Holland Vs Scotland - Page 2 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Holland Vs Scotland

Ferguson, Brown, Fletcher in the Centre. Morrison on the right and Commons on the left, here i am... stuck in the middle with youuuu.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the critism of Iwelumo is a bit harsh. When he came on against Norway he was pretty good. Yes he did miss the sitter, but everyone makes mistakes. He never lost a header and held the ball up superbly. I wouldn't mind if he started.

26/4/18

A Decade of Wakeism.

Ferguson, Brown, Fletcher in the Centre. Morrison on the right and Commons on the left, here i am... stuck in the middle with youuuu.

agree with this with ferguson holding as he seems to have forgotten how to pass forward, the big problem is up front as they are all s***e would maybe try mccormack up front, well why not

Remember The Alamo --- MORTON 5 THE MIDDEN BUT 1

No no no no no. Terrible footballer.

I think the critism of Iwelumo is a bit harsh. When he came on against Norway he was pretty good. Yes he did miss the sitter, but everyone makes mistakes. He never lost a header and held the ball up superbly. I wouldn't mind if he started.

Someone with more knowledge of the Championship than me should know, but has he not only scored once in the league since November?

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

No no no no no. Terrible footballer.

Someone with more knowledge of the Championship than me should know, but has he not only scored once in the league since November?

If by terrible footballer you mean in the form of his life in one of the best leagues in the world and West Broms best player by a mile this season and having £5m bids rejected for him from Bolton in January then yes, i agree...terrible footballer.

Iwelemo has only scored one goal, which was last weekend. But none of our strikers are going to score, and he offers something differenbt. I wouldnt mind if we played him or Miller up front.

Also Teale has been revitalised under Clough and is playing every bit as good as Commons, watching him has been unbelievable and thinking its the same player who has been farmed out on loan constantly because he wasn't wanted at Derby.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

If by terrible footballer you mean in the form of his life in one of the best leagues in the world and West Broms best player by a mile this season and having £5m bids rejected for him from Bolton in January then yes, i agree...terrible footballer.

Iwelemo has only scored one goal, which was last weekend. But none of our strikers are going to score, and he offers something differenbt. I wouldnt mind if we played him or Miller up front.

Also Teale has been revitalised under Clough and is playing every bit as good as Commons, watching him has been unbelievable and thinking its the same player who has been farmed out on loan constantly because he wasn't wanted at Derby.

He offers something different alright but its just not very good!

Teale hasnt been as good as Commons this season and to use your reasoning is better because Newcastle, etc looking to buy him. He's also been better in recent internationals. Teale has maybe had one or two good games recently in a league almost as overrated as the Premiership but hes not international class.

I cant agree with Morrison being good either. He's been Scotlands answer to Ryan McGuffie any time he's played and being the best player for a team stranded at the bottom of aleague isn't exactly a great judge of a player. The top quarte of the Premiership might be amongst the best leagues in the world but the rest is pretty poor and scrappy.

He offers something different alright but its just not very good!

Teale hasnt been as good as Commons this season and to use your reasoning is better because Newcastle, etc looking to buy him. He's also been better in recent internationals. Teale has maybe had one or two good games recently in a league almost as overrated as the Premiership but hes not international class.

I cant agree with Morrison being good either. He's been Scotlands answer to Ryan McGuffie any time he's played and being the best player for a team stranded at the bottom of aleague isn't exactly a great judge of a player. The top quarte of the Premiership might be amongst the best leagues in the world but the rest is pretty poor and scrappy.

Do you judge what Iwulemo offers as not very good based on one miss on his debut and half a friendly where he injured himself early on?. Iwulemo offered more in the time he was on the park against Norway than our two starting strikers put together. He wouldn't lose a header all day against the dutch defence and if Commons, Morrison, Brown and Fletcher could get up to support him then we might actually get a little joy.

I didn't say Teale was as good a player as Commons, i said he's been every bit as good as Commons for Derby this season and been a major part of turning them around under Clough. He deserves to be in the squad based on current form.

Being the best player at a club bottom of the premiership and attracting £5m bids is better than playing in the SPL or the Championship, unless you're thinking we should call up some Barcelona or Inter Milan players?. Plus if you play well for the bottom side in a league then it means you have to play well against better teams than your own every week. Tony Mowbray said he's been his best signing as a manager and he'll be in the Premiership again next season even if West Brom aren't.

You make three points there, and every single one of them was uninformed rubbish. Saying Iwulemo isn't very good when you've most likely seen him play less than 90 minutes in your lifetime, that Teale on current form isn't international class when you look at the players we have to choose from, you remind me of Celtic fans who say players aren't Celtic class when there is no such thing. and then that being the best player by a mile in any Premiership club isn't good enough to merit a place in the Scotland team. You're living in Cuckoo land if you honestly believe anything you said there.

32.gif

Do you judge what Iwulemo offers as not very good based on one miss on his debut and half a friendly where he injured himself early on?. Iwulemo offered more in the time he was on the park against Norway than our two starting strikers put together. He wouldn't lose a header all day against the dutch defence and if Commons, Morrison, Brown and Fletcher could get up to support him then we might actually get a little joy.

I didn't say Teale was as good a player as Commons, i said he's been every bit as good as Commons for Derby this season and been a major part of turning them around under Clough. He deserves to be in the squad based on current form.

Being the best player at a club bottom of the premiership and attracting £5m bids is better than playing in the SPL or the Championship, unless you're thinking we should call up some Barcelona or Inter Milan players?. Plus if you play well for the bottom side in a league then it means you have to play well against better teams than your own every week. Tony Mowbray said he's been his best signing as a manager and he'll be in the Premiership again next season even if West Brom aren't.

You make three points there, and every single one of them was uninformed rubbish. Saying Iwulemo isn't very good when you've most likely seen him play less than 90 minutes in your lifetime, that Teale on current form isn't international class when you look at the players we have to choose from, you remind me of Celtic fans who say players aren't Celtic class when there is no such thing. and then that being the best player by a mile in any Premiership club isn't good enough to merit a place in the Scotland team. You're living in Cuckoo land if you honestly believe anything you said there.

1. Iwelumo is pish, clumsy and only had one or two decent seasons while playing in the lower leagues of England. Thats not the hallmark of a good player. The teams he has scored against aren't exactly great either. I have actually seen more than the Norway game having been at the Argentina game and watched him play for Wolves so I think that is enough to judge him.

2. Everyone knows that bids for player in the Premiership are crazy and not a true reflection of a players worth. Morrison hasn't been good for Scotland whenever he's played and being the best player in a bad team doesnt make you a good player. Anyway the bid was between £2.5 to £3 million so get your own facts right before talking of being uniformed.

3. International class and Celtic class are two different things. Celtic fans for example have an over inflated opinion of themselves but an international player has to have certain qualities as they are at a certain level. Celtic are an average European team playing in the SPL while Scotland always play the best of whatever country they are playing. Teale just doesnt cut it I'm afraid no matter if he's in good form for a lower half Championship team or not.

So no, I'm not living in cukoo land I'm being realistic. We might not have the best choices but these guys shouldn't be close to getting a start for us. Maybe you should stop believing the hype that football in England is the best in the world just because it has the best advertising and most publicity.

Wooft, whatever happened to the Port-Ton of old eh? Mind, the one who just made jokes and innuendos. This new serious Port-Ton scares me. Not a lot, but enough.

:lol: I go through phases. I like to mix it up a bit to keep everyone on their toes. I started off as a serious poster on here and then got lead astray by the Deego's and the Weegieton's of this world, but after a spell in rehab i think im on my way back to the straight and narrow.

32.gif

I am dismayed that Chris Iwelumo is again deemed worthy of a place in the squad.

As for Gary Teale, maybe in an ideal world he wouldn't figure but this is far from an ideal world. To be fair, I thought he did very well against Man United in the cup when he came on as a sub. He does also have pace and if he gets the ball out of his feet he can actually deliver a really good ball (as Kris Boyd will testify from the Georgia game at Hampden in 2007).

Every time I've seen Kris Commons I've been impressed, and have no problems with him starting the game. James Morrison hasn't looked that great a deal in a Scotland shirt yet, but I have to say I thought he was excellent when I saw West Brom at Villa Park in January.

Alas, whatever the starting lineup is, and no matter how compact we are in the midfield (and we will need to be), I fear that we are in for a right good shoeing.

I am dismayed that Chris Iwelumo is again deemed worthy of a place in the squad.

As for Gary Teale, maybe in an ideal world he wouldn't figure but this is far from an ideal world. To be fair, I thought he did very well against Man United in the cup when he came on as a sub. He does also have pace and if he gets the ball out of his feet he can actually deliver a really good ball (as Kris Boyd will testify from the Georgia game at Hampden in 2007).

Every time I've seen Kris Commons I've been impressed, and have no problems with him starting the game. James Morrison hasn't looked that great a deal in a Scotland shirt yet, but I have to say I thought he was excellent when I saw West Brom at Villa Park in January.

Alas, whatever the starting lineup is, and no matter how compact we are in the midfield (and we will need to be), I fear that we are in for a right good shoeing.

Have faith hack, have faith. :ph34r:

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

As for Ferguson, I think hes over the hill. He is still a decent player, but doesn't command the midfield and isn't the engine room of the side anymore. He has shown this with both Rangers and Scotland is recent times. To be fair he has been carrying a few injuries, but Sunday's performance summed it up for me. He isn't the player he once was and is now meriting his start by reputation now.

Darren Flecture I'm not sure about, he never really does it for Scotland. He does the McGuffie disappearing act sometimes, and I think he isn't really in his comfort zone playing for his country. With Man U he seems to be a cracking player, but for whatever reason he just isn't the same when playing for Scotland.

I thought Ferguson was fantastic against Italy at home, although he has been gash for Rangers recently. Fletcher has been outstanding this season and will defo start against the Dutch. I actually think Fletch will play better with Ferguson back.

I think that this midfield is almost a cert. for starting in Amsterdam.

"He's not the messiah........He's a very naughty boy!.............Now P*ss Off!"

Why does the Daily Rubbish have this poll question ???

Can Scotland beat Holland in their forthcoming World Cup clash?

Would not be of more value to ask ...

Will Scotland beat Holland in their forthcoming World Cup clash?

Archived