Highest Reputation Content

#1094915 Duncan Douglas Foulds Rae Obe 1931-2018

Posted by TonInDublin on 24 June 2018 - 09:31 AM

A sad day for sure - not only for the Rae family but for Morton. And a day to focus purely on the positive and leave all sorts of other postulations for another time.

What is undeniable is that this man had a huge passion for our club, invested heavily in it, and was core to its survival when we needed him most. He was, above all, a Morton supporter.

He has a family that has continued that passion so far, and he should be rightly remembered fondly today by all Morton supporters.

My over riding enjoyable Dougie moment was when he was being launched up in the air by the players at Starks Park when we had secured promotion out of the second division.

There was a super half hour of togetherness with the players, management, board and supporters that lives long in my memory. A spontaneous, "you had to be there" kind of moment.

My deep sympathies go to Crawford and the extended family - with deep thanks for everything your father did for my club over many many years.

Ar dheis De go raibh a anam agus codlamh samh Dougie.

#1082487 2017 - 2018 - Championship Updates And Scores

Posted by dunning1874 on 12 January 2018 - 03:37 PM

No no this can't be right, the Morton support is actually the most negative in the world to the extent that fans have directly caused defeats with the force of their criticism and even dissuaded players from signing for the club.

As Italian fans protest outside training sessions and smash their own players' cars in response to defeats; as fans in Sweden invade the pitch to assault players in response to relegation; as players in Mali need to be rescued by police after barricading themselves in the dressing room to keep out a rioting mob on the rampage trying to set fire to the stadium; all around the world, players in these terrifying situations still find the time to breathe a sigh of relief that they don't have to face the horrors of the Morton support.

A Togolese footballer sprinting off the pitch to escape a knife wielding pitch invader can be thankful he never had to go through the torment Kudus Oyenuga and Stewart Kean faced when someone said on a forum they'd never even read that he was a desperate panic-buy based on his track record. The Croats removing the rocks thrown through their windows of their houses by their own supporters allow themselves a wry smile, safe in the knowledge they didn't have to endure an ordeal like being booed off by the Cowshed while losing at half-time or hearing someone scream a blood-curdling obscenity like 'That's pish, don't let it bounce'. The club owners in Argentina forced to hand over money to hooligan groups under threat of violence are eternally grateful that they don't have to face something as unbearable as the chant of 'sack the board'.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves for suggesting that we're anything but the most intolerant fanbase in the world, frankly.

#1095748 Season Tickets

Posted by Toby on 11 July 2018 - 09:45 AM

Surely people realise it's the die-hards that have bought season tickets, because it was such a good offer... and very significantly, to avoid the absolute farce of having to join two queues to get into Cappielow on match day? It wasn't new/lapsed supporters...

I may be wrong, but I don't think the significant increase in season ticket sales is any indicator that we are actually going to have larger attendances in the coming season. People have just decided to pay up front, for the reasons above, meaning that ticket sales on an individual match basis will be significantly down.

Financially, unless we have a very good season and attract the floating fan, the club will surely be worse off due to the large uptake of early bird season ticket sales?? i.e. people that maybe attend 13/14 games per season (there are plenty of those), didn't bother buying season tickets previously, as there was no real saving. This time around it was worth buying a season ticket if you reckoned you'd be at more than 10 games. Doing the arithmetic, let's say 14 pay on the day matches at £20 = £280, against £199 for a season ticket.... that's the club £81 down per supporter of this type. 

I'd say the increase in season ticket sales is largely down to this group, those that know they are going to miss a few games, deciding it was worth buying this time around. 

There's going to be a financial gap.. surely?  How is that gap going to be filled? Concerned me as soon as I heard how cheap the season tickets were. It's all very positive sounding saying season ticket sales are up 40%, but it doesn't add up financially for me...

Look at the state of Colin Darroch trying to pour scorn on a positive. Did you buy a season ticket, Colin? We're getting to the middle of July now and drew 0-0 with Forfar on Saturday so if you did, it's maybe time to storm back to Cappielow demanding a refund, you insufferable f*ckwit.

I'd suspect that Crawford is looking at this as a loss-leader, and next season will keep renewal prices down in order to make buying a season ticket a habit for the majority of the support- in turn making it more convenient for the majority to attend Cappielow, keeping costs at the ticket office down, allowing the club to work with a guaranteed budget and gradually building the hardcore support.

Of course that doesn't suit Colin Darroch's attention seeking agenda against the club though, does it? Plenty on here have spoken of their desire to speculate to accumulate- that's exactly what the club are doing, as well as increasing the playing budget at the same time, and replacing a manager with a year left on his contract who most wanted shot of, even after what will probably be a loss making financial year up to 31st May 2018.

It's very easy to say , "Ah yes, but look at the deficit, it's increasing every year". The old way didn't work though, and it's Crawford's club now. He's looking for ways to improve things instead of sitting on his hands. Nobody with any sort of business nous would just take over a company and allow it to continue making losses without trying something.

It could end up like Stephen Thompson taking over from Eddie at Dundee United, but at the very least I'm pleased to see the effort he's putting in to make positive changes.

Some of our support though, most notably Colin Darroch, would love nothing more than to see him fail in order to say he told us so.

#1096416 The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread

Posted by vikingTON on 18 July 2018 - 06:19 PM

Keenan however, is clearly scrambling for all sorts of Scott McLaughlin-esque relevance with the Morton support with that sort of tweet.

Let’s stop talking about them and keep them irrelevant.

Disagree with this approach for two reasons.

i) This isn't some generic, s*** 'bantz' between fellow footballers in a dressing room - this is a couple of senior, washed up, crap failures with a snickering bellend like O'Ware in tow trying to call out a player at the very beginning of their career for a lack of professionalism - a player who they almost certainly have had no meaningful interaction with. Tumilty himself probably doesn't need anyone to give him hauners against that job lot, but their behaviour should publicly be called out to highlight the players involved as arrogant cretins. Perhaps a negative storm on social media will affect their future employment chances or, at the very least, stop them from getting the type of attention that the likes of Keenan really crave - being treated as a fascinating 'personality' of lower league football as opposed to just being a complete and utter moron who stunk the place out.

2) Ignoring the comments is also boring whereas The Famous reducing Keenan or McAnespie to a frothing mess via social media trolling would be both fun and piss-easy to accomplish, because they're quite clearly thick as ****.

Get them hounded.

#1096071 Hopkin

Posted by Deego on 14 July 2018 - 11:08 PM

If he was offered the Morton job, and turned it down, there was obviously something that really put him off... and it wasn't the salary on offer.

You?

#1095757 Season Tickets

Posted by vikingTON on 11 July 2018 - 10:57 AM

I may be wrong

Stopped reading here; awarded red dot anyway.

#1091719 Hopkin

Posted by Ray Von on 19 May 2018 - 06:23 PM

You make him sound like a serial rapist or worse. The guy made a horrible mistake and was dealt with by the authorities. The SFA have not rejected his player membership so they are happy he is not a risk to sisters, brothers or morthers.

We have had ex drug users, deals, alcoholics and players who have committed assaults but due to their stature it was forgotten.

Lithgow what ever you think of him is a good player and if 1200 Morton fans are opposed to him, I'm sure that if the next 90m go his way then he won't care as he will be a Premiership player with massive crowds in attendance.

I seen someone saying he shouldnt be allowed at Cappielow, unfortunately he played at Cappielow, all be it for Livi, at least twice last season.

Guy was charged and he needs to move on with his life and career and take the learnings from it.

In my opinion, Lithgow would have been a better addition. To our squad than Luca and Lee Miller is a better player than McHugh, Baird and Thomson.

Massive crowds.
Even more folk to wave his cock at.

#1090588 The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread

Posted by dunning1874 on 02 May 2018 - 10:40 AM

I know that part of Duffy's modus operandi is to make the players feel comfortable in their environment, but the fact the players stating their bemusement really begins to point to a club with absolutely no real ambition. If the players believe that finishing 7th is acceptable then we need a manager who's going to give them a boot up the arse.

Yeah, that the players seem to be perplexed by this says a lot about the ingrained attitude in the squad.

I felt there was a telling slip from Duffy on the radio last night. Gary Naysmith was talking about how tight the league is and how anyone can beat anyone, usual clichés, and Duffy came in to mention beating Dundee United 3-0 as an example. He then said words to the effect of 'for Morton to beat Dundee United 3-0, to beat Dundee United at all, but especially to win 3-0 at Tannadice is unheard of.'

If that's a manager's attitude, that Dundee United are basically still a European Cup semi-final stature of team and little Morton can't possibly be expected to compete with them regardless of how bad they get on the pitch, is it any wonder the players downed tools and settled for fourth as something to be celebrated a year ago when we were in a position to comfortably finish second ahead of them?

The plucky little Morton attitude needs purged.

#1048109 Thread About Ex Player

Posted by vikingTON on 21 November 2016 - 11:50 PM

Pics or it didn't happen.

No, it simply happened. And no one in their right mind would give pictures to a creep like yourself anyway.

Back in your box then.

#1048079 Thread About Ex Player

Posted by vikingTON on 21 November 2016 - 07:39 PM

Ed de Ball - posts: 531

Another effortless victory for The Clique. 

dance.gif

#1047654 Thread About Ex Player

Posted by LargsTON on 17 November 2016 - 07:48 PM

You can't be that good at it if you're still practicing.  :blink:

You must be an expert at giving Ernie a bawhum by now.

#1096753 Who Is The Biggest Arsehole To Have Played For Morton?

Posted by dunning1874 on 23 July 2018 - 12:17 PM

Thomas O'Ware 2011-18
Some might say that it's harsh to include Thomas, given his longevity, goalscoring record and relative success at Morton. It's not. He's a dick. Surprising then that he didn't actually receive a vote, but with such a high calibre of candidate, competition is fierce. There were always tales of his arrogance and ego, but the straw that broke the camel's back for most was the announcement that he'd be going prior to the final game of last season. After a relatively poor season, it wasn't pleasant to hear that he'd been desperate to go the season before. Whether that affected his performances is doubtful, but he'll not be missed. Here's hoping he paid his £12 in yesterday.

While I agree that there are far worse than him with this fierce competition and in the grand scheme of things he pretty much just sits in the long list of players with an ego who were nowhere near as good as they thought they were, I think you're being far too kind to O'Ware there. I don't think it's doubtful that it affected his performance at all - I think it's an absolute certainty that it did.

He didn't try a leg all season because he genuinely believed that he was considerably better than all the players around him and could get away with strolling through games, which also explains his Stuart McCluskey style tantrums with the rest of the defence after his own mistakes directly resulted in goals. He didn't view it as a deflection tactic, he genuinely believed he was blameless because how could a player so far above the level of the rest of the defence be responsible for that defence losing terrible goals? He was the weak link but has such an inflated opinion of himself that he believed he was holding the defence together without even trying.

His attitude was an absolute disgrace and he admitted as much himself with his interview after leaving. The way he conducted himself over the season is a far bigger issue for me than announcing his departure in the media without telling the club, which is of course snaky behaviour itself.

#1094904 Duncan Douglas Foulds Rae Obe 1931-2018

Posted by GiGi on 24 June 2018 - 09:13 AM

https://gmfc.net/201...-obe-1931-2018/

Very sad news. Thanks to him we still have Morton and I'm grateful for that.

#1094836 The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread

Posted by capitanus on 22 June 2018 - 07:40 PM

Still waiting on an answer tbf

I don't think he will, to be honest. I expect some lame 'porky' jibe from him for bringing the subject back to the top again, when he was hoping it was going to be conveniently buried. No doubt his groomer will also try and fail at fighting his battle for him as well. Again.

Still, his son being one of them....

Spoiler

#1094711 The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread

Posted by TaunTon on 21 June 2018 - 04:09 PM

If the clique and their acolytes/fanboys ( ie you) can't handle a bit of dissent, that's tough.

It's a s*** job but somebody has to do it. Watch you don't fall off that bandwagon Taunton.

Do shut up you scabby dildo.

#1094026 The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread

Posted by Toby on 14 June 2018 - 07:55 AM

Salou was only ever an option inside the head of a twisted wee dick.

I opted for the car. :bouncy:

Pity there wasn’t the option of Henri Paul as a chauffeur.