Last Match You Went To? - Page 42 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Last Match You Went To?

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Planning on going to Junior Cup Final at Rugby Park on Sunday. Pollok are my local team (less than half a mile away), will be good to see them in the final again. I was at their last final, a 4-0 humping by Arthurlie in 1998. :(

Someone else we all know also has Pollok Juniors as their local team. He probably doesn't show his face at their ground either. :lol:

*insert signature here*

• 2 months later...

OH Leuven 0-3 Royale Union Saint-Gilloise.  Att 4,697

First chance to see OHL in the 2nd division.... oh dear, they're seriously pish. Virtually a whole new team after they were relegated and they're truly awful. The difference in standard between the top and 2nd divisions in Belgium is staggering. Union SG weren't great either but they didn't have to be, they're pretty average but strolled the game. Only crumbs of comfort for OHL were a header smashed off the underside of the bar at 0-0, a stonewall penalty denied, and a very soft penalty conceded. But overall they can't have any complaints about the result.

Belgian football fans... in a word..... weird. They're super loyal and back their teams to the hilt, which I think is mostly a good thing, but when they're as abjectly awful as OHL were tonight they need to be told. But they actually applauded the useless c*nts off the pitch! Metal. 

Was toying with the idea of buying a season ticket as I go to most of the games anyway (the stadium is literally 5 minutes from my gaff) and they had some great deals including beer tokens for match days in selected boozers including my local, ha! But I never got round to it, and looks like I dodged a bullet.

A word for the Union SG fans, only about 300-400 of them but they made lots of noise all night. 

St G.jpg

Union SG fans after their 3rd goal, no pyro no party!

Glorious. Let's hope that they sink even further down the food chain. Happy clapping no-marks.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Anyone at the Irvine Meadow vs Irvine Vics game tonight? Bevy served on the terraces and they've dished up a shame game. Sounds like they could use a new safety officer. Does anyone know of any safety officers that are unemployed at the moment?

26/4/18

A Decade of Wakeism.

Just catching up with this on P&B. There were no police at the ground until trouble emerged. Meanwhile in the SPFL if you stand up without raising your hand there's around a dozen filth on you in seconds.

Why does the SJFA get to avoid policing? Why don't they have to pay for it? Or more accurately why do we have to pay for a cop to show up for a zero-risk fixture against Queen of the South but Bumpkin County against Bumpkin Athletic doesn't?

EOho8Pw.png

"Spoke to our subs when the game restarted, who claimed that the meadow player told them he was going to pass it back to keeper. The bounce ball was uncontested by the Vics players and he ran past them, rounded the keeper, who was off his line and rolled it in the net. Shocking stuff,ruined the game and changed the atmosphere in the park"

That is some top, top trolling from Medda. Hope the scorer (Vernon) had a suitably Clarkson celebration lines up.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived