Two Thirds Of Scotlands Football Clubs Have Organised Hooligans - Page 3 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Two Thirds Of Scotlands Football Clubs Have Organised Hooligans

AJCTON

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hardly a surprise this is a hot topic, given the proposed football bill here in Scotland - which, btw, is essentially bullying of football fans.

I've seen a similar line on P and B by the Old Firm bigots recently, so I'm just going to copy and paste my response from there. Obviously not all of it applies here, but still:

Would the bigots be willing to trade criminal prosecutions of their scumbag fanbase for repeated points deductions and stadium bans applied by the SFA? Or would they bleat about conspiracies, demand to know the identities of the officials involved in the decision-making process, send threats of arson and nail bombs through the post - all of which have been methods used by Scotland's Shame over the past five years alone?

I think that we all know the answer to that one. They don't want an end to criminal prosecution because of civil liberties; they just want an end to punishment for being bigoted scumbags. The reason why the state intervened is because those two clubs in particular made it impossible for the footballing authorities to take meaningful action, without attracting the ire of thousands of mouthbreathers. And now that they've realised that they can't intimidate the state into not enforcing the law - and have no chance of removing the utterly dominant, governing party that brought forward the legislation - they're left in an utterly hilarious, impotent rage.

Tl;dr - the failure of the footballing authorities on the issue and the continued refusal of clubs to accept liability for the behaviour of their fans, with tools like Mike Mulraney preferring to keep a database of fan images rather than fining and deducting points from clubs - made state intervention inevitable. And when you hand matters over to Plod, don't expect common sense to be universally applied.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Do casuals have any idea how effete they sound when they say things like 'slaps' and 'baby crew' and 'top boy'? Polari with a lisp is less camp.

The terrace dandies had etiquette and rules of engagement so let them have their own language. No harm. Except to themselves. And puggsy once ☺

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

I'm not the least bit ashamed of my identity, hence my opposition to the grand replacement of European demographics. If I was ashamed I'd be in favor of unrestricted free migration, since the logical end point - admittedly a very long time from now - is the end of the West as it's subsumed by more fecund and more assertive cultures.

EOho8Pw.png

Why did you ditch your Scottish accent then? If you move abroad as an adult you can only do that consciously.

My uncles lived in Canada for over 40 years and they still had Greenockian accents on the days they died.

Primarily because I lived in a Hispanic neighborhood for three years and enjoyed being understood in shops. I believe your people call it 'integration'.

EOho8Pw.png

I'm not Belgian, I only live here. 

And unlike you I haven't adopted the accent of my host country, I'm not ashamed of my Scottish accent. :P

I know you think every insult you make about Belgium is like a dagger through my heart, but it really, really isn't, for two reasons.

1. I'm not Belgian.

2. Even if I was, I wouldn't give a flying fuck what a Texan Redneck thought about my country.

Primarily because I lived in a Hispanic neighborhood for three years and enjoyed being understood in shops. I believe your people call it 'integration'.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

So to make yourself understood in a couple of local shops you completely change your whole accent??   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

My company has folk from over 50 nationalities in it, literally from all over the world. They all understand me just fine.

Pretty much, yes. There's a lot less friction when you make an effort to fit in. I'm not saying everyone should/needs to do it - it's really up to them. I'm a pretty firm believer in trying to adapt to local ways.

EOho8Pw.png

I know you think every insult you make about Belgium is like a dagger through my heart, but it really, really isn't, for two reasons.

1. I'm not Belgian.

2. Even if I was, I wouldn't give a flying fuck what a Texan Redneck thought about my country.

"Did you hear the one about the Belgian?"

"Yes, but I couldn't understand it because of his accent."

"Same here. Alright, Geert, we're late for our right-wing paramilitary training."

"Is that tonight?! I have sex dungeon reservations."

"Geert, we're going to shoot up a supermarket on Saturday! You'd forget your own head if it wasn't both screwed on and slightly misshapen."

"I'm sorry, Baudouin."

"That's alright, but you owe me a disgusting king rib-esque thing from the frietkot."

EOho8Pw.png

I'm a pretty firm believer in trying to adapt to local ways.

You can adapt to local ways perfectly fine without ditching your Scottish accent, and you know it. The only reason any Scottish adult would feel the need to adopt an American accept after only a few years living there is because they're ashamed if it. You're just being a dick now.

Nacho are you seriously saying that to integrate you need to drop your accent? The Proclaimers will be having you for that one!

Given that I said literally the exact opposite of that three posts ago, obviously I'm not saying that.

Do you often bump into the Proclaimers when you're following Andy McNeil about the various gyms of the East coast?

EOho8Pw.png

Archived