Two Thirds Of Scotlands Football Clubs Have Organised Hooligans - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Two Thirds Of Scotlands Football Clubs Have Organised Hooligans

AJCTON

So today it would appear that two thirds of scottish football clubs have organised hooligans. Whats this about? Is it right enough that this is happening, find it hard to believe that this is rearing its head now but then we live in a mental world. Thoughts but i do find it hard to believe 28 clubs out of 42 organise fights and if thats the the case maybe the sfa should direct these guys towards organising the cup draw.

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back when I was even more impressionable and credulous than I am now I read some book full of badly written essays by 'hools', most of which contained at least four instances of the sentence "the lads were made up." Anyway, it had a little bestiary of firms at the end, which claimed among other things that Montrose had no fewer than four organized groups.

I felt a bit cheated that it was at the end of the book because had they done the decent thing and put it at the start I'd have known the whole thing was absolute rubbish and saved myself the bother of reading it at all.

EOho8Pw.png

Personally I think it's just media and police pish. Hooliganism on a large scale is a thing of the past imo. The games in a sad state and yet scare stories like this come out. It's utter pish especially after watching the story on bbc.

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

Not sure about 28/42 - I'd have said between 15-20.

And, in the bad old days, you were just a likely to get a slap at Montrose or Arbroath as you were at any team in the Premier League. (well maybe apart from Hearts/Airdrie/Kilmarnock and St Mirren !)

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

Not sure about 28/42 - I'd have said between 15-20.

And, in the bad old days, you were just a likely to get a slap at Montrose or Arbroath as you were at any team in the Premier League. (well maybe apart from Hearts/Airdrie/Kilmarnock and St Mirren !)

Not in the 90s and not from four different organized firms you weren't.

EOho8Pw.png

Yeah, that's fair enough Nacho. The 80's was very messy at most away grounds in Scotland. Montrose definitely had lads in those days, whether they had 4 separate mobs is debatable. Reminiscent of The People's Front Of Judea - splitters.

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

What I would like to know is this, if 28 clubs have this hooligan element why didn't the police or the bbc name them. Personally think it's utter rubbish.

"In the 1980's you had young men coming from urban areas into city centres to cause large scale disruption involving CS gas, petrol bombs and knives - a huge gang culture," explained Bradley Welsh, a once notorious casual who followed Hibernian.

"What you have now is a bunch of young middle class lads wearing designer clothes and going along seeking high-jinx for self-esteem - there's a huge difference."

I think all of us who attended football in the 1980's are not taking this revival too seriously. For a period casuals were part and parcel at just about every ground in Scotland. I believe the best take on the period was the badly written book by Jay Allan titled Bloody Casuals. He was one of the original Aberdeen 'crew' and the first Scottish casual to be jailed for football related violence. He only lists about a dozen mobs as being worthy of attention, including the Love Street Division who for certain fixtures (Aberdeen), the author, maintains had their ranks swelled by Rangers casuals.

Archived