my top six most disliked teams after I include Birmingham City and whoever Steve Bruce manages (at the moment that would be Sunderland).

Cos they are our rivals and we are meant to hate them? Would Ayr fans want Killie to win if it was them playing tomorrow? How about Raith fans wanting Dunfermline to win?

:blink:

I think I'll dislike the teams I want to dislike thanks.

TBH this is a classic example of more OF bashing. Would we want St.Mirren to win it if they were playing Hearts or something like that? I don't think so..

I don't care about St. Mirren playing other sides. I have no feelings either way about them winning and losing. I happen to find Rangers to be a horrible club.

: )

I think I'll dislike the teams I want to dislike thanks.

Maybe a wrong choice of wording there, we are supposed to hate them. :blush:

I ain't telling anyone which team to like and what team not to like, but I thought in football rivalry you wanted your rivals to get beat and not win trophies/tournaments...

Saint Mirren Football Club. Historical rivals of Greenock Morton Football Club.

I don't care who they are playing, I hope they get well and truly ****ed.

I am big enough to admit I will be depressed if that lot win the cup. I still get shivers thinking aboput 87.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

Saint Mirren Football Club. Historical rivals of Greenock Morton Football Club.

I don't care who they are playing, I hope they get well and truly ****ed.

I am big enough to admit I will be depressed if that lot win the cup. I still get shivers thinking aboput 87.

You must have a really cushty life if something like that is going to get you depressed.

"To be the man, you gotta beat the man"

morton4rp5.png

Maybe a wrong choice of wording there, we are supposed to hate them. :blush:

I ain't telling anyone which team to like and what team not to like, but I thought in football rivalry you wanted your rivals to get beat and not win trophies/tournaments...

I used to care but I think we've been seperated league wise for so long that I've just stopped giving a toss.

all who want st mirren to beat rangers today , here is a question for you who will you be supporting on wed ?

when they are due to play celtic ? do you want them to win , that could help them stay for an another season in spl i for one as i have said before hope they get pumped today and wed and whoever they play against

I want St. Mirren to come down so as we can get the derby back on a regular basis. The atmosphere was always good, and it'd be nice to get that back and it might even trick some others along who had been staying away. So in that instance, I'd want St. Mirren to lose, but normally seeing the Old Firm lose is fun. If St. Mirren were safe, I wouldn't say I'd want them to win, but I'd sure have a giggle if Celtic lost.

Archived