Champions League Tonight - Page 3 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Champions League Tonight

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McManus & Grady could do a lot worse than to get the team to watch a recording of the Manchester Utd v AC Milan game tonight.

Entitled "How to win a Ball and take a Game by the Scruff of the Neck even when we are at Home and Ahead on Aggregate" starring Scholes, Fletcher, Valencia, Park and last but not least Neville for his magnificent harrying of the buck-toothed one. Spirit and determination written all over the guy.

Milan who looked dangerous early on, were frankly demoralised long before the end. A lesson as well for those in the Milan team who do not chase back when they've lost possession.

McManus & Grady could do a lot worse than to get the team to watch a recording of the Manchester Utd v AC Milan game tonight.

Entitled "How to win a Ball and take a Game by the Scruff of the Neck even when we are at Home and Ahead on Aggregate" starring Scholes, Fletcher, Valencia, Park and last but not least Neville for his magnificent harrying of the buck-toothed one. Spirit and determination written all over the guy.

Milan who looked dangerous early on, were frankly demoralised long before the end. A lesson as well for those in the Milan team who do not chase back when they've lost possession.

They could also watch a video of Barcelona doing exactly the same thing to Man U in last years final!

Man U did look good but I though Milan just looked like a team past their best.

They could also watch a video of Barcelona doing exactly the same thing to Man U in last years final!

Yes but not for the first 10 or 15 minutes which had quite a similar opening to last nights game. Manchester United coming out and playing very a high tempo pressing game and had they taken their couple of chances last May then it would have been a different game and I'm sure result, especially if Fletcher had been playing. Just wish he could be so influential in the dark blue. Meanwhile, The Ton just sit back and let players advance onto them, whereas teams like Manchester United (and plenty of our First Division opponents) get in and around their opponents and stop them getting forward and cut off as many outlets as possible.

Man U did look good but I though Milan just looked like a team past their best.

That's precisely what Ferguson and indeed any manager worth his weight in gold, would have dispelled any thoughts of prior to kick-off. It showed. You can only beat what's on the park.

MON E TON

RIP Chester City

Totally agree, Park was excellent and kept Pirlo out the game, which meant Milans central creative player was ineffective. Difference between the teams (apart from Rooney) was the determination and work rate. Everytime Man Utd lost the ball they worked hard to get it back, Nani and Valencia tracked back the whole game, where as Ronaldinho couldnt be bothered tracking back to stop Gary Neville getting forward with loads of space.

I thought Rooney, Park and Neville were outstanding.

But just how bad was the Milan goalkeeper?! :o

Dont think there was much he could do about the goals, the Milan defence left him very exposed. Rooneys header was excellent, his second the defence got caught running towards their own goal with a ball round the back, not much the keeper could to there.

Parks goal he couldve done a bit better, however, you could argue Park was allowed to turn and shoot far too easy in the Milan box.

Fletcher was unmarked at the back post for his goal, again not much he could really do about that.

Dont think there was much he could do about the goals, the Milan defence left him very exposed. Rooneys header was excellent, his second the defence got caught running towards their own goal with a ball round the back, not much the keeper could to there.

Parks goal he couldve done a bit better, however, you could argue Park was allowed to turn and shoot far too easy in the Milan box.

Fletcher was unmarked at the back post for his goal, again not much he could really do about that.

Agreed about the goals. I was thinking more about his flapping at crosses and poor distribution.

Agreed about the goals. I was thinking more about his flapping at crosses and poor distribution.

aye he didnt look the most confident of keepers when he was coming out for the ball.

dont think any keeper wouldve been confident with the defence playing like that though lol. to think Milan's defence used to be rock solid with Maldini etc

there is no Balotelli for inter tonight heard him and Jose had a sqaure go??

after this and their awful performance at the weekend it appears Inter are imploding at just the right time for Chelsea

Mourinho seems to be hinting on a return to the EPL (probably Chelsea) as some of his press conferences show he that he is fed up of being in Serie A

I can see Chelsea winning tonight quite comfortably

Im torn between my hatred of Mourinho and my hatred of basically every single Chelsea player. At the moment i think id quite like to see Inter winning it via a last minute John Terry o.g. Hopefully this will prompt Jose to run celebrating down the touchline turning all the Chelsea fans against him.

I want a pretentious signature too.

Im torn between my hatred of Mourinho and my hatred of basically every single Chelsea player. At the moment i think id quite like to see Inter winning it via a last minute John Terry o.g. Hopefully this will prompt Jose to run celebrating down the touchline turning all the Chelsea fans against him.

a love mourinho his interviews are soo funny like before the first league "Carlo Ancelotti still use your chelsea players Mourinho Well.....Drogba Cech stil my chelsea :lol: :lol: better with the way he talks " as for chelsea players a actully like drogba and a few other players but a want a final without the Man Utd and Barca a want a new champion that not been there in a bit

heh heh, I'd go along with that, for exactly the same reasons! :lol:

"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right......."

after this and their awful performance at the weekend it appears Inter are imploding at just the right time for Chelsea

Mourinho seems to be hinting on a return to the EPL (probably Chelsea) as some of his press conferences show he that he is fed up of being in Serie A

I can see Chelsea winning tonight quite comfortably

Diving ****s getting wot they deserve.

:D :D :D

Archived