Holland Vs Scotland - Page 12 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Holland Vs Scotland

I think McGregor should maybe have come for it. It's not quite in the category of the St Johnstone goal against us at McDiarmid Park before Christmas but it was whipped into a similar area and I think, overall, you are looking for him to come for it.

I agree with that

That is hindsight :D

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think McGregor should maybe have come for it. It's not quite in the category of the St Johnstone goal against us at McDiarmid Park before Christmas but it was whipped into a similar area and I think, overall, you are looking for him to come for it.

However, when you read things like 'any remotely competent goalkeeper' etc. then you start to detect a bit of over exaggerating in some quarters. It's almost as if some people are relishing the chance to stick the boot in because they never wanted him betweenthe sticks in the first place.

Like others on the thread I'm sceptical about whether Craig Gordon would have gone for the ball too, but that's neither here nor there.

My major gripe about the goal is the way Fletcher lets his boy go. Defending a dead ball is a shared responsibility and if you are meant to be picking a man up then you do not allow him to wander off you like that.

I wasn't saying he's not a competent goalkeeper generally - he's a decent one - but I just thought that was a really bad mistake that shouldn't be made at any level.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I still can't understand how Hunterllar had to stoop to get the ball at the back post yet the keeper isn't being held to blame for not catching the ball as it crossed the six yard box - people seem to think it was some wonder cross that appeared magically at the forward's head. What was he actually doing if he wasn't to go for the cross?

Archived