Which players would you keep - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Which players would you keep

Interested

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most posters on here have been saying that JJ doesn’t get the best out of our players, which makes it difficult to assess who would be worth keeping, especially if JJ leaves. I would like to see Gaston, Millar, Lyon, Oliver, Strapp and Johnstone (if fit) stay. Also Kiltie if possible. Iredale could also improve under a proper manager.

... if JJ leaves. I would like to see Gaston, Millar, Lyon, Oliver, Strapp and Johnstone (if fit) stay. Also Kiltie if possible. Iredale could also improve under a proper manager.

A few of those would be ok at League 1 level but keeping 7 of this year's losers in the Championship would be admitting defeat before a ball is kicked.

Morton will probably keep more than seven and we will suffer accordingly.

A few of those would be ok at League 1 level but keeping 7 of this year's losers in the Championship would be admitting defeat before a ball is kicked.

Morton will probably keep more than seven and we will suffer accordingly.

The problem has mainly been a duff manager rather than the players. I wouldn't be too disappointed if we kept most but then again I wouldn't be bothered about losing them either.

Whilst I agree we shouldn't be hanging in to too many, that's a bit harsh on those listed. Only Millar has had a full season and even then you could make an argument for him having played far too many matches.

Johnstone might turn out to be a cracking player at this level but we can't afford to take such a big risk on a high earner if we're going with a really small squad.

Whilst I agree we shouldn't be hanging in to too many, that's a bit harsh on those listed. Only Millar has had a full season and even then you could make an argument for him having played far too many matches.

Johnstone might turn out to be a cracking player at this level but we can't afford to take such a big risk on a high earner if we're going with a really small squad.

It's not harsh at all. Any Morton player who thinks they've contributed as much as they possibly can this season needs a boot up the arse.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Wasn’t at the Q&A but the Tele reported Crawford as saying Dundee would be looking for (I think) £30k in compensation

It's fine, their incompetent CEO misfiled the paperwork so they're not due anythi...oh never mind. Got mixed up with another club.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

If I was another team, I'd look at the biggest majority of our squad and go "aye, they're alright, I'll take them" but it'd be hard to be enthusiastic about too many staying after the way things have went. 

I've probably said it before, but we've got a squad of players that mostly consists of alright mid-table Championship players. With a run of the mill manager getting the basic level out of each of them, we'd be on the coat-tails of the play-offs and probably just squeezed out in the end; with the right manager, which could or could not have been McKinnon, getting a bit more out of them, we'd most likely be fairly comfortable in 4th place by now; with a really shite one, we'd be exactly where we are now.

We'd probably get on better if the players weren't still trying to work out what Johansson wants and just ignored him: all you need to do is look at the way the midfielders stand at the half-way line, desperate to push forward and clearly being told not to. 

AWMSC

Yeah if Waddell wasnt't offered a new deal by Dundee then sure, I'd be looking to go and have a chat. He definitely has raw potential, and his form has suffered like most of the team under the buffoon in the dugout, but I see potential in there.

If Buchanan is going to sign up for next season then I don't think we can afford to bring in Waddell. Their strengths and, more importantly, weaknesses are too similar for them to play together. They don't have 90 minutes of concentration between them.

Prob depends what League Dundee are in next season. If they come down they might offer him something but can't see them keeping him if they stay up.

If JJ is the manager next season, i don't think it really matters how the squad looks, we will be rank rotten again!

1 win in 13, 

20% win ratio,

26 goals scored and 41 conceded in his 29 league games,

It's getting ridiculous now that he is still our manager!

Prob depends what League Dundee are in next season. If they come down they might offer him something but can't see them keeping him if they stay up.

If JJ is the manager next season, i don't think it really matters how the squad looks, we will be rank rotten again!

1 win in 13,

20% win ratio,

26 goals scored and 41 conceded in his 29 league games,

It's getting ridiculous now that he is still our manager!

Two year deal as well...fucking hell.

Archived