Morton v Brora Rangers - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton v Brora Rangers

suda

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This club is on its arse. Relegation will finish us off.

Pretty much exactly what I heard a couple of weeks ago from one of the old boys that sits in the Directors Box... club in hanging by a thread.

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

Pretty much exactly what I heard a couple of weeks ago from one of the old boys that sits in the Directors Box... club in hanging by a thread.

That’s strange, because I seem to recall you under your previous Walter Mitty account claiming to have sized up posters on this forum from your usual position in the Cowshed, yet now you’ve made an improbable switch to within earshot of the directors’ box. So were you talking utter shite then, utter shite now, or quite possibly both?

A: It’s definitely both.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

This club is on its arse. Relegation will finish us off.

Why would relegation ‘finish off’ a club with quite clearly enough of a fanbase and revenue to compete in the second tier of professional football, if run even halfway competently?

Relegation doesn’t actually change the football club’s viability at all, which is why I couldn’t give a toss about the annual ‘we’re going down!’ hyperventilating nonsense on here. It’s just the deserved punishment for piss poor decision making and failure. That’s what we should be getting hounded regardless of the final league position.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I just think the apathy levels would soar. Barring a complete takeover, I can see a fair bit of the fanbase just not having the stomach for League 1 football again.

Maybe I'm overreacting but I fear the same, I think a long decline into Airdriedom awaits us if we go down again. Nobody's going to get off their arse to watch us hoof the ball up the channel against Montrose and East Fife, surely?

EOho8Pw.png

That’s strange, because I seem to recall you under your previous Walter Mitty account claiming to have sized up posters on this forum from your usual position in the Cowshed, yet now you’ve made an improbable switch to within earshot of the directors’ box. So were you talking utter shite then, utter shite now, or quite possibly both?

A: It’s definitely both.

Believe it or not I know people that sit in the Director’s Box... and sometimes bump into them away from Cappielow!

The nature of the guy’s business would lend some weight to what he was saying... he knows his stuff when it comes to failing organisations. Quite a depressing scenario outlined.

Did speak very highly of Dave MacKinnon, but only so much he can do in his role.

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

Maybe I'm overreacting but I fear the same, I think a long decline into Airdriedom awaits us if we go down again. Nobody's going to get off their arse to watch us hoof the ball up the channel against Montrose and East Fife, surely?

Pretty much aye, especially with the same management team.

Airdriedom is already upon us. We've got a keeper from the Ecky thump leagues who leaks like a colander, an assortment of shite, has-beens and never-will-be's in our squad, a jumped up Salty as an assistant manager and a Peter Tobin lookalike as coach. We are destined to achieve fuck all ever again. Nobody here gives a flying fuck how successful our manager was elsewhere, especially as he is dying on his arse here. Crawford and his bus wanker chum can sneer all they like from the directors box, but we are the poor cunts paying through the nose for this and we deserve much better.

We will have the most expensive season tickets in the third tier at this rate.

*insert signature here*

Aye what we really need is everyone to chip in even more money so we can get more groomed-arsed players on a friend of the coach basis from the pub leagues of Bullseye country. Our season ticket money isn't enough to bankroll our current crop of bobajob failures, as well as our high earning kitman and expensive chief executive; plus Crawford and his sibling's big expense accounts.

*insert signature here*

Aye what we really need is everyone to chip in even more money so we can get more groomed-arsed players on a friend of the coach basis from the pub leagues of Bullseye country. Our season ticket money isn't enough to bankroll our current crop of bobajob failures, as well as our high earning kitman and expensive chief executive; plus Crawford and his sibling's big expense accounts.

I agree. The ‘Morton Club Together’ guy definitely needs more succulent lamb. And a crescent of crisps. And a hot egg. And a side clump of cress.

Archived