Two Thirds Of Scotlands Football Clubs Have Organised Hooligans - Page 4 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Two Thirds Of Scotlands Football Clubs Have Organised Hooligans

AJCTON

You can adapt to local ways perfectly fine without ditching your Scottish accent, and you know it. The only reason any Scottish adult would feel the need to adopt an American accept after only a few years living there is because they're ashamed if it. You're just being a dick now.

I'm not sure why this has you so upset. I'm absolutely comfortable with my identity, which is why I'll continue to do as I please. You can speak however you like and I'll do the same. There's not a huge amount I can add here to calm you down. Just live with the fact that I speak differently to you.

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that's indeed what he's saying. And it's of course complete and utter nonsense.

I don't know if my brogue is too thick to decipher or if you're just reading through the red mist here* but I already said you don't need to do it. Look up the page - I really can't make it any clearer.

*just kidding, it's obviously the latter

EOho8Pw.png

I'm not sure why this has you so upset. I'm absolutely comfortable with my identity, which is why I'll continue to do as I please. You can speak however you like and I'll do the same. There's not a huge amount I can add here to calm you down. Just live with the fact that I speak differently to you.

:lol:  :lol:

You're far to irrelevant to upset me.  :lol:  :lol:

You're obviously ashamed to have been born in Scotland. That's absolutely fine, it's your choice. I don't think anybody else cares either. If you had the baws to just admit that then you would at retain at least a grain of integrity.

But to deny that and claim you only changed your accent to be understood in a couple of local shops is as pathetic as it is hilarious.  :lol:

Given that I said literally the exact opposite of that three posts ago, obviously I'm not saying that.

Do you often bump into the Proclaimers when you're following Andy McNeil about the various gyms of the East coast?

While I have met Charlie and Craig I am pretty sure it was never in a gym.

Hopefully I said that in a sufficient Texan drawl to be understood or do I have to be more Hispanic?

Well, no, because neoconservatism is one of the things that has us in our current situation. The 'invade then invite' thing. We destabilized much of the world, thinking functional nation-states would just spring out of the desert, and now the people there have to deal with the fallout. And we're now dealing with it at home too. I agreed with the Iraq invasion at the time but looking back on it now, both it and Libya were absolutely grave errors for all concerned - as will be Syria if we oust Assad. So, definitely not a neocon. I'd also take exception with being called xenophobic - I think it's not really a bad thing that we have such diversity of culture and language on the planet. What I do believe, unashamedly, is that the cultures that make up the West deserve protection as much as any others do. There's no reason for us to abdicate our duty to posterity in the name of virtue-signalling, really - other cultures are absolutely fine and dandy in their own context and will change and adjust at their own pace. However, I understand that words can change meaning over time, so if xenophobia in Europe is now a label applied to those who want to maintain Western culture, I'll have to live with that name. I dispute the usefulness of the term but I'll survive it.

Edit: this reply is to CHC; HamCam is so flagrantly guilty of crimes against patter than I'm not going to quote his post in the hopes that he deletes it, thinking about what he's done.

EOho8Pw.png

Well, no, because neoconservatism is one of the things that has us in our current situation. The 'invade then invite' thing. We destabilized much of the world, thinking functional nation-states would just spring out of the desert, and now the people there have to deal with the fallout. And we're now dealing with it at home too. I agreed with the Iraq invasion at the time but looking back on it now, both it and Libya were absolutely grave errors for all concerned - as will be Syria if we oust Assad. So, definitely not a neocon. I'd also take exception with being called xenophobic - I think it's not really a bad thing that we have such diversity of culture and language on the planet. What I do believe, unashamedly, is that the cultures that make up the West deserve protection as much as any others do. There's no reason for us to abdicate our duty to posterity in the name of virtue-signalling, really - other cultures are absolutely fine and dandy in their own context and will change and adjust at their own pace. However, I understand that words can change meaning over time, so if xenophobia in Europe is now a label applied to those who want to maintain Western culture, I'll have to live with that name. I dispute the usefulness of the term but I'll survive it.

Edit: this reply is to CHC; HamCam is so flagrantly guilty of crimes against patter than I'm not going to quote his post in the hopes that he deletes it, thinking about what he's done.

Too long, didn't read.

Considering some of your hilarious patter on Belgium I am fairly certain you pished yourself laughing at my effort.

Just wondering though if you have to adapt your accent depending on which shop you visit?

Just wondering though if you have to adapt your accent depending on which shop you visit?

Haha, I was wondering that as well.

There's an Asian supermarket just along the road that I visit regularly, I'm going to try out a Hong Kong Phooey accent the next time I'm in there. I'm sure they'll be delighted to see me adapting to their culture. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

Archived