E. P. L. Banter - Page 3 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

E. P. L. Banter

GiGi

Same here, started going to Morton gaames aged 4, been watching Arsenal for almost that time.

Started watching the Gunners team that had Parlour, Overmars, Seaman, Bergkamp, etc. Thought they were magic to watch. Well, never was a fan of Parlour :)

Then came King Thierry... :D

Just as well you missed the George Graham era zzzzZZZZZZZZZZ !!!!!!! :lol:

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Grant has Chelsea playing the best football since Vialli, and on a 15 (or something similar) game undefeated streak.

Best man for the job.

I'm not so sure.

Yes he's doing well but it's not as if he has been tested. He's put out his strongest team week in, week out since he took over and hasn't shuffled the pack once to see how the team would cope.

Even in a meaningless Champions League game, when other teams such as Arsenal and Manchester United were fielding weaker sides to give other players experience AG was fielding his strongest options. Sure you could say that he just wants to keep the momentum going. There will come a point when he'll be forced to make these changes and then we will find out just how good a manager he really is. Another point to add, we haven't even seen what his signing policy is like, it could become a very interesting Christmas window with players coming and going and especially with a few of our star players going to the African cup of nations.

I'm reserving judgement until the end of the season... for now I'm saying that he's living off the hard work Jose put in place.

But not in the league...

:lol:

Aye, Arsenal have been cruising recently past the likes of Middlesborough and Newcastle... :unsure:

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

:lol:

Aye, Arsenal have been cruising recently past the likes of Middlesborough and Newcastle... :unsure:

Aye, through injury and a slip in form they remain at the top of the table ;)

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Aye, through injury and a slip in form they remain at the top of the table ;)

O no - was Fabregas out?

You'd think they'd have a squad to deal with it.

Diddy team in waiting.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

O no - was Fabregas out?

You'd think they'd have a squad to deal with it.

Diddy team in waiting.

Oh? Speak up when they fall out of the top 4 <_>

Still the team to beat if you want the title - ask Liverpool or Man Utd.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Oh? Speak up when they fall out of the top 4 <_>

Still the team to beat if you want the title - ask Liverpool or Man Utd.

Why the need when teams like Middlesborough can do it for us?

Small squad, little ambition - this is the best arsenal can get, and they still won't win the league.

Small squad, little ambition - this is the best arsenal can get, and they still won't win the league.

The fact is they have only lost one game and are still top for the time being.

And they aren't there for nothing, they've been the best.

Mon the Gunners B)

onsP5NR.jpg

how have ajax done in the champions league? oops, thats right, my mistake ;)

Out of the glory hunters, how many of you actually go?

Started going to highbury during the george graham era when young players like tony adams, david rocastle & alan smith were playing, been a huge fan ever since.

I'm pretty sure over Benitez's time in charge Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd & Spurs have all spent more than he has.

Wrong !

thats a big reason why i like arsenal, they don't buy great players, they make them ;)

must say though, they wont win the league this year

Maybe not but they're giving it a good go, i put a tenner on at the beginning of the season at 10/1, seemed a f***ing good bet to me.

The future just ain't what it used to be

how have ajax done in the champions league? oops, thats right, my mistake ;)

I really don't see how that's relevant - Ajax will win the Eredivisie this year and get a better crack at it next season.

Arsenal can't do similar because they're inferior to their direct competitors over the course of a season. :P

And doing well in the Champions League again? Tender balance going on there and still in the position to win both...

onsP5NR.jpg

then why are they top of the league?

Sprinting in a marathon.

Archived